Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF on draft success '06-'16
(03-09-2020, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sample has good agility and athleticism.  Here is how he ranked among TEs at the 2019 combine.

5th in 3 come
5th in 60 yd shuttle
6th in short shuttle
8th in vertical
9th in broad jump
9th in 40 yd

He also has soft hands and a high football IQ.

Plus he is 6'5", 255.

I don't know why everyone seems to think he is trash.

I hope you're right. I just know that, from seeing him play in college and based on the scouting reports written about him, the idea that he is more than average athletically (relative to his peers) seems unlikely.

I'll be rooting for him though. I'd love nothing more than for him to be a huge weapon for Burrow moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope you're right. I just know that, from seeing him play in college and based on the scouting reports written about him, the idea that he is more than average athletically (relative to his peers) seems unlikely.

I'll be rooting for him though. I'd love nothing more than for him to be a huge weapon for Burrow moving forward.

It is hard to judge Sample as he wasn't targeted much in college or here in the passing game and got injured last 
season as a rookie. But everything Fred said about him is true. I think he was taken WAY too early in last years draft
but that is in the past and now we can only hope he becomes a great player for us.

He is a great blocker and like Fred said has great hands. I think he needs to work on his route running and he could
at the very least become solid for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope you're right. I just know that, from seeing him play in college and based on the scouting reports written about him, the idea that he is more than average athletically (relative to his peers) seems unlikely.

I am not saying he will be a good player.  I am just willing to give him a shot.

I've seen some people complain that the Bengals don't do enough scouting and just rely on other scouting reports, but then the same people complain when the Bengals draft someone other than the ones recommended by the other scouting reports.  So some fans complain no matter who they take.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/rSTGOyDFPrU
Reply/Quote
My favorite gum is Wrigleys spearmint.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 06:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Do you remember that Lucky Stripe gum? Whatever happened to that stuff?

(03-09-2020, 08:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fruit Stripe gum? The one with the zebra on the label?

I member.

You don't have to remember...it seemingly still exists! Just search Amazon for Fruit Stripe gum and a 12 pack pops up for like $13
Reply/Quote
#FIREDUKETOBIN
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Sample needs to come out in the preseason and make plays
Right out the gate. And not against future grub hub drivers either
He needs to go up vs #1 defenses.
He showed next to nothing in the preseason last year
He was easily the worst TE drafted among the 1st 10 drafted in 2019.
Reply/Quote
Sample is Tony Gonzalez clone. You wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 12:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Sample is Tony Gonzalez clone.  You wait and see.

I hope so. Cause that means the offense is clicking and that equals wins. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 11:34 AM)impactplaya Wrote: He was easily the worst TE drafted among the 1st 10 drafted in 2019.

Posts like this are why you are considered a joke around here.

Kahala Warring....zero snaps played
Jace Sternberger...60 snaps played...zero receptions.
Josh Oliver...……..115 snaps played....3 receptions.

You can't just make shit up and claim it is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Posts like this are why you are considered a joke around here.

Kahala Warring....zero snaps played
Jace Sternberger...60 snaps played...zero receptions.
Josh Oliver...……..115 snaps played....3 receptions.

You can't just make shit up and claim it is true.

I really could care less. Thanks 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I really could care less. Thanks 

That means you care now.

But if you could NOT care less then please stop taking up space in this forum with your make believe comments.

You are welcome.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That means you care now.

But if you could NOT care less then please stop taking up space in this forum with your make believe comments.

You are welcome.

BTW FT Warring was on the IR all year 
And Sternberger and Oliver were drafted later than Sample 
Sample was the 52nd player drafted 
Think about that 
I can post if I so choose 
Last time I checked I've violated no forum rules.
Right now Sample is blown pick 
Get over it
Reply/Quote
I think he was drafted in the 2nd because typically TE's are heavily drafted in the 3rd round and the Bengals might have felt he wouldn't still be there when it was their turn in the 3rd.

But never the less, we need to give him a little bit of time to develop. He was a slight project from the start, but with decent athleticism, so we have to wait and see what happens. And I'm all for giving him the chance first, unlike some apparently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 02:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think he was drafted in the 2nd because typically TE's are heavily drafted in the 3rd round and the Bengals might have felt he wouldn't still be there when it was their turn in the 3rd.

But never the less, we need to give him a little bit of time to develop. He was a slight project from the start, but with decent athleticism, so we have to wait and see what happens. And I'm all for giving him the chance first, unlike some apparently.

Kinda of funny.when you look at certain players drafted 
In that 2nd RD they produced in their rookie years 
Meceole Hardman Cheifs 

Dk Metcalf Seahawks 

Miles Sanders Eagles

Deebo Samuel 49ers 

AJ Brown Titans 

None of those players I listed are "projects" 
They were ready to make plays ,be productive in their 
Offensive game plans 
Meanwhile the Bengals coaching staff has to put
Training wheels on Sample on his way to bumper Bowling

If ZT and company continously have epic overall draft fails 
Like in 2019 it won't see 2 wins a year 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 02:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think he was drafted in the 2nd because typically TE's are heavily drafted in the 3rd round and the Bengals might have felt he wouldn't still be there when it was their turn in the 3rd.

Same, well said Mike. I had Sample in some of my Mocks in the 4th or 5th round. I thought it was way early to take him but 
that does not mean I do not like the player and could see him doing well here. He has the ability to go along with the size 
athleticism and hands to be a very good TE in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 02:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Kinda of funny.when you look at certain players drafted 
In that 2nd RD they produced in their rookie years 
Meceole Hardman Cheifs 

Dk Metcalf Seahawks 

Miles Sanders Eagles

Deebo Samuel 49ers 

AJ Brown Titans 

None of those players I listed are "projects" 
They were ready to make plays ,be productive in their 
Offensive game plans 
Meanwhile the Bengals coaching staff has to put
Training wheels on Sample on his way to bumper Bowling

If ZT and company continously have epic overall draft fails 
Like in 2019 it won't see 2 wins a year 

When you judge the picks of 31 teams against the picks of just one team the 31 teams are almost always going to have some better picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you judge the picks of 31 teams against the picks of just one team the 31 teams are almost always going to have some better picks.

Seems like every year the Bengals make the playoffs 
They get production from their 1st or 2nd RD picks that same year 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Seems like every year the Bengals make the playoffs 
They get production from their 1st or 2nd RD picks that same year 

Have to draft better no question especially when you build your team specifically through the Draft.
Reply/Quote