Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Trade Down Mock
Traded down twice from 31 to 39 with Chicago picking up a 3rd and from 39 to 50 with the Chiefs picking up 2 more 3rds.

I also traded down from 63 with Atlanta for 74, 114 (4th rounder) and their 4th next year. Seems unlikely ATL will want to trade up but that's where this mock went.

So at the cost of pick 31, we gained 50, 71, 94, and 103. For 63 we gained 74, 114 and a 4th next year.

Only did 5 rounds.

Pick 50 - Leo Chenal LB Wisconsin

Honestly haven't looked up much but know he's highly regard by media and draft analyst from YouTube. Considering I've spent most my time researching OL, DL and DB prospects I haven't looked at him as much but the value was undeniable at this point.

Pick 71 - Alec Pierce WR UC

Not much needs to be said about this pick.

Pick 74 - Nick Cross S Maryland

One of my favorite prospects in this draft. Likely will be a 2nd round pick when its all said and done but he was here in this mock so I HAD to take him. Likely Bells replacement but I've heard of him being the top centerfield S prospect in this draft.

Pick 94 - James Cook RB Georgia

Gives Mixon a breather and adds talent to the offense. None of the TE talents at this point were deserving of this pick.

Pick 95 - Cam Taylor-Britt CB Nebraska

Literally my favorite prospect in this draft. Not afraid to take on blockers to make the tackle. Around the ball all the time, willingness to blitz and provide run support. Think he has a chance to start over Apple this year even this low of a draft pick. Kid also seem humble and genuine from his Pro day interview. FWIW, he started a gofundme for a hs teammate that got paralyzed from chest down and if he gets drafted and you want to donate to it, he has the link on this Twitter. He and his mother also respond to any tweets when you show your support.

Pick 103 - Matthew Butler 3T Tennessee

Rotational player with BJ. Older prospect as a 5th year senior but improved on his stats every year. Would have went 3T earlier than this but the value didn't fit like this one did.

Pick 114 - Cam Jurgens OC Nebraska

First things first, he very likely won't be there at this point. Let's accept that. There's rumors that Jurgens is above Linderbaum on some boards. 4th round feels impossible if that statement is true but for PFF he was. Jurgens shot up his stock with his athletic tests but raised his play strength as well putting on weight. Back up for OC and OG while also giving Carman another competitor for LG. This is around the range I feel confident in picking a OL prospect to say we are giving the 2nd rounder every chance to take the role but we have the talent to compete with him. Win/win/win considering the talent we picked before this.

Pick 136 - Isiah Thomas Edge OU

Prospect we are high on according to James Rapien. Value was there so I drafted him for pass rush depth.

Pick 176 - Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin

Finally I get us a TE with the value at this point in the draft. I watched Jake's tape against Nebraska and feel like if he plays like that, he's a big steal for our O. We don't need a Kelce in our O so get some one reliable with some talent. Enter Jake.

As always, appreciate the opinions of my fellow Bengals and trash what you don't like or comment on things you feel I did well on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 07:10 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Traded down twice from 31 to 39 with Chicago picking up a 3rd and from 39 to 50 with the Chiefs picking up 2 more 3rds.

I also traded down from 63 with Atlanta for 74, 114 (4th rounder) and their 4th next year. Seems unlikely ATL will want to trade up but that's where this mock went.

So at the cost of pick 31, we gained 50, 71, 94, and 103. For 63 we gained 74, 114 and a 4th next year.

Only did 5 rounds.

Honestly haven't looked up much but know he's highly regard by media and draft analyst from YouTube. Considering I've spent most my time researching OL, DL and DB prospects I haven't looked at him as much but the value was undeniable at this point.

One of my favorite prospects in this draft. Likely will be a 2nd round pick when its all said and done but he was here in this mock so I HAD to take him. Likely Bells replacement but I've heard of him being the top centerfield S prospect in this draft.

Gives Mixon a breather and adds talent to the offense. None of the TE talents at this point were deserving of this pick.

Literally my favorite prospect in this draft. Not afraid to take on blockers to make the tackle. Around the ball all the time, willingness to blitz and provide run support. Think he has a chance to start over Apple this year even this low of a draft pick. Kid also seem humble and genuine from his Pro day interview.  FWIW, he started a gofundme for a hs teammate that got paralyzed from chest down and if he gets drafted and you want to donate to it, he has the link on this Twitter. He and his mother also respond to any tweets when you show your support.

Rotational player with BJ. Older prospect as a 5th year senior but improved on his stats every year. Would have went 3T earlier than this but the value didn't fit like this one did.

First things first, he very likely won't be there at this point. Let's accept that. There's rumors that Jurgens is above Linderbaum on some boards. 4th round feels impossible if that statement is true but for PFF he was. Jurgens shot up his stock with his athletic tests but raised his play strength as well putting on weight. Back up for OC and OG while also giving Carman another competitor for LG. This is around the range I feel confident in picking a OL prospect to say we are giving the 2nd rounder every chance to take the role but we have the talent to compete with him. Win/win/win considering the talent we picked before this.

Prospect we are high on according to James Rapien. Value was there so I drafted him for pass rush depth.

Finally I get us a TE with the value at this point in the draft. I watched Jake's tape against Nebraska and feel like if he plays like that, he's a big steal for our O. We don't need a Kelce in our O so get some one reliable with some talent. Enter Jake.

As always, appreciate the opinions of my fellow Bengals and trash what you don't like or comment on things you feel I did well on.
At first glance, I didn't like the idea of watching a lot of good players go by. However you rebounded by getting some solid players! Good selections!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: At first glance, I didn't like the idea of watching a lot of good players go by. However you rebounded by getting some solid players! Good selections!

Thanks! PFF gave me a B lol. Clearly they aren't objective and only want you to follow their Big Board
Reply/Quote
I am big Chenal fan
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 04:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am big Chenal fan

PD, how you feel about his coverage ability? I watched 1 game i think. Most plays, seems he was mostly rushing the passer.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 07:10 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Traded down twice from 31 to 39 with Chicago picking up a 3rd and from 39 to 50 with the Chiefs picking up 2 more 3rds.

Only did 5 rounds.

Literally my favorite prospect in this draft. Not afraid to take on blockers to make the tackle. Around the ball all the time, willingness to blitz and provide run support. Think he has a chance to start over Apple this year even this low of a draft pick. Kid also seem humble and genuine from his Pro day interview.  FWIW, he started a gofundme for a hs teammate that got paralyzed from chest down and if he gets drafted and you want to donate to it, he has the link on this Twitter. He and his mother also respond to any tweets when you show your support.

As I started reading this, I was going to slam you for going after a LB before CB or DT.
But then you took two of my guys in CTB and Butler, so we're good :)
Everyone knows I'm also a huge fan of Jurgens and Ferguson too.
Cross has the speed and athleticism to be a good safety, but his ability to really cover will determine whether he plays more FS vs SS, in my eyes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 05:29 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: PD, how you feel about his coverage ability? I watched 1 game i think. Most plays, seems he was mostly rushing the passer.

I think he would take place of SAM or Pratt.  Wilson would remain Wil.  From what I have seen of Chenal, he is one of those players that exudes attitude and enforcer.  He can blitz rather well.  He can "chase" but coverage is probably not his forte.  He is sort of like a "clean" Burfict type.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 05:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As I started reading this, I was going to slam you for going after a LB before CB or DT.
But then you took two of my guys in CTB and Butler, so we're good :)
Everyone knows I'm also a huge fan of Jurgens and Ferguson too.
Cross has the speed and athleticism to be a good safety, but his ability to really cover will determine whether he plays more FS vs SS, in my eyes.

Ha, thanks. I think I'm one of the biggest CTB fan boys since the past month and a half lol. I'd be willing to trade up slightly in 2 for him. He just seems like a great fit both scheme wise and with his willingness of him to come up for support.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 05:29 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: PD, how you feel about his coverage ability? I watched 1 game i think. Most plays, seems he was mostly rushing the passer.

I admit that I'm not impressed.  But Chenal's an elite pass rusher and an elite run stopper.  You can't have everything.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:27 PM)puddycat Wrote: I admit that I'm not impressed.  But Chenal's an elite pass rusher and an elite run stopper.  You can't have everything.

Curious, do you say you're not impressed with the mock (why/not?) or not impressed with Chenal in coverage?

Yea, looking back, I'd still make the pick and use him as a primarily DPR with coverage abilities. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:27 PM)puddycat Wrote: I admit that I'm not impressed.  But Chenal's an elite pass rusher and an elite run stopper.  You can't have everything.

I feel like if the Bengals go for a LB early, it will be someone that has a connection with some of the players.
Damone Clark from LSU, Chad Muma from Wyoming, or perhaps D'Marco Jackson from App St (although I dunno if I'd go earlier than Rd 4 for him).
All 3 of these guys have some good athleticism, speed, coverage ability, but also some ability to rush the passer.

Muma - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21094
Clark - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21081
Jackson - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21085

Jackson is the fastest of the bunch, but still not overly light at 233 lbs.
Clark and Muma both at 239 lbs.

I think Clark and Muma go Day 2 for sure. Maybe both in Rd 2.
I see Jackson as early as late Rd 3 but maybe into Rd 4 or Rd 5.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Only did 5 rounds.

Wow, well done on your trades and still ending up with damn good players at areas of need. I thought Jake Ferguson was a 
mid round pick around the 4th or 5th but every time I take him it is a low grade no matter what I did. I think he is a perfect 
mid to late round selection to learn behind Hurst but these simulators don't know what we know evidently lol

I am not much of a trader when I do my Mocks, might need to change that up with these simulators. 

I think they are pretty bogus for the most part, I like how you took advantage of them WVU. Great job. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:55 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Curious, do you say you're not impressed with the mock (why/not?) or not impressed with Chenal in coverage?

Yea, looking back, I'd still make the pick and use him as a primarily DPR with coverage abilities. 

Chenal is extremely intriguing even if it doesn't seem to be a need. Love this off shoot look at the Draft man. Props once again. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, well done on your trades and still ending up with damn good players at areas of need. I thought Jake Ferguson was a 
mid round pick around the 4th or 5th but every time I take him it is a low grade no matter what I did. I think he is a perfect 
mid to late round selection to learn behind Hurst but these simulators don't know what we know evidently lol

I am not much of a trader when I do my Mocks, might need to change that up with these simulators. 

I think they are pretty bogus for the most part, I like how you took advantage of them WVU. Great job. Rock On

Yea, I just look at what they give as options and if I like the move down compared to potential picks I work it to them giving it a 40% chance of success and keep submitting until I either run out of trade ability or they accept. I'm sure it's completely realistic  Sarcasm

Honestly, I just love the mentality of CTB so I hope we work the board so he's picked up by us.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:53 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Yea, I just look at what they give as options and if I like the move down compared to potential picks I work it to them giving it a 40% chance of success and keep submitting until I either run out of trade ability or they accept. I'm sure it's completely realistic  Sarcasm

Honestly, I just love the mentality of CTB so I hope we work the board so he's picked up by us.

Taylor Britt looks to be a fit more than my guy Marcus Jones that I have in my Mock who is more of a Slot Corner.

Gonna have to do a 3rd Mock tonight hopefully. There are a few players flying up my board in Logan Hall, Zyon McCollum and 
Bellinger the TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Taylor Britt looks to be a fit more than my guy Marcus Jones that I have in my Mock who is more of a Slot Corner.

Gonna have to do a 3rd Mock tonight hopefully. There are a few players flying up my board in Logan Hall, Zyon McCollum and 
Bellinger the TE.

Ha, I'd honestly be curious about doing a collaborative mock one day for Bengals picks alone (like how Rapien and Liscow do one). That would sound fun.
Reply/Quote