Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Top-25 OL
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-offensive-linemen-of-the-2017-nfl-season?utm_content=buffer1c4aa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Quote:16. Andrew Whitworth, T, Los Angeles Rams – 83.6 overall grade

PFF Elite Stat: Whitworth has allowed just 21 pressures this year, across 443 pass blocking snaps.

He may be 36-years old, but Andrew Whitworth remains one of the best tackles in the game, and has done so outside of the protection of the Cincinnati offensive scheme which has been one of the easier to block within for the past several seasons. Whitworth has represented a monstrous upgrade over what the Rams have had at left tackle over the past few years. Whitworth has surrendered 21 total pressures on the season, and has positive grades in every facet of play PFF measures.

Quote:20. Kevin Zeitler, G, Cleveland Browns – 82.9 overall grade

PFF Elite Stat: Zeitler has allowed one single sack on 555 pass blocking snaps.

The big offseason acquisition for the Cleveland Browns along the offensive line was Kevin Zeitler, coming over from the divisional-rival Cincinnati Bengals. Zeitler hasn’t been as good as he was in the past, but he has picked up his play and still been impressive overall as this Cleveland offensive line has begun to gel. His season has actually been very strong, punctuated be regular poor games, typically against the best interior defenders on his schedule. He has had poor outings against his old team in Cincinnati, against Tennessee and Jurrell Casey, against the Ravens and Jaguars, but against everybody else he has been excellent.

Oh, and the top 4? Center, Guard, Guard, Center.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't you know that our offensive line was bad with them last year therefore losing them wasn't a big deal?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't you know that our offensive line was bad with them last year therefore losing them wasn't a big deal?  Hilarious

Come to think of it, I do remember a couple of people posting to that effect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Come to think of it, I do remember a couple of people posting to that effect.

I remember more than a couple. Sometimes I think people root for Mike Brown's wallet more than the actual team!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-offensive-linemen-of-the-2017-nfl-season?utm_content=buffer1c4aa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Shows how well you have to play to be recognized playing for the bengals...

It does make me laugh the amount of love and press that Whitworth is getting when he's probably playing a slight notch down from 2-3 years ago when his pass blocking with us was peerless  (wasn't he PFF top 1 or 2 tackle those years).

Don't get me wrong he is still playing well and I want the rams or vikes to win out but it shows the power of LA, a redemption story in Goff,etc,etc to see him getting so much attention.   Good luck to him..classy guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I remember more than a couple. Sometimes I think people root for Mike Brown's wallet more than the actual team!

It originated with just a couple, then the ones who don't know what to think until someone tells them what to think, started parroting along.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It originated with just a couple, then the ones who don't know what to think until someone tells them what to think, started parroting along.

Some of the things that were said during the offseason were funny. I've looked back but resisted calling people out.

There were some posts about how the team didn't have a position group with a weakness, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some of the things that were said during the offseason were funny. I've looked back but resisted calling people out.

There were some posts about how the team didn't have a position group with a weakness, etc.

Well, you can put me in the group that thought the defense was going to be lights out.  It was looking like the Secondary was going to be strong, after getting it together in the back half of 2016, and before the season began, the Minter signing and Vigil coming into his second season was going to be the cure for the LB position.

I guess that didn't really work out so well..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-offensive-linemen-of-the-2017-nfl-season?utm_content=buffer1c4aa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

This was unnecessary. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I saw Whit get downfield about 18 yards and crush 2 key blocks springing the runner into the end zone. It was one of the most beautiful (and thusly disgusting) plays I’ve seen all season.
Reply/Quote
The people saying they were too expensive to resign them, as if they were personally paying the tab, was the funniest to me.
Reply/Quote
Bengals dumb. Browns Rams smart.

It's hard to keep being wordy on this topic.

I have noticed that nobody's talking about how stupid it was to not keep Reggie Nelson anymore since he fell off the inevitable proverbial cliff... It's coming for Whitworth too. They definitely should've kept one or the other (the younger of the two), but they didn't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's embarrassing how dumb our front office is. Their idea of getting better on the Offensive line was letting their two best play the go from the unit. Also replacing the best LT with the worst RT was brilliant as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:51 PM)jason Wrote: Bengals dumb. Browns Rams smart.

I have noticed that nobody's talking about how stupid it was to not keep Reggie Nelson anymore since he fell off the inevitable proverbial cliff... It's coming for Whitworth too. They definitely should've kept one or the other (the younger of the two), but they didn't.

I’ll say it to the 100th person on here... tagging Whit for this year was the right move. Everyone acts little JW the only alternative to not signing him was to give him 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Remember when we skipped over DeCastro out of Stanford (#2 on this list to draft Zeitler).....oh well DeCastro would be gone as well..............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
'Member when people laughed at Whit for choosing the Rams over a superior team like the Bengals. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:32 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The people saying they were too expensive to resign them, as if they were personally paying the tab, was the funniest to me.

Yeah...people worry about Mike Brown's wallet a lot.

We had the cap space.

We've been saving cap space to re-sign future guys for years then when the future becomes the present we let a bunch of guys go.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:51 PM)jason Wrote: Bengals dumb. Browns Rams smart.

The Bengals absolutely TRIED to keep Whitworth. People acting like they allowed him to leave because of age just isn't reality.

Nelson I have no clue on.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals absolutely TRIED to keep Whitworth. People acting like they allowed him to leave because of age just isn't reality.

Nelson I have no clue on.

Didn't try very hard. They could have tagged him and it wouldn't be a matter of trying or not.

They lowballed him, he left, they said "oh well" and told Hobspin to start writing up some articles about Ogbuehi going back to his "natural position" and how much he was working out, and how he was going to have a healthy offseason and such BS.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Man did we screw the pooch in letting Whit go. I could understand Zeitler with how much the Stains paid him but
this team probably would not be where it is if Whit was still here. Not only is he a great LT, he is a great leader.

Also your last point proves itself. To not value the interior O-line is the stupidest thing a Front Office can do.
Reply/Quote