Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 16
(12-29-2021, 04:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I only trust pff with qb, rb, wr, and te

I think that is fair.  With defense and the OL, it is harder to determine whi has what responsibility from the outside.   

But generally, I think they get it right. I mean, Burrow, Higgins, Reader, Mixon, Chase, Awuzie, Hendrickson, Bell, Jonah, & Spain as our best guys sure confirms the eye test. Mine at least. 

Hopkins & Apple much improved after rough starts.  

Surprised Wilson & Ogunjobi are so low.  Thought Hendrickson would be higher, too.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:17 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think that is fair.  With defense and the OL, it is harder to determine whi has what responsibility from the outside.   

But generally, I think they get it right. I mean, Burrow, Higgins, Reader, Mixon, Chase, Awuzie, Hendrickson, Bell, Jonah, & Spain as our best guys sure confirms the eye test. Mine at least. 

Hopkins & Apple much improved after rough starts.  

Surprised Wilson & Ogunjobi are so low.  Thought Hendrickson would be higher, too.

Hendrickson isn’t very good against the run. The only reason he doesn’t grade out higher.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Full grades

[Image: abz0rfet3o881.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...d64aa4f1ea]

[Image: y4rl4bet3o881.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...b17cc2f3b7]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, Hopkins is playing much better right now. I don't care who you were, I care who you are.

Wisdom ^
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: what the YTD don't reflect is that so many of them have improved as the year has progressed

Correct, and the only way you'd get to see that reflected on PFF is to either:
1) Take a snapshot/log every week and record the change
2) Pay for PFF's top tier access to see their week-by-week ratings
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And imagine if we had Ossai. Maybe half a dozen more?

I would say more than half a dozen the way Ossai rushes the passer. Dude can take over games.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would say more than half a dozen the way Ossai rushes the passer. Dude can take over games.

I was being a tad conservative as you just never know how preseason translates to real games (see Hodge), but something similar to what Lawson had as a rookie (8.5) probably wouldn’t have been too unrealistic.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was being a tad conservative as you just never know how preseason translates to real games (see Hodge), but something similar to what Lawson had as a rookie (8.5) probably wouldn’t have been too unrealistic.

Yeah and I agree. Still cannot believe Ossai is a Bengal. Thought he would of went around where we took Carman.
Reply/Quote