Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's 2022 Draft Rankings.
It's never to early to start reviewing draft prospects and PFF has started their prospect rankings for the upcoming college season.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-early-nfl-draft-rankings-and-class-overviews

They also have their All-Conference Teams.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2021-pffs-preseason-all-conference-teams

An unrelated note but something else I always keep track of is WVU recruiting and Neal Brown is crushing it. WVU is usually around 40 to 50 in the national recruiting rankings but for 2022 they are 25th... and Dana Holgorsen said no one could recruit for WVU.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would we be interested in Tyler Linderbaum even though we just took Trey Hill? Him, Stingley, or Thibodeaux would probably be my early dream picks. But obviously I hope we aren’t picking high enough to get either of those two.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 02:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would we be interested in Tyler Linderbaum even though we just took Trey Hill? Him, Stingley, or Thibodeaux would probably be my early dream picks. But obviously I hope we aren’t picking high enough to get either of those two.

I don’t think a late draft pick would or should factor into a decision based on that alone. Question is how does Hopkins do coming off injury and what does Hill show during his rookie season. iirc he can play all of the interior so it opens up our options as far as acquiring new players next year.
Reply/Quote
Ikem Ekwonu, the Guard from NC State, looks like a man among boys in his highlight clip. Some of his plays are from LT, but I believe that he projects as a Guard due to length.

The Bengals going after a mauling Guard to pair with Carman, could set that OL in the right direction for years to come.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Aggies Demarvin Leal looks special.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
OSU WR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OSU WR

I wouldn’t spend a high pick on a WR just yet.

I think they should be looking at O and D line and CB this coming season. I wouldn’t mind a WR anytime from round 3 on if he is clearly BPA.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 02:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would we be interested in Tyler Linderbaum even though we just took Trey Hill? Him, Stingley, or Thibodeaux would probably be my early dream picks. But obviously I hope we aren’t picking high enough to get either of those two.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't have much confidence in Trey Hill.
We'll see though.

Adding Linderbaum could be a great idea though.
It would allow Hopkins to shift over to LG, which could be his best position.

I'd love to get Neal if possible.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Neal then Leal are probably my top two targets.
With all the money the Bengals have dumped into the DL, I doubt they'll pay Ogunjobi enough if he plays well.
And if Ogunjobi doesn't play well and become that Atkins replacement, I'd like to go young and get a stud IDL pass rusher to go with Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, and Reader.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Neal then Leal are probably my top two targets.

I'm not a fan of Evan Neal's windup with his hands. It's like hes always trying to crush his opponent with a right hook instead of the Jab he is supposed to use. 

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 02:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a fan of Evan Neal's windup with his hands. It's like hes always trying to crush his opponent with a right hook instead of the Jab he is supposed to use. 

Well he has another year to get coached up in that department, and I think making improvements with his hands and technique are some easy things to coach, are they not?

I like his size, aggressiveness, and athleticism for such a big man.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They didn't rank TEs but whenever I watch UC I'm impressed with Whyle

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 04:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Call me a skeptic, but I don't have much confidence in Trey Hill.
We'll see though.

Thought Hill was looking good in TC, the D-lineman couldn't move him. Has one hell of an anchor.
Reply/Quote
All the hubbub I’m hearing about D’Ante Smith exists to motivate Jackson. I always thought Trey Hill would turn out to be a decent starter if used correctly.
Reply/Quote
Here are PFFs top 10 at every position mid October.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-kayvon-thibodeaux-first-overall-detroit-lions

I really like what I see out of 2018's highest recruited OT in his 3rd year Nicholas Petit-Frere. Can't wait to see Frere vs Aiden Hutchinson in November could drag him into the top 10.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 06:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Here are PFFs top 10 at every position mid October.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-kayvon-thibodeaux-first-overall-detroit-lions

I really like what I see out of 2018's highest recruited OT in his 3rd year Nicholas Petit-Frere. Can't wait to see Frere vs Aiden Hutchinson in November could drag him into the top 10.

I am liking George Karlaftis DE Purdue, would love to add this guy to our pass rush.

Also like their pick of Penning OT for us from Northern Iowa. 

But I like Kinnard better, hope he falls to us or we grab Karlaftis at this time.

Where is the DE from Cincy, Sanders projected I wonder? I see that Sauce went real early in this Mock.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 06:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Here are PFFs top 10 at every position mid October.

Pretty sure that's a 1st rd mock

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 12:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure that's a 1st rd mock

Lol yea my bad here is the correct link. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-rankings-top-10-players-at-every-position

Reply/Quote