Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades vs KC
(01-04-2022, 01:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He should be higher

I agree, but let’s not act like PFF is down on him. They love them some Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

bUt We NeEd To MoVe On FrOm JoNaH!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: bUt We NeEd To MoVe On FrOm JoNaH!

Who the hell said this he's a stud?  This feels like one of those not a real complaint things...

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:07 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Who the hell said this he's a stud?  This feels like one of those not a real complaint things...

Read around, you'll see. Nicomo will tell you as well. Some people can't seem to fathom that a guy can be good on a bad unit, and that he's young and still developing. I've seen the words "underwhelming", "move to RT if we keep him", among others. This is far from "not a real complaint". In fact, I just read something similar in the "Can we make a run with this oline" thread I believe it was.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:07 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Who the hell said this he's a stud?  This feels like one of those not a real complaint things...

There’s been some McKayla Maroney “not impressed” type takes on Jonah here lately. And I’ve seen quite a few people suggesting we should look for someone better, and move him to right side.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s been some McKayla Maroney “not impressed” type takes on Jonah here lately. And I’ve seen quite a few people suggesting we should look for someone better, and move him to right side.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Read around, you'll see. Nicomo will tell you as well. Some people can't seem to fathom that a guy can be good on a bad unit, and that he's young and still developing. I've seen the words "underwhelming", "move to RT if we keep him", among others. This is far from "not a real complaint". In fact, I just read something similar in the "Can we make a run with this oline" thread I believe it was.

Well I hate to say it but the people saying that don't know crap about oline play.  He has graded out on PFF as a 78 and he is 24 years old. Even more impressive when you consider the freakish DEs he has had to block this year.  Assuming some improvement over next few years he will be a top 10 LT.   

My only concern with Jonah is the fact we gotta pay his next contract along with our other studs on rookie deals.

Cigar
Reply/Quote

This is an example....but not to the extent I've seen. Some people think we should move on altogether. Admittedly, it's worse on some social media than here, but there's a few of these takes in these parts too.

"While Jonah hasn't really impressed me, I'm all for sticking with him and Spain so we have more resources to throw at the remainder of the line." 

The post leading up to that was basically saying we need to decide if we need to cut bait on him or keep him around. While it's not exaggerated hate like what I was poking fun at, it shows that some aren't very sold on him. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:23 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Well I hate to say it but the people saying that don't know crap about oline play.  He has graded out on PFF as a 78 and he is 24 years old. Even more impressive when you consider the freakish DEs he has had to block this year.  Assuming some improvement over next few years he will be a top 10 LT.   

My only concern with Jonah is the fact we gotta pay his next contract along with our other studs on rookie deals.

Yes, my thoughts too. I was thrilled with the pick, and I'm satisfied with the development thus far. People acting like a LT is gonna be premier in year 2 (remember, missed 1st season), are expecting the near impossible. 

Hell, I'm fine if he tops out at good vs elite. It's damn sure an improvement over sending Andy out there with Cedric Ole' "protecting" his blind side...lol 

I don't pretend to know what it takes to play line at this level, nor know the intricacies of how things are 30 years removed from playing guard in high school. However, anyone saying he hasn't played well isn't being objective in my humble opinion.

Reply/Quote