Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Week 1 Grades - Ravens @ Bengals
(09-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can't just throw it above people the D lines reach all the time, that is not how trajectory works. They are called throwing lanes for a reason and that is because you have to be open though them especially when making short to intermediate throws. By your logic no drag route could ever be completed because you can't throw a drag with an upward angle impossible of being tipped. On the Suggs tip it is on the offensive line to cut a guy who constantly jumps making him less interested in leaving his feet. On the one to Green those guys get paid to make plays too and that guy made a hell of a play.

(09-11-2017, 05:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely, part of your job as an olineman is to keep your man's hands down and out of the passing lanes.  There's more to it than just occupying space.....

Maybe we are talking about the same ones then...

Like I said, I understand it is not all on him, but the LB making the play in the endzone, you have got to get that ball high enough that your receiver in the back of the endzone is the only guy who can make a play on the ball.

The banging it off helmets is on the O-line and the OC but also a little on Andy, when they are coming in at you, drop back or roll out...don't just throw it right at them.

Please don't take this as I'm saying Dalton is the problem with this team, that is not the case at all. The O-line is the biggest problem, but Andy's play yesterday on missing throws and bad choices just made an ugly display that much worse.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I hate our offensive line so much.  Mellow

But Mike Brown saved so much money.  Where are you priorities?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boling even played below average.

This happens more than some realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe we are talking about the same ones then...

Like I said, I understand it is not all on him, but the LB making the play in the endzone, you have got to get that ball high enough that your receiver in the back of the endzone is the only guy who can make a play on the ball.

The banging it off helmets is on the O-line and the OC but also a little on Andy, when they are coming in at you, drop back or roll out...don't just throw it right at them.

Please don't take this as I'm saying Dalton is the problem with this team, that is not the case at all. The O-line is the biggest problem, but Andy's play yesterday on missing throws and bad choices just made an ugly display that much worse.

Believe me Murdock....I know you're not saying that....I've read your stuff long enough to know better than that.

As to the bolded, you are 100% correct on that play, and Dalton even admitted as such during his presser.  A lot of the offense seems to be predicated on pre snap reads and quick hitter timing routes, so, sometimes, you're just throwing to a spot, and if a dlineman jumps up and occupies that airspace after you've released the ball, it's already too late to adjust.  I'm not saying that is the case on these plays, as I really don't know.....but it can explain it from time to time.  The pressure was getting there in a hurry, and pressure does not usually bode well for 14.  Why we trot out a shit show of an oline KNOWING this is beyond me.  It was in his scouting report FFS.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe we are talking about the same ones then...

Yea End Zone was all on Andy especially because Eiffert was open under neath. I was talking when he threw the first one that was more of a shallow post that the linebacker dropped back and tipped around mid field.
Reply/Quote
Our defense is fine. they scored 20 points but how many points did they actually give up? 13? giving up 13 points with a capable offense will win every game the Bengals play this year.

Except we are severely lacking on offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I hate our offensive line so much.  Mellow

I was mad when Whit left, I wanted him to retire a Bengal.  Now I'm glad he left because he deserves better.  Yes the Rams are better.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: The two tipped interceptions I really don't put on Dalton they were simply good plays by defenders.. The last interception and the one in the endzone were horrible decisions.

This, and the fumble. CO was beat almost instantly. Dalton never had a chance. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:11 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This, and the fumble. CO was beat almost instantly. Dalton never had a chance. 

A rusty turnstile would be a better LT than Ced...those can at least get stuck sometimes. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: The two tipped interceptions I really don't put on Dalton they were simply good plays by defenders.. The last interception and the one in the endzone were horrible decisions.

The first one I agree, although he should have led AJ more because it was going to be a little behind him and there was no one in the middle. 
The second one, I don't get how you can't blame Dalton for throwing the ball off Suggs face. Like literally, it hit Suggs straight in the face. That's a bad throw no matter how you try to slice it. 
Reply/Quote
I've never sat close enough at training camp to hear Paul Alexander coaching the OL. I'd be really interested in having that visibility because I get worried he's missing some things based on continued behaviors of Ogbuehi and Bodine. For Ogbuehi, he doesn't get his hands up on a defender until they touch him first. He also is really slow at moving his feet, which is surprising for someone who is so "athletic." Bodine always seems off-balance, constantly getting pushed on his butt.

Either Alexander isn't recognizing and coaching these behaviors out of these players or they simply continue to not grasp it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This happens more than some realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really.
Last year he basically was playing with one arm. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:51 AM)ah5 Wrote: I was mad when Whit left, I wanted him to retire a Bengal.  Now I'm glad he left because he deserves better.  Yes the Rams are better.

why I would be happy to see Aj and Geno leave.

An organization that is satisfied with Bodine as center and which allows your best lineman to walk who plays left tackle does not deserve players like AJ and Geno.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 10:53 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not really.
Last year he basically was playing with one arm. 

You're right about his arm last year, but can you provide some proof that Boling has consistently put up above average performances according to PFF rankings?
I am not trying to be snarky, but I don't pay for PFF to access the game-by-game performance of each player over the past few years, but from what I recall from just my memory of reading some PFF game recaps and Cincy Jungle reposts using PFF, Boling had multiple below average performances.

EDIT - Above Average according to PFF is a rating of 80.0 or higher
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: PFF is the worst with OL grading sometimes.

Was thinking same thing.

No wonder our OL graded so highly. 

Because did not see anything that warranted a positive grade from them at all. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 10:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote: The first one I agree, although he should have led AJ more because it was going to be a little behind him and there was no one in the middle. 
The second one, I don't get how you can't blame Dalton for throwing the ball off Suggs face. Like literally, it hit Suggs straight in the face. That's a bad throw no matter how you try to slice it. 

Suggs jumps into the lane and the ball actually hits suggs in the left arm towards his wrist with his arms extended straight up. The ball was throw probably 2 to 3 feet above Suggs head but with arms extended and a jump it was tipped. Again, not his fault guys get into the lane as the ball is being thrown all the time...this is one of those times.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Suggs jumps into the lane and the ball actually hits suggs in the left arm towards his wrist with his arms extended straight up. The ball was throw probably 2 to 3 feet above Suggs head but with arms extended and a jump it was tipped. Again, not his fault guys get into the lane as the ball is being thrown all the time...this is one of those times.

Did you watch the game on tv? They showed an angle where it clearly showed it hit Suggs in the face. A ball doesn't bouce that high in the air from hitting someone's wrist. Suggs jumped maybe a foot in the air and it hit him in the face. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:38 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Did you watch the game on tv? They showed an angle where it clearly showed it hit Suggs in the face. A ball doesn't bouce that high in the air from hitting someone's wrist. Suggs jumped maybe a foot in the air and it hit him in the face. 

I just watched it back. It may have hit the top of his helmet but his left wrist is hit in the angle I am looking at. Either way he left his feet and got into the lane, it wasn't thrown "at his face" when it was released.
Reply/Quote
Lost in the tip discussion...why did none of the offensive players start tackling defenders? Once that ball was tipped everyone should have been hanging on to a raven to ensure it wasn't caught.
Reply/Quote
Vigil looked lost out there.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote