PFF grades week 8

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:31 PM)pally Wrote:

Ugly.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s pretty amazing Burrow was able to grade out that high with a matador at LT.

Same for Volson having to play next to one.

Reply/Quote
Also, Perine>>>Mixon.

If Mixon wasn’t making the money he is he would have already lost his job.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, Perine>>>Mixon.

You're not wrong but I'm surprised at the amount of hate Mixon is getting.

The guy was so good for last few years and something is of this season but past success is not getting him a pass.

Perine has looked good when given a shot but that doesn't mean he's going to be good in higher doses.

I think there are bigger issues with this running game and it's not all on Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s pretty amazing Burrow was able to grade out that high with a matador at LT.

Is this Jonah's new nickname? That's hilarious. 

In all seriousness I hope he's injured and can still improve. But at this point it's pretty obvious he's not going to be a pro-bowler. 

Collins has been a pro-bowler. Hopefully he can get healthy and regain his form.

But overall it looks like we need to draft another left tackle and move Jonah to left guard. We could sure use some draft luck in this department (at this point we're going to need luck more than anything when drafting an olineman, they've thrown enough darts to hit on someone by now).

It looks like we need a better offensive coach as well, but I'm not holding out hope on this one. We may have to just hope we can learn how to win on talent alone.

We need to draft a corner as well. We'll have lots of needs this offseason by the looks of it. Jonah better magically improve or we'll be up against it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:40 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're not wrong but I'm surprised at the amount of hate Mixon is getting.

The guy was so good for last few years and something is of this season but past success is not getting him a pass.

Perine has looked good when given a shot but that doesn't mean he's going to be good in higher doses.

I think there are bigger issues with this running game and it's not all on Mixon.

It’s not just the running game though. To say Mixon is a liability in pass protection would be a massive understatement. I can only watch him get my QB clobbered so many times before all the good will he had built up in the past goes out the window.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Is this Jonah's new nickname? That's hilarious. 

In all seriousness I hope he's injured and can still improve. But at this point it's pretty obvious he's not going to be a pro-bowler. 

Collins has been a pro-bowler. Hopefully he can get healthy and regain his form.

But overall it looks like we need to draft another left tackle and move Jonah to left guard. We could sure use some draft luck in this department (at this point we're going to need luck more than anything when drafting an olineman, they've thrown enough darts to hit on someone by now).

It looks like we need a better offensive coach as well, but I'm not holding out hope on this one. We may have to just hope we can learn how to win on talent alone.

We need to draft a corner as well. We'll have lots of needs this offseason by the looks of it. Jonah better magically improve or we'll be up against it.

Actually, he’s never been one.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually, he’s never been one.

Oh my bad I just assumed he has been based on his past success. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually, he’s never been one.

Ya know, now that I think about it, Clowney was awfully quiet last night. I wonder what LCs score was 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:53 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oh my bad I just assumed he has been based on his past success. 

Fun fact:

Ken Riley never made the Pro Bowl. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ya know, now that I think about it, Clowney was awfully quiet last night. I wonder what LCs score was 

I didn't see much getting through the right side of the line period. All the pressure was coming through the left side.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ya know, now that I think about it, Clowney was awfully quiet last night. I wonder what LCs score was 

thats because Garret was getting to Burrow a lot faster

Clowney's pass rush prowess is overrated fwiw. He's more of a run stuffer
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, Perine>>>Mixon.

They should, at the very least, be sharing carries 50/50ish
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Collins has been a pro-bowler. Hopefully he can get healthy and regain his form.

Really? Before the season i looked up the new players on the OL and I didn't notice any that had made the ProBowl. 

Edit: Sorry. Didn't see this was already addressed or else I started writing this before others posted.
Reply/Quote

Last year it was the interior, now it’s the tackles. One good thing is the way they structured Collins’ deal it will be easy to get out of after this season if they want.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Last year it was the interior, now it’s the tackles. One good thing is the way they structured Collins’ deal it will be easy to get out of after this season if they want.

Wow on the pass blocking grades for the tackles. How can you run an offense with your two tackles having such horrific games in pass blocking?

On the other hand, the Bengals finally are doing well in the interior of the OL.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not just the running game though. To say Mixon is a liability in pass protection would be a massive understatement. I can only watch him get my QB clobbered so many times before all the good will he had built up in the past goes out the window.

I saw stats about RB's in year 6 or later...and how their production falls off a cliff.

RB is totally a position where you need to draft guys every 2-3 years and cycle them through in committee. And if you extend them, only do it for a couple years.
Reply/Quote
4th quarter of blow out time moved Burrow up... he was not heading for a decent grade till the 4th quarter after game was pretty much over
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s pretty amazing Burrow was able to grade out that high with a matador at LT.

With Volson and Karras being the highest graded on the offense last night, makes you wonder why they didn't try to establish handing the ball to Perine up the gut?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote