Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grade Jaguar edition
DJ Reader had himself a game...

nice to see some good scores from the OL

Kudos to those no name TEs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nice to see, I thought Cappa had a good game, same with Karras. Reader about had 1 sack in the Red Zone, Mike had a
good game, made some nice Tackles for Loss. Always like Mike Hilton, he will have some bad games but man, is he a fighter
for a little guy in the Secondary.
Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson continues to impress me as a random off-the-street pickup.

141 offensive snaps across 7 games
targeted 31 times, has 26 receptions for 228 yards
Continues to show he could be a 500+ yard guy if he had gotten this much opportunity the whole season.

By comparison, Irv Smith (the initial TE1):
305 offensive snaps across 10 games (more than double Hudson)
targeted 23 times, has 16 rec for only 97 yards

Hudson has actually more yards than Smith, Sample, and Wilcox combined (220 yards)

I'm fanboy'ing pretty hard, but I really want the Bengals to re-sign Hudson in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For the first time in his career, I was impressed with Volson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tanner Hudson continues to impress me as a random off-the-street pickup.

Continues to show he could be a 500+ yard guy if he had gotten this much opportunity the whole season.

Hudson has actually more yards than Smith, Sample, and Wilcox combined (220 yards)

I'm fanboy'ing pretty hard, but I really want the Bengals to re-sign Hudson in the offseason.

He still is a poor run blocker, but yeah, as a pass catching TE Hudson is pretty damn good, especially against Zone.

I bet we bring him back, Burrow likes him.

(12-05-2023, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For the first time in his career, I was impressed with Volson

That is saying somethin' lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He still is a poor run blocker, but yeah, as a pass catching TE Hudson is pretty damn good, especially against Zone.

I bet we bring him back, Burrow likes him.

That is saying somethin' lol

PFF has Hudson rated as a 81.5 run blocker, FWIW.
Only 15 run block snaps though.

By comparison, Sample has a 69.9 run block grade but 121 run block snaps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF has Hudson rated as a 81.5 run blocker, FWIW.
Only 15 run block snaps though.

By comparison, Sample has a 69.9 run block grade but 121 run block snaps.

Thanks for the numbers, they surprise me. Saw Hudson and Boyd struggle at times last night blocking.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the numbers, they surprise me. Saw Hudson and Boyd struggle at times last night blocking.

Hudson's run block grades by game (helps back what you saw, I think):
Week 3 - 82.4 (4 snaps)
Week 4 - 59.3 (3 snaps)
Week 9 - 55.1 (3 snaps)
Week 11 - 79.3 (3 snaps)
Week 13 - 59.2 (2 snaps)

It looks like PFF thinks Hudson only blocked well in two games.
How he's able to have a 81.5 run block grade on the season with 3 games being below 60 though and only 5 games total where he's run blocked at all, I am not sure.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Boyd is one of my favorite all time Bengals if this is his final season with us its been a pretty disappointing finish
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hudson's run block grades by game (helps back what you saw, I think):
Week 3 - 82.4 (4 snaps)
Week 4 - 59.3 (3 snaps)
Week 9 - 55.1 (3 snaps)
Week 11 - 79.3 (3 snaps)
Week 13 - 59.2 (2 snaps)

It looks like PFF thinks Hudson only blocked well in two games.
How he's able to have a 81.5 run block grade on the season with 3 games being below 60 though and only 5 games total where he's run blocked at all, I am not sure.

Yeah, that is a bit perplexing to be sure. Thanks for the numbers Ochocincos. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Lou needs to unleash Joseph Ossai
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tanner Hudson continues to impress me as a random off-the-street pickup.

Yep

At a minimum he's a TE2
Reply/Quote
They need to keep Hudson because yes at minimum he is an effective TE2. He shows potential of being a solid starter as well. Volson has looked better and part of it is them running more and running left helps him because instead of being asked to pull he gets to fire off into the defense and block downhill. In fact the whole line looks better when they get to assert themselves running power early on and get into a groove. It has the additional benefit of making the defense a bit less aggressive (especially when the runs are effective).
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Boyd is one of my favorite all time Bengals if this is his final season with us its been a pretty disappointing finish

I'm right there with you. When we drafted Boyd and I looked up his highlights I was not impressed as he never appeared to get much separation at Pitt. His 1st couple seasons he didn't do too much and I felt like I was right. Then came the finally against the Ravens and he took off from there. Really won me over and he became one of my favorites. I really hate that he's had some miscues in what most likely is his final season here. Only thing to do is win the Super Bowl and have him finish strong.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:49 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Lou needs to unleash Joseph Ossai

I saw his high grade. With so few snaps I honestly didn't even notice him in the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw his high grade. With so few snaps I honestly didn't even notice him in the game.

Have to admit I didn't notice Ossai in this game either. Will have to watch the game again, nice chore lol
Reply/Quote
I think Chase Brown earned himself some more PT last night
Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson is going to be TE1 for us entering next season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Good to see these high scores from PFF.It appears this team is rallying behind Jake Browning big time.Now,let’s make a run to the Super Bowl.Sound crazy? Well,maybe 2 weeks ago it may have sounded crazy.

I’m not so sure why everyone should be so surprised about our new Quarterback.Google his high school and college careers.
Reply/Quote