Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF ranks Bengals receiving corps #11
(05-20-2020, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, to the best of my football knowledge, RBs can turn into receiving targets on a very high percentage of passing plays called.  At some point, you have to question weather the QB was too busy staring down field, in order to see the potential YAC in throwing short to the RB.  

Question the QB?

Correct me I am wrong, but I QB did not have time to stare down the field the past 3 years, our OL did not give him time to survey the field.

The Steelers' have a great OL, so Ben can survey the field for 3 to 5 seconds. Each second the eligible receivers open up the secondary. Then Ben can dump off as now defenders are 8 to 12 yards down field. So, huge holes left when a QB has time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 09:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Bengals WR core is filled to the brim with potential.

AJ Green, if he can stay healthy, is a top 10 WR in the NFL.
John Ross, if he can stay healthy, is the fasted man in the NFL. If he can be utilized properly, he can kill teams.
Tee Higgins is a rookie who could blow up the NFL with his catch in traffic ability and insane body control.
Tyler Boyd is a rock solid slot receiver who can get you 1000 yards a year.

The top 3 are big ifs due to a variety of issues, but the talent is there.

I don't have a problem with putting them at #11 due to the top 3's uncertainty.

Same here, I don't have a problem with them not being in the top 10 cause Green and Ross have not shown the ability to stay
healthy and Higgins will be a rookie. Lots of talent but lots of unknowns as Wes alluded to. Still need to see Sample come around
and need to use Mixon more in the passing game which I think Burrow will do and it could be a top Receiving core for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Question the QB?

Correct me I am wrong, but I QB did not have time to stare down the field the past 3 years, our OL did not give him time to survey the field.

The Steelers' have a great OL, so Ben can survey the field for 3 to 5 seconds. Each second the eligible receivers open up the secondary. Then Ben can dump off as now defenders are 8 to 12 yards down field. So, huge holes left when a QB has time.

Actually Ben is harder to bring down which leads to him buying more time. 

AD is very aggressive with the football and throws into tight coverage. Only Haskins and Daniel Jones are more aggressive. This is what I keep mentioning about different Qbs have different mindsets and will make different decisions. AD keeps throwing into tight coverage where as this is usually a rookie trait. AD is a vet. He should not be still doing that. I think this is why AJ made AD look so good. He wins alot of those types of throws. 

This is a big reason why his completion % has really dipped in the last couple years. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 08:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually Ben is harder to bring down which leads to him buying more time. 

AD is very aggressive with the football and throws into tight coverage. Only Haskins and Daniel Jones are more aggressive. This is what I keep mentioning about different Qbs have different mindsets and will make different decisions. AD keeps throwing into tight coverage where as this is usually a rookie trait. AD is a vet. He should not be still doing that. I think this is why AJ made AD look so good. He wins alot of those types of throws. 

This is a big reason why his completion % has really dipped in the last couple years. 

See the same thing when watching Dalton over the last couple years or so, plus he panics when the pass coverage breaks
downs or even doesn't break down at times. These are rookie traits as you note, things that Burrow excelled at last year.

Burrow can throw his WR's open while throwing into space and is as cool as they come. He will just have to trust his WR's
to be in the right place at the right time.
Reply/Quote