Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Top 101 Players of 2022

3. JOE BURROW, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati overhauled its offensive line to make Burrow’s life easier, but by playoff time, injuries meant the Bengals were right back where they started. Nonetheless, Burrow continued to look excellent, as he came up just short of completing four-straight wins against Mahomes and the Chiefs in the AFC title game.

39. JA'MARR CHASE, CINCINNATI BENGALS

For those wondering if Chase’s production might slow down once teams had a better handle on him, this season suggested the answer to that is “not really.” Even missing time, Chase still racked up over 1,000 yards in just 12 games and was a major factor in all three postseason performances.

41. D.J. READER, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Few players put together the kind of highs that Reader did this season, and injury prevented him from having one of the very best seasons in the entire league. He produced 32 pressures from 310 pass-rushing snaps and was a brick wall against the run.

56. TREY HENDRICKSON, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Hendrickson continues to go from strength to strength in the NFL. He is on a streak of three consecutive career years, adding to last season’s 86.9 PFF pass-rushing grade with an 87.7 mark this season on the back of 74 pressures and 24 defensive stops.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
damn...1 and 2 both Chiefs.

Nice to see Burrow get the respect he deserves
Reply/Quote
Nice to see some recognition. If Chase had a full season he'd easily be top 20. A bit surprised Tee didn't make it towards the bottom.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 09:53 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: damn...1 and 2 both Chiefs.

Nice to see Burrow get the respect he deserves

And then another Chief right after Burrow.

Having that many dudes in the Top 10 let alone the Top 5 shows why the Chiefs are so good every year for the past 5+ years.
Get you an elite QB, pass catcher, and pass rusher, and you can contend for a long time.
Bengals have two of those, and you could argue Hendrickson is close for the third. But getting one more true pass rush threat (especially inside) would really help.
Also, get Burrow a damn OL that can pass block, for the love of!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And then another Chief right after Burrow.

Having that many dudes in the Top 10 let alone the Top 5 shows why the Chiefs are so good every year for the past 5+ years.
Get you an elite QB, pass catcher, and pass rusher, and you can contend for a long time.
Bengals have two of those, and you could argue Hendrickson is close for the third. But getting one more true pass rush threat (especially inside) would really help.
Also, get Burrow a damn OL that can pass block, for the love of!

Bengals need an o-line that can run block. 3.9ypc and 4.1ypc aren’t gonna cut it. Can’t be one dimensional anymore
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals need an o-line that can run block. 3.9ypc and 4.1ypc aren’t gonna cut it. Can’t be one dimensional anymore

Its like we need a coach or something to teach these things...  
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its like we need a coach or something to teach these things...  

And maybe like a special title for them too, to emphasize that they are supposed to coordinate the run game as a whole.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its like we need a coach or something to teach these things...  

(02-24-2023, 12:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And maybe like a special title for them too, to emphasize that they are supposed to coordinate the run game as a whole.

Hey, I’m with you. Not high on Pollack either
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 09:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nice to see some recognition. If Chase had a full season he'd easily be top 20. A bit surprised Tee didn't make it towards the bottom.

I thought Pratt might be on there, too. He ended up grading out pretty high for the season (80.6).

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 01:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Pratt might be on there, too. He ended up grading out pretty high for the season (80.6).

2-down LBs that also don't rush the passer are pretty much destined to always be put behind the good every down guys and pass rushing guys.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 01:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2-down LBs that also don't rush the passer are pretty much destined to always be put behind the good every down guys and pass rushing guys.

Eh, good players are good players. We had a nose tackle with 0 sacks make the list.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 04:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

3. JOE BURROW, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati overhauled its offensive line to make Burrow’s life easier, but by playoff time, injuries meant the Bengals were right back where they started. Nonetheless, Burrow continued to look excellent, as he came up just short of completing four-straight wins against Mahomes and the Chiefs in the AFC title game.

39. JA'MARR CHASE, CINCINNATI BENGALS

For those wondering if Chase’s production might slow down once teams had a better handle on him, this season suggested the answer to that is “not really.” Even missing time, Chase still racked up over 1,000 yards in just 12 games and was a major factor in all three postseason performances.

41. D.J. READER, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Few players put together the kind of highs that Reader did this season, and injury prevented him from having one of the very best seasons in the entire league. He produced 32 pressures from 310 pass-rushing snaps and was a brick wall against the run.

56. TREY HENDRICKSON, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Hendrickson continues to go from strength to strength in the NFL. He is on a streak of three consecutive career years, adding to last season’s 86.9 PFF pass-rushing grade with an 87.7 mark this season on the back of 74 pressures and 24 defensive stops.

Those are some pretty surprising numbers for DJ. 32 pressures in the passing game? Whoa.

Also Trey had a better season than some thought according to his pass rush grade, he won't be happy with his sack numbers though.

Bet Trey will work on finishing a lot this Offseason and will up his game even more. Ossai coming along and being healthy should help.
Reply/Quote
Since 2006 only Geno and Whit graded out higher than Burrow did this past season.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Since 2006 only Geno and Whit graded out higher than Burrow did this past season.

So i guess it's safe to say if they're saying "since 2006" they haven't really changed their scoring methods and it's still +2 to -2 per play?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 02:24 AM)basballguy Wrote: So i guess it's safe to say if they're saying "since 2006" they haven't really changed their scoring methods and it's still +2 to -2 per play?

I have no idea if it’s changed or not. The reason it goes back to 2006 is because that was the first season PFF compiled a complete set of data according to this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Football_Focus

Reply/Quote
Reader top 5
Trey top 10

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader top 5
Trey top 10

They were both very, very good. There were plays I was like WOW with DJ. And plays where I was like look at Trey there's just no quit in him.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 07:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They were both very, very good. There were plays I was like WOW with DJ. And plays where I was like look at Trey there's just no quit in him.

Was surprised how well both played coming back from bad injuries as well. DJ was a force right off the bat coming off of injury and
Trey surprised me how well he played with a broken wrist. These guys are warriors.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh..just one opinion. I would have put Obuehi at the very top for his ability to get paid for nothing.. That takes special skills..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hey, I’m with you. Not high on Pollack either

My biggest gripe with Brian Callahan is that he couldn't manage to get his dad to coach OL here.  There was a chance when he left DC, but for some reason it didn't happen.  Bill would be a game changer if he took over the OL/run game.  
Reply/Quote