Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF predicts Bengals sign 3 of the top 17 free agents on market
My how times have changed around here.  PFF list projected landing spots for their top 50 free agents, and the most active team is the Bengals who sign 3 of the top 17 on the list

#6 OG Joe Thuney...........4 yr, $57 million

#8 CB William Jackson......3 yr, $40 million

#17 DE/OLB Carl Lawson...4 yr, $55 million

Lawson's injury history terrifies me, but if we don't sign him I predict we bring in some other edge player.

In general I am not impressed by blowing tons of money on top name free agents.  But I understand in a couple of situations.  When you are either very good and just need one key player or tow to put you over the hump or when you are very bad and have glaring holes all over your roster.

Other than that the best strategy is to build through the draft and just use free agency sparingly.
Reply/Quote
This would be nice. I’d really like to see 2 linemen brought in including a really good one. One of our worst spots last year. Thuney another G. One of the mid tier receivers out there and I’d be pretty happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shaq Barret back to Bucs
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This would be nice. I’d really like to see 2 linemen brought in including a really good one. One of our worst spots last year. Thuney another G. One of the mid tier receivers out there and I’d be pretty happy.

Definitely need a decent WR in free agency.  Does not have to be one of the top, but has to be more than a scrub.

Also like to see another DT or O-line.

If we don't re-sign Alexander then CB is also an issue even if we do re-sign Jackson.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My how times have changed around here.  PFF list projected landing spots for their top 50 free agents, and the most active team is the Bengals who sign 3 of the top 17 on the list

#6 OG Joe Thuney...........4 yr, $57 million

#8 CB William Jackson......3 yr, $40 million

#17 DE/OLB Carl Lawson...4 yr, $55 million

Lawson's injury history terrifies me, but if we don't sign him I predict we bring in some other edge player.

In general I am not impressed by blowing tons of money on top name free agents.  But I understand in a couple of situations.  When you are either very good and just need one key player or tow to put you over the hump or when you are very bad and have glaring holes all over your roster.

Other than that the best strategy is to build through the draft and just use free agency sparingly.

I'd be more than happy with this. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd be more than happy with this. 

I dont see us getting both Lawson and Jackson back...Im gussing they know Jackson gone and are trying to plug that void immediately while trying to negotiate a deal with Lawson. Hoping to see us start bringing in some pass rushers soon like Van Noy, etc. and WRs. 
Like the rest of us I really want to see the Thuney deal happen  but wont be too upset if it doesnt.  
Reply/Quote
Projections are great....

But when those 3 signings actually happen I'll be exctied.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don’t think Jackson is coming back but it would be great if they signed those 3.
Thuney is going to be tough because it sounds like there’s a strong market for him. The Bengals would have to go way out of their comfort zone and pay top dollar for a guard.

How much do they project Hunter Henry to get? I am not on the Pitts bandwagon and I would much rather they pay big $ to guys in their 20s rather than guys in their 30s. Seems like a safer bet at avoiding a decline in their performance.
Reply/Quote
Strike one...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
PFF is already 0 for 1

Thuney gone
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thuney was a pipe dream to begin with.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if we even sign 1 of the 3.

Lawson has real interest from Miami and Cleveland who will throw money at him and WJIII literally was involved mid-season in the wanted to be traded articles.

Reply/Quote
Gabe Jackson, Marvin Jones
Reply/Quote
Not happening, more like Reiff, Gabe Jackson and Derek Wolfe.

Would be happy with this though. Just thought we would be more pro active even though it is early.

Who knows, we were all panicking last year early and they really went all out on D, hope they surprise us once again
and protect Burrow this time around.
Reply/Quote
PFF going 0 for 3. Love it.

Reply/Quote