Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 8
(11-02-2022, 04:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He isn't really saying that shotgun runs are the problem, but that they are predictable in how they do it. He talks about RPOs to create conflict and prevent the safety from coming up and making the plays. He says that Cincinnati isn't doing that, so when Burrow flashes the ball down, it is most likely a run and not a play-action or RPO. According to PFR, Cincinnati has ran 20 RPOs this season. That's good for 6th in the league, but the #1 team, Atlanta, has ran 80. He also brings up how heavily LSU used RPOs during the 2019 run. PFF only has stats around play-action, but the LSU offense average 11 "conflict" plays per game. Cincinnati averages six, and only two-ish RPOs per game. He is right that you are slightly more limited in how you run the ball in shotgun but it isn't anything that will prevent you from having an effective run game. It's not coincidental that shotgun runs have been more effective than under center runs for 10+ years now. 

EDIT - For clarification, I am not saying you are factually wrong. Just that I am not interpreting that video to say that shotgun runs are the problem, only the lack of conflict.

he's saying the problem is if you arent running RPO's shotgun runs are easy to sniff out

no doubt that is not helping the run game
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I laugh at people blaming the line for Burrow's ineffectiveness yet wonder out loud why Mixon can't get going.

Prolly shouldn't laugh until you see how many holes were there to run through, that were missed by the RB.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I know how much *we* are paying L'ael Collins. How much are the Browns paying him?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Is this Jonah's new nickname? That's hilarious. 

In all seriousness I hope he's injured and can still improve. But at this point it's pretty obvious he's not going to be a pro-bowler. 

Collins has been a pro-bowler. Hopefully he can get healthy and regain his form.

But overall it looks like we need to draft another left tackle and move Jonah to left guard. We could sure use some draft luck in this department (at this point we're going to need luck more than anything when drafting an olineman, they've thrown enough darts to hit on someone by now).

It looks like we need a better offensive coach as well, but I'm not holding out hope on this one. We may have to just hope we can learn how to win on talent alone.

We need to draft a corner as well. We'll have lots of needs this offseason by the looks of it. Jonah better magically improve or we'll be up against it.

cough! spit out my coffee.... did you say move Jonah to Left Guard? why?? I think Cordell has shown he can handle that job and will only get better...Ive lost hope in Jonah Hill I mean Williams at LT or any other position on O L. He just plain stinks
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 08:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: cough! spit out my coffee.... did you say move Jonah to Left Guard? why?? I think Cordell has shown he can handle that job and will only get better...Ive lost hope in Jonah Hill I mean Williams at LT or any other position on O L. He just plain stinks

I hate when people dismiss the idea of Jonah or Collins moving to LG

you must REALLY love Volson to think Jonah or Collins would be worse than Volson at LG
Reply/Quote