Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Rankings of Bengal Players
Per Cincy Jungle PFF's breakdown on how our players rank in the NFL.

The most egregious ranking has AJ Green listed as a "Good/ High Quality" player versus an elite player.  I personally feel that Geno should also be qualified as elite.

Don't know how they rate Bodine as better than Boling - other than their unwillingness to factor in the shoulder injury that plagued him for more than half the season.

They rate Williams as better than Iloka, Dre K., A. Jones and Shaw. 

And if you take their assessments seriously I think it's a red flag that they rate Vinney Rey higher than Minter.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:50 PM)3wt Wrote: Per Cincy Jungle PFF's breakdown on how our players rank in the NFL.

The most egregious ranking has AJ Green listed as a "Good/ High Quality" player versus an elite player.  I personally feel that Geno should also be qualified as elite.

Don't know how they rate Bodine as better than Boling - other than their unwillingness to factor in the shoulder injury that plagued him for more than half the season.

They rate Williams as better than Iloka, Dre K., A. Jones and Shaw. 

And if you take their assessments seriously I think it's a red flag that they rate Vinney Rey higher than Minter.

Thoughts?

I find PFF player rankings to be about as credible and insightful as preseason power rankings.
Reply/Quote
Lol pff.

A bunch of nerds putting too much math into my football.
Reply/Quote
How is AJ Green not elite? He's right up there with Julio, OBJ, and Brown.

Reply/Quote
Can a brother get a link
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol pff.  

Yep! As soon as I see PFF, I usually move on.....
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2017, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can a brother get a link

Sorry bfine.  I had a hard time finding it myself when I went back to get it.  It is under the following link.  You will have to scroll down to find PFF's individual player rankings for each of our starters.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/29/15881560/bengals-offensive-line-team-ranked-among-nfl-worst-rosters 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is AJ Green not elite? He's right up there with Julio, OBJ, and Brown.

Isn't that just a replay of their rankings from 2016?  AJ Green scored low due to injury, yet even then his stats were good enough to be almost a whole season Elite.
Reply/Quote
Those numbers are based on how they played in the season.

They're not just throwing rankings out there all willy nilly like most lists.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol pff.  

nice avatar! hank hill is the shit
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2017, 06:19 PM)magikod Wrote: nice avatar! hank hill is the shit

Yup.....
Reply/Quote