Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 3
These do not pass the eye test

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:55 AM)pally Wrote: These do not pass the eye test

I’m not great at judging offensive linemen especially if they’re not allowing sacks because I’m mostly following the ball or skill position players with my eyes, but they seriously should consider signing a C or letting Hill play because Hopkins continues to struggle. I’m still kind of surprised by the poor grades I thought they played mostly good (though the Steelers were hurting in the pass rush department)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are people still going to put stock into these bullshit grades? What a goddamn joke.

PFF is great for their counting numbers and things they do that no one else does; these grades have been pure BS since 2015, fact.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
More insight into Carman's rating - He got a 68.8 pass block rating and 35.8 run block rating.
He was also dinged some for his penalty.

However, his snap distribution was pretty balanced between run and pass, so I'm surprised they graded his overall so low.
If anything, he should have been around the middle of the two ratings (somewhere in the upper 40's or low 50's).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
How does an OL give up zero sacks, have a RB run for 5 yards as pop, yet 3 be graded  so harshly. This is not right and is a stain on PFF. You don't rate against the competition, you rate against the result.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Are people still going to put stock into these bullshit grades? What a goddamn joke.

PFF is great for their counting numbers and things they do that no one else does; these grades have been pure BS since 2015, fact.

Where’s Logan Wilson at? I know it’s a play by play metric supposedly, but he seemed to have a super game and he had been highly rated even by their standards earlier.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Are people still going to put stock into these bullshit grades? What a goddamn joke.

Subjective grades (where a player gets a grade of zero for doing his job) plugged into a flawed formula.

What could possibly go wrong?  I mean we all know Andy Dalton was better in '18 than in '15, right?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Subjective grades (where a player gets a grade of zero for doing his job) plugged into a flawed formula.

What could possibly go wrong?  I mean we all know Andy Dalton was better in '18 than in '15, right?

Rolleyes

Feels like when a player runs a 4.5 at the combine but has game speed as they call it.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Where’s Logan Wilson at? I know it’s a play by play metric supposedly, but he seemed to have a super game and he had been highly rated even by their standards earlier.

Wilson rated 62.3.  Had the 2 picks, but allowed receptions on 6 of 8 targets.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: Wilson rated 62.3.  Had the 2 picks, but allowed receptions on 6 of 8 targets.

Which is true, but at the same time most were check down passes later against zones where he most likely was playing top down.
Reply/Quote
Sign Jessie Bates to a long term deal !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: Which is true, but at the same time most were check down passes later against zones where he most likely was playing top down.

Yeah, to my eye, he played a solid game, plus had the 2 picks.  Just trying to provide some context as to why he isn't graded as highly as we think he should.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:55 AM)pally Wrote: These do not pass the eye test

Pollak should post those OL grades as bulletin board material.
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of the OL grades last year against the Titans. We dominated the game, allowed 0 sacks and still had bad OL grades. Price played the best game of his life except one bad snap eraly in the game and his grade was like 15 or something lol.

PFF is cool to get a little gauge on how players may be doing, but they arent always spot on and are sometimes probably way off. But then again, how could they really know the assignments Pollack calls? I think there is some guess work involved in it, and also some bias, with more ex-players involved in the process.
Reply/Quote
“PFF!” is the sound a fart makes. These numbers — especially the lowball score given to Jackson Carman — make no sense.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Collinsworth own PFF? Is this an agenda, those grades al total BS.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't Collinsworth own PFF? Is this an agenda, those grades al total BS.

Yeah he does, and when I found that out, I had a feeling there would be some personal opinion/bias in the mix. PFF is still fun and good to keep an eye on, but I dont put too much stock in it. 
Reply/Quote
Steelers RT Joe Haeg scored a 67 and RG Trai Turner scored a 71 both gave up sacks and pressures vs the Bengals.

Honestly PFF is making it very hard to take seriously after their week 1 analysis and now these grades week 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:09 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah he does, and when I found that out, I had a feeling there would be some personal opinion/bias in the mix. PFF is still fun and good to keep an eye on, but I dont put too much stock in it. 

I just wrote on Twitter, that while I'm not blaming Collinsworth for anything, when he bought his stake, things changed immediately and within a year, the grades changed to the current, ridiculous system, from the sane, sound methodology of the previous one.

Haeg was destroyed and Turner was getting abused by our DT rotation, all game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is nuts. In future debates, I'll no longer be accepting PFF grades as an arguing point. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote