Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades
(11-02-2020, 11:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: Because the pass blocking wasn't good. I said it in another thread, I need to watch it back but Burrow had to make guys miss far more than just the one play people keep fawning over. The idea this back up line was amazing is premature, especially with as bad as the Titans pass rush actually is. 

I know, and I don't really agree with any of those statements. Titans pass rush is awful, and Burrow will take plenty of shots in a couple of weeks. 

As far as what I've seen (don't have PFF, saw Twitters users post them):

Price: 18.9 Pass
Adeniji overall: 50.8
Spain overall: 51.5
O-line Pass: 43.1
O-line Run: 80.2
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I don’t think he’s better than Hopkins either, but that’s at least a much less egregious statement.

Price was solid. But let’s not get carried away. I think the scarlet tinted glasses might be coming into play here a bit for some people...

Agree except the scarlet tinted glass cant be said for me. Hate OSU. I am a ND season ticket holder. Go Irish!!! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:58 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agree except the scarlet tinted glass cant be said for me. Hate OSU. I am a ND season ticket holder. Go Irish!!! 

Haha fair enough.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is how it always is.
People are quick to dismiss PFF as garbage, but PFF analyzes every player on every play MUCH closer than the fans do during a game. Watching the All-22, focusing on a specific individual, and rewatching the same play over and over like they do will uncover things that simply are not observed during live TV broadcasts.

Yeah. They aren’t gospel by any means but they give you a quick, easily digestible conversation point around a player and his performance. You are generally going to know if a player is doing good or bad based on what they put out.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:58 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agree except the scarlet tinted glass cant be said for me. Hate OSU. I am a ND season ticket holder. Go Irish!!! 

Hope you guys smack around Clemson. Can't wait for that game!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)thillan Wrote: I know, and I don't really agree with any of those statements. Titans pass rush is awful, and Burrow will take plenty of shots in a couple of weeks. 

As far as what I've seen (don't have PFF, saw Twitters users post them):

Price: 18.9 Pass
Adeniji overall: 50.8
Spain overall: 51.5
O-line Pass: 43.1
O-line Run: 80.2

18.9? Isn’t that essentially letting your guy run past every single play? Lol. It’s suspect... he wasn’t THAT horrendous.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:39 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry 15 years. Does that make you feel better. It was the best play at center since Braham. Jesus I thought you could see my point. Must have googled Brahams last year played to see if it fit in that 20 year window.

1. No it wasn't.
2. Why the hostility?
3. Any die-hard Bengal fan knows that Braham's last game was week 2 of 2006 and we don't need to look it up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 18.9? Isn’t that essentially letting your guy run past every single play? Lol. It’s suspect... he wasn’t THAT horrendous.

My guess it’s it’s the couple of bad snaps on pass plays and that early Clowney untouched up the middle was attributed to Price. Even though I think that one was on Calhoun, who was the only guy not blocking anybody on that play.

For Adeniji and Spain, I’ll take 50 for a rookie in his first start and a guy that had one walk through with the offense.

Also shows why the argument that we should just roll with the line from yesterday, for the rest of the season, isn’t a good idea. It needs to be the best 5 and some those played yesterday, some of those were hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. No it wasn't.
2. Why the hostility?
3. Any die-hard Bengal fan knows that Braham's last game was week 2 of 2006 and we don't need to look it up.

I was unfortunately at that game (I don’t go to many). Same game Pollack broke his neck. Terrible day, despite the win.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Auden Tate grade...

[Image: tenor.gif]

That gif will never not make me laugh. LOL

What? You don't not hate double negative statements? Ninja 

Reminds me of that one Impractical Jokers bit: "Don't stop letting people not help!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The line wasn't great in pass protection, but was certainly better than what we feared it would be. I would venture to say that there were very few total collapses. If one guy had a bad rep the others mostly held up.
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that a bunch of fans that passively watch the Bengals games think they know it better than the guys at PFF that dedicate their lives to this stuff.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find it funny that a bunch of fans that passively watch the Bengals games think they know it better than the guys at PFF that dedicate their lives to this stuff.

My only problem with PFF, and they’ll same the same thing, is they don’t know exactly what the players are being coached to do. They have to make educated guesses, but the proof is in the pudding, by the end of the year they generally have the best players rated the highest. Which is why they break the numbers into tiers. The number might not be exactly right to the decimal point, but the tiers are generally accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was unfortunately at that game (I don’t go to many). Same game Pollack broke his neck. Terrible day, despite the win.

I was at that game as well.
Reply/Quote
[Image: qfl3kwwnvuw51.png]

Reply/Quote
Tate had an great game.. was a major key to the win for sure
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
Vonn Bells play was impressive. He has been struggling this year so it was nice to see him come finally alive and make a difference out there. The Titans are a really good team minus having no pass rush all year, this is by far ZTs biggest win.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was unfortunately at that game (I don’t go to many). Same game Pollack broke his neck. Terrible day, despite the win.

I think Larry Moore was our back up center, and he went down either that game or the next game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:39 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry 15 years. Does that make you feel better. It was the best play at center since Braham. Jesus I thought you could see my point. Must have googled Brahams last year played to see if it fit in that 20 year window.

Most older fans don't need to google Rich Braham's name to know he played within the last 20 years.

Either you're too young to remember, or you're a more recent fan (take your pick).  Regardless, there's no need to insult those of us that are old enough, and long tenured fans to actually remember 2005.

PS Your point still stinks whether you change the year from 20 to 15 to 10.  Billy Price played ok yesteray.  We've had other centers play better than ok at times.  There is no way Billy Price put up the best performance from a center in years.  That take comes from (super) recency bias, or ignorance.
Reply/Quote