Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Week 2- Top 5 and Bottom 5
Top 5 on offense:

Tee Higgins- 69.5 Thought Tee looked really good
Joe Burrow- 69.4 At least no INTs.
Ted Karras- 68.4 Above average
Alex Kappa- 67.8 Above average
Cordell Volson- 66.8 If you are looking for something positive, this guy is it. While run blocking was just a 55.4, Volson had an elite 87.6 pass blocking rating on 46 pass blocking snaps. We have all questioned the run game schematic, but this is very encouraging.

Bottom 5 on offense:

Hayden Hurst- 56.9 Overall grade pulled down by a pathetic 19.5 on pass blocking. He only had 3 pass blocking snaps, so take that with a grain of salt. Hey, opposing defenses, Hurst will hardly ever be a blocker if in the game. Just FYI.
Samaje Perine- 56.6 Meh
Drew Sample- 54.8 Double Meh
D'Ante Smith- 48.2 Only 6 snaps at LT. Was Williams injured or something? Willing to give Smith a bit of a pass, going back and forth from guard to tackle and has just come back from injury, but he sure didn't help when he came in the game.
Jonah Williams- 45.2 First round pick and 11th overall. Puke.

Top 5 on defense:

DJ Reader- 88.1 Absolute beast and the best player on our defense as of right now.
Sam Hubbard- 75.1 Might be the most improved player on defense so far
Joseph Ossai- 72.1 Only played 8 snaps
Von Bell- 71.6 Steady Eddie
Mike Hilton- 71.5 Nearly wrecked the Cowboys himself with two near INTs. So close...

Bottom 5 on defense:

Eli Apple 36.3 Everyone's favorite whipping boy returned and got torched by nobodys.
Zach Carter- 34.9 Only 12 snaps, but I guess it shows the preseason doesn't mean anything and Martin is a stud.
Trae Flowers- 34.7 Only 10 snaps and a costly penalty
BJ Hill- 33.2 Was it Zack Martin shutting him down? Geez.
ADG- 32.3 Only 9 snaps, but turd soup

Others:

Trey Hendrickson- 55.6 Not sure who he was going against but was pretty much a non-factor. Shows that when the pass rush doesn't get home, the secondary is in trouble.
Jesse Bates- 48.2 How is that deal looking now, Jessie's agent?
Chris Evans- 56.4...on his ONE snap. WTF.
Ja'Marr Chase- 65.2 Had a couple drops.
La'El Collins- 64.8 with an astounding 95.1 run blocking grade on 23 snaps. Here's a thought: Chris Evans can get outside. La'El Collins can block outside. Hmmmm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Smith was called in as an extra blocker after Sample went down.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We need more Pass rush 2 sacks in 2 games isn't going to do it. The defense has played well but something is missing so far.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Smith was called in as an extra blocker after Sample went down.

Thanks, Wyche.  I hadn't re-watched yet.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:04 AM)J24 Wrote: We need more Pass rush 2 sacks in 2 games isn't going to do it. The defense has played well but something is missing so far.

And one of the sacks was just Trubisky running out of bounds behind the LoS. 1 legit sack in 2 games is terrible. Especially against 2 bad OL’s.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind kicking Hubbard inside some and getting Ossai a lot more snaps.

Reply/Quote
I think we miss Ogunjobi more than many of us thought we would. DJ and Vonn are getting it done, but they'd all better shape up before we face an actual good offense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on offense:

Tee Higgins- 69.5  Thought Tee looked really good
Joe Burrow- 69.4  At least no INTs.  
Ted Karras- 68.4  Above average
Alex Kappa- 67.8  Above average  
Cordell Volson- 66.8  If you are looking for something positive, this guy is it.  While run blocking was just a 55.4, Volson had an elite 87.6 pass blocking rating on 46 pass blocking snaps.  We have all questioned the run game schematic, but this is very encouraging.  

Bottom 5 on offense:

Hayden Hurst- 56.9 Overall grade pulled down by a pathetic 19.5 on pass blocking.  He only had 3 pass blocking snaps, so take that with a grain of salt.  Hey, opposing defenses, Hurst will hardly ever be a blocker if in the game.  Just FYI.  
Samaje Perine- 56.6  Meh
Drew Sample- 54.8  Double Meh
D'Ante Smith- 48.2  Only 6 snaps at LT.  Was Williams injured or something?  Willing to give Smith a bit of a pass, going back and forth from guard to tackle and has just come back from injury, but he sure didn't help when he came in the game.  
Jonah Williams- 45.2  First round pick and 11th overall.  Puke.  

Top 5 on defense:

DJ Reader- 88.1  Absolute beast and the best player on our defense as of right now.
Sam Hubbard- 75.1  Might be the most improved player on defense so far
Joseph Ossai- 72.1  Only played 8 snaps
Von Bell- 71.6 Steady Eddie
Mike Hilton- 71.5  Nearly wrecked the Cowboys himself with two near INTs.  So close...

Bottom 5 on defense:

Eli Apple  36.3  Everyone's favorite whipping boy returned and got torched by nobodys.  
Zach Carter- 34.9 Only 12 snaps, but I guess it shows the preseason doesn't mean anything and Martin is a stud.  
Trae Flowers- 34.7  Only 10 snaps and a costly penalty
BJ Hill- 33.2  Was it Zack Martin shutting him down?  Geez.  
ADG- 32.3  Only 9 snaps, but turd soup

Others:

Trey Hendrickson-  55.6  Not sure who he was going against but was pretty much a non-factor.  Shows that when the pass rush doesn't get home, the secondary is in trouble.  
Jesse Bates-  48.2  How is that deal looking now, Jessie's agent?  
Chris Evans- 56.4...on his ONE snap.  WTF.  
Ja'Marr Chase-  65.2  Had a couple drops.
La'El Collins-  64.8 with an astounding 95.1 run blocking grade on 23 snaps.  Here's a thought:  Chris Evans can get outside.  La'El Collins can block outside.  Hmmmm.

How many passing blocking attempts die Perine have? No surprise by Hurst not known to block well, missing CJ blocking and leadership 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:37 PM)jason Wrote: I think we miss Ogunjobi more than many of us thought we would. DJ and Vonn are getting it done, but they'd all better shape up before we face an actual good offense.

Guys like Carter and Sample need to step up ASAP!
J24

Reply/Quote
With grades like that, how likely is CTB seeing the field? Seems like the coaches really like him and while we're at it,, can we just bench Bates already and give Hill the assignment? I can live with mistakes by a rookie, not so much by loud mouthed or elite players who want top dollar.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Guys like Carter and Sample need to step up ASAP!

They need to be given the chance first.

Ossai has only played 17 snaps through 2 games.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:48 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: With grades like that, how likely is CTB seeing the field? Seems like the coaches really like him and while we're at it,, can we just bench Bates already and give Hill the assignment? I can live with mistakes by a rookie, not so much by loud mouthed or elite players who want top dollar.

He can’t play until at least after week 4 because he was on IR.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He can’t play until at least after week 4 because he was on IR.

Yea, I meant that as much upon his return. Misclarified my statement. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And one of the sacks was just Trubisky running out of bounds behind the LoS. 1 legit sack in 2 games is terrible. Especially against 2 bad OL’s.

This is one thing that with all the other problems has kinda flew under the radar. Our pash rush has been right next to nonexistent.

Come on Ossai
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They need to be given the chance first.

Ossai has only played 17 snaps through 2 games.

Ossai actually got a key pressure against the Cowboys.  I don't really understand why they are playing him at DT though?

Your right Sample and Carter need snaps more than anything else. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:37 PM)jason Wrote: I think we miss Ogunjobi more than many of us thought we would. DJ and Vonn are getting it done, but they'd all better shape up before we face an actual good offense.

I was all for bringing Larry back. I agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote