Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF grades week 17
(01-09-2023, 10:00 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: These grades are from a different game. 

Season totals dude
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I thought Scharping looked good,and I believe Adeniji is better than he was last year,so hopefully will be OK going forward with the backups.It’s pretty amazing how this defense steps up when the team needs a big play.They stand the guy up while tackling,as the others strip the ball out.

This time I believe it was Jesse Bates.Before that,Pratt against NE,also against the Chiefs.The improvement on the depth of this defense,(Carter,Ossai,Sample),is really going to help in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Do we have an expected return date for Chido?  We have no idea how long he will take to return to form.  Also next season is his contract year.  
I can see a high draft pick at CB... 

I see Brian Branch if he lasts that long. Another versatile DB that can play all over and let you play a chess match with Dax, Branch, CTB (as all have S versatility and one of the CB spots [Slot, slot/outside, outside respectively]).

I originally was think lines but with our DL starting to shape up, I'm confident we are good as stands. Could use another interior rusher maybe (Kancey). Everything will depend on Bell and Pratt for D.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but cornerback is a position where the 3rd and 4th string are seeing a good amount of snaps

Its also a position you prefer a youth movement as soon as you're capable of since athleticism can leave players who can reply on it. Not claiming thats Chido/Apple/Hilton game but something of thought. 

If you have two players playing at close the same level but one is significantly younger, you go with the youth and expand on the talent.
Reply/Quote
What was adeniji’s grade?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not surprised, officials overlook him on every play as well unless he hits the QB....

Nicely done.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Hendrickson wasn't even mentioned among the top in the first post in this thread, which cited a twitter post from PFF Cin Bengals. That list starts with Bates. But the numbers are the same, so I guess it was an oversight on their part.

They probably didn’t list him due to limited snap count. I was surprised to see he only played 18 total.

Reply/Quote
We will take a 65 out of Sharping all day. Hopefully he can keep it going for a full game.

Cigar
Reply/Quote

Full week 18 grades ^

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They probably didn’t list him due to limited snap count. I was surprised to see he only played 18 total.

Saving him for net week and not putting too much wear on that wrist.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Saving him for net week and not putting too much wear on that wrist.

Right, I meant I was surprised to learn it was only 18 (not that they decided to limit him). It felt like he was out there way more.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Thanks Nicomo, love seeing Ossai and Carter coming around. Hope Scharping keeps getting better and limits the penalties.

Always liked Scharping since college and even wanted us to draft him same with BJ Hill. Pretty cool how we have both of them 
on our team now. Hendrickson was just destroying Stanley all day, the Rats should be very concerned about this matchup.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Scharping can keep playing that well in the playoffs.

Carter and Ossai are really hitting stride at the perfect time as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote