Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PFF believes the Bengals' roster has gotten worse.
(06-21-2015, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree with these rankings at all. I feel some of our fans think we had in the past and have now top 5 talent, I have never believed we did.

This.  Bengals have a good roster.  I'd say top 10 in overall talent.  But only the top 8 advance past the first round of playoffs.  Except for 2013 I think the Bengals produced at their talent level.  Good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win.
Reply/Quote
I think roster is solid and that all rookies drafted might make the team.

If Geno is back and Andy makes the next step we could win the Super Bowl with this squad.

No doubt in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:56 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you ever read the mothership threads that discussed the Steelers?

LeBeau was considered far past his sell-by date according to much of Jungle Noise. He got hammered for using out of date schemes with old, wrinkled players that should have retired 5 years ago.

Now, Pittsburgh sucks because they started finding young, upcoming replacements for these same guys that got thrashed for being too old and abused.

JN logic 101. I'm not saying that you did this yourself, but there are/were plenty of Bengals' fans that just refuse to give our division rivals credit no matter what they do.

Steelers are better because their HOF player (Troy is a HOFer) and defensive coach is gone?  
Reply/Quote
Wow, I don't even have to read any further to discredit this source...

not just because it is Coley Harvey, but because PFF doesn't know what it is talking about here.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:53 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah I think we'll miss him.  The guy could block and was a tremendous athlete.  Obviously the coaching staff thought his personality quirks combined with his mental lapses were not worth keeping him, but he could make circus catches and would routinely drag 3-4 guys an extra five yards (unfortunately he would often fumble doing this).   I watched his downfield blocking on some of Hills runs and he was a stud.

Not having his head in the game was probably their biggest fault with him.  I think it affected his attitude, and that's where they drew the line.  Good call if that was the case, even withstanding all that Gresh did bring.  

Not going to bash him.
Reply/Quote