Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Week 1, top 5 and bottom 5
(09-15-2022, 10:11 PM)TheFan Wrote: How does that have anything to do with it? They could have got the turnovers and sacks by playing the tendencies and knowing when we were going to run/pass. Based on the predictable formations we used each out of. 

Did you watch the game?? Burrow passed on underneath and forced at least 3 turnovers. Volson got blown up..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 10:11 PM)TheFan Wrote: How does that have anything to do with it? They could have got the turnovers and sacks by playing the tendencies and knowing when we were going to run/pass. Based on the predictable formations we used each out of. 

Plus the Offense could of rolled up a lot more yards and scored a lot more points if we were less predictable.

If we just change things up a bit on Offense we could be really good and could catch Defenses off guard much more often.

When Hurst is in the game you have to run it a bit and pass it a bit, same with Sample.

Just don't tip your hand to what you are doing. Also go play-action when Burrow is under Center more often.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 10:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Did you watch the game?? Burrow passed on underneath and forced at least 3 turnovers. Volson got blown up..

Did you watch the first 2 plays by the Offense? It looked like Heyward knew we were going to pass on the 1st play when he 
blew Volson up and it looked like Fitzpatrick knew we were going to pass on the 2nd play when Burrow threw over the middle 
20 yards leading to a pick 6. Might be because of the way we were lined up and they saw it on film before with our predictable
nature on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 02:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't really understand what you guys are complaining about.

Defenders will cover Sample and Hurst exactly same no matter how often either of them runs a route or stays in to block.  Just because we use sample to block a lot does not mean the defense will no longer treat him like an eligible receiver.

If they do, then Joe will see it and Sample will step out for easy catch.
These guys know what they are doing. 

They might line up and block or run routes alot, but it's also based on what the Defense is showing.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have the full snap counts? What I thought was interesting- that I haven't seen discussed- was that Adeniji may have displaced Carman as the lineman on heavy sets. I remember at least one play, I could have sworn it was Adeniji, but the only data I have suggests that neither one saw the field (?). Either way, Carman was featured in that role last year. If he's lost his hold on that too, I can't help but wonder how they feel about him and whether he'll be the odd man out once Prince comes back.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 06:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they do, then Joe will see it and Sample will step out for easy catch.
These guys know what they are doing. 

They might line up and block or run routes alot, but it's also based on what the Defense is showing.

It is also based on the player's skillset. Hurst is a pass catching TE and Sample is a run blocking TE.

Completely different players and the Defense knows this even if Fred doesn't...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus the Offense could of rolled up a lot more yards and scored a lot more points if we were less predictable.

If we just change things up a bit on Offense we could be really good and could catch Defenses off guard much more often.

When Hurst is in the game you have to run it a bit and pass it a bit, same with Sample.

Just don't tip your hand to what you are doing. Also go play-action when Burrow is under Center more often.

This is a prove it game for me a bit when it comes to this.  Dallas's top PFF rated players against Tampa were all the defensive linemen.  You know their secondary is their weakness, despite Diggs' ballhawking abilities.  He is very susceptible to double moves.  Watch Bama vs. LSU to see how he fared against Chase last time. 

They simply have to have a way to slow down their pass rush.  Screens that don't get picked or batted down.  Maybe try Evans, who has the speed to get to the edge.  Use the TEs down the seam (and not just Hurst).  If they are all bunched in the middle and that is their strength, spread them out and attack.  The ball just HAS to come out earlier and if it isn't downfield take the damn checkdown.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 08:11 PM)tms Wrote: Does anyone have the full snap counts? What I thought was interesting- that I haven't seen discussed- was that Adeniji may have displaced Carman as the lineman on heavy sets. I remember at least one play, I could have sworn it was Adeniji, but the only data I have suggests that neither one saw the field (?). Either way, Carman was featured in that role last year. If he's lost his hold on that too, I can't help but wonder how they feel about him and whether he'll be the odd man out once Prince comes back.

Hakeem Adeniji played one snap, yes. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2022-snap-counts.htm
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 09:48 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hakeem Adeniji played one snap, yes. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2022-snap-counts.htm

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see whether that signifies anything or was just an anomaly. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Need a coach that can call a Offensive Game plan...  or make one for that matter...  Sling the ball all day isnt much of a plan

Especially when the QB doesn't have much time!

Runs, dink and dunks, intermediate stuff.. Long ball should be the exception not the norm.
Hit Boyd/Chase/Higgins 4 yards down field and watch the show!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a prove it game for me a bit when it comes to this.  Dallas's top PFF rated players against Tampa were all the defensive linemen.  You know their secondary is their weakness, despite Diggs' ballhawking abilities.  He is very susceptible to double moves.  Watch Bama vs. LSU to see how he fared against Chase last time. 

They simply have to have a way to slow down their pass rush.  Screens that don't get picked or batted down.  Maybe try Evans, who has the speed to get to the edge.  Use the TEs down the seam (and not just Hurst).  If they are all bunched in the middle and that is their strength, spread them out and attack.  The ball just HAS to come out earlier and if it isn't downfield take the damn checkdown.  

Exactly. All of this, see what that Defense is good at and what they are not good at and take advantage. Honestly this 
should of been the plan versus the stealers last Sunday. Similar Defenses in that their best players are their D-lineman.

Try to establish a run game against their pass rushers and wear them out, then use seam routes, out routes, checkdowns,
slant routes, underneath. Then when they least suspect it when Diggs is on Chase do a Sluggo, boom!

(09-17-2022, 12:04 PM)M.W. Wrote: Especially when the QB doesn't have much time!

Runs, dink and dunks, intermediate stuff.. Long ball should be the exception not the norm.

Yep, Chase doesn't just beat you deep, he can take a 4 yard slant route to the house at any time cause he is so 
slippery and hard to tackle and has that speed to just take off.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 12:04 PM)M.W. Wrote: Especially when the QB doesn't have much time!

Another Game Another bad offensive gameplan/showing
Reply/Quote