Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF analyst: Bengals should have interest in trade for Roby
Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus believes Cincinnati should be interested in acquiring Houston cornerback Bradley Roby: 

"Roby was the only cornerback in Houston who could cover anybody all season long, which could potentially work against this trade happening, but the relationship between the Texans and Roby got off to quite the tumultuous start in 2020," Spielberger writes. "Roby did not travel with the team to Jacksonville in Week 9, with the Texans citing “disciplinary reasons” following a reported disagreement between Roby and the coaching staff. His season then came to a halt with a six-game suspension for PEDs, which extends to Week 1 of 2021. Houston may be undergoing a wide-scale rebuild of epic proportions if it does end up moving Deshaun Watson, so at that point, there’s little reason to keep Roby.

"The Bengals have the resources to pull this off, but they aren’t generally one of the more aggressive teams with trades or free agency. However, this could be a great opportunity for a discounted trade given Roby’s situation in Houston, and perhaps a fifth-round pick wouldn’t be necessary to get this deal done, with Houston taking a sixth-rounder just to get anything back."
Reply/Quote
Kind of OT, but I saw where PFF had William Jackson ranked as the number one CB available in free agency.

I don't put much faith in PFF individual player rankings, but after the contract we gave Waynes last year I am beginning to doubt that we will be able to re-sign Jackson.

Everyone is talking about O-line and D-line (and rightfully so), but with Jackson and Alexander both free agents CB is a huge need.
Reply/Quote
With the Salary Cap falling I predict the Cornerback group to take the biggest hit. I can see alot of teams moving on from their corners to get under the cap. AJ Bouye was already cut after having a injury riddled season and suspension that will last through week 2.

Edit: Zach Ertz for a 6th round pick would be jnteresting....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus believes Cincinnati should be interested in acquiring Houston cornerback Bradley Roby: 

"Roby was the only cornerback in Houston who could cover anybody all season long, which could potentially work against this trade happening, but the relationship between the Texans and Roby got off to quite the tumultuous start in 2020," Spielberger writes. "Roby did not travel with the team to Jacksonville in Week 9, with the Texans citing “disciplinary reasons” following a reported disagreement between Roby and the coaching staff. His season then came to a halt with a six-game suspension for PEDs, which extends to Week 1 of 2021. Houston may be undergoing a wide-scale rebuild of epic proportions if it does end up moving Deshaun Watson, so at that point, there’s little reason to keep Roby.

"The Bengals have the resources to pull this off, but they aren’t generally one of the more aggressive teams with trades or free agency. However, this could be a great opportunity for a discounted trade given Roby’s situation in Houston, and perhaps a fifth-round pick wouldn’t be necessary to get this deal done, with Houston taking a sixth-rounder just to get anything back."

If we still believe that ZT is signing and drafting character type guys, I don;t think Roby will be on their wish list with the issues mentioned. I believe they will sign either Jackson or Alexander and draft a CB and focus on Oline, TE/WR in FA
Reply/Quote
Losing Jackson will be a huge loss and they will definitely need to sign + draft someone early to fill in for him.
My prediction Kevin King( won't be that much) in free agency + Jaycee Horn in the draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus believes Cincinnati should be interested in acquiring Houston cornerback Bradley Roby: 

Disciplinary problems and PED suspensions doesn't sound like somebody they should be looking at. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:37 PM)Synric Wrote: With the Salary Cap falling I predict the Cornerback group to take the biggest hit. I can see alot of teams moving on from their corners to get under the cap. AJ Bouye was already cut after having a injury riddled season and suspension that will last through week 2.

Edit: Zach Ertz for a 6th round pick would be jnteresting....

I hear Eagles are likely to cut or trade Ertz in the coming days.
I see he has a $12.47 mill cap hit with $7.7 dead cap if moved.
I believe if he's traded, the team taking him would only have a cap hit of $4.77 mill ($12.47 - $7.7), right?
If so, I'm on board with this trade. Bengals could cut Uzomah and have more than enough freed cap to cover Ertz.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hear Eagles are likely to cut or trade Ertz in the coming days.
I believe if he's traded, the team taking him would only have a cap hit of $4.77 mill ($12.47 - $7.7), right?
If so, I'm on board with this trade. Bengals could cut Uzomah and have more than enough freed cap to cover Ertz.

or draft Pitts and we are set for 10 yrs at TE along with QB....
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hear Eagles are likely to cut or trade Ertz in the coming days.

Pretty sure you've got the numbers backwards. Zach is due a salary of $8 Mil and a restructure payout of $4 Mil, If he is traded the salary goes with him, but the restructure stays with Philly 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I like it, but I cut Geno and Gio first. Then, we gain in cap space a lot to get ready to sign Thuney too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 12:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: or draft Pitts and we are set for 10 yrs at TE along with QB....

This is my ideal scenario. Pitts is my favorite prospect in the draft, perhaps even more than Sewell.
I think Pitts can become a Top 5 TE in the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like it, but I cut Geno and Gio first. Then, we gain in cap space a lot to get ready to sign Thuney too.

In basically all my mocks, I have Hart, Uzomah, Atkins, and Bernard all being on the chopping block. None of those guys at this point are good enough to justify keeping over the cap space they can free up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The character concerns make me think this won't happen. Good player though, if we lose WJ3 we will need somebody.

Also for the Ertz trade and still drafting Pitts if Sewell is gone at 5.
Reply/Quote