Reply/Quote
(06-27-2017, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Donald Hollas
Erik Wilhelm
Turk Schonert
Scott Mitchell
Paul Justin

That is what I think of the HOF....
I think the HOF is totally biased.
Your list made me recall that Turk Schonert got us a win against the seahawks, when Kenny  Anderson was benched.That season we went to our first SuperBowl. :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2017, 12:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've completely stopped caring about the HOF. JUST ONE Bengal EVER in the HOF? What a sham that is.  It's a complete joke and as far as I'm concerned it has absolutely NOTHING to do with who was or wasn't a great player. It's more a story of who was in the right clique and who wasn't. It's like the complete jerk kid in high school who got to play QB ONLY because his dad had the biggest house in town despite the fact that the kid couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions stamped on the heel of the boot.
I ran track with that team. Coaches son got to run anchor in the relays despite the fact he was slow and couldn't hold onto the baton, but hey, DADDY was the coach so dweeb boy was THE STAR.. That's the NFL HOF..

Woops.. I got out of line.. Excuse my rant that had absolutely nothing to do with who was the best QBS.. 

Anderson, Boomer, Toss up between CP and Andy at this point,  I'd say Cook, but he wasn't around long enough.. Memory is fading quick now.. 

Sounds suspiciously like American presidential elections of late, no?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 05:17 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: I think the HOF is totally biased.
Your list made me recall that Turk Schonert got us a win against the seahawks, when Kenny  Anderson was benched.That season we went to our first SuperBowl. :andy:

Was that the Seahawks?

Yes, it was!  Don't know why I thought it was the Raiders...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I met Blake at the last Super Bowl in San Diego, I was stationed there. Some team members and I went to the pre-game activities a couple of days before the game and Blake was signing autographs. Nobody in line so I steppped and he gave me his autograph. I asked him a couple of questions and he didn't respond. Told me he didn't feel like talking.
What a 1st class prick!! I ended up throwing his autograph away.
Met Coslet who was HC at the time. Nice guy but a little goofy!!
Reply/Quote
1. Anderson
2. Esiason
3. Dalton
4. Carson
5. Cook

Cook is only 5 because of the injury.
Reply/Quote
Ok here we go again:
1 Anderson
2 Cook
3 Boomer
4 Thompson
5 Palmer
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2017, 02:13 PM)firstand10 Wrote: 1. Cook
2. Anderson
3.Boomer
4. Blake
5. Kitna

(06-29-2017, 01:10 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Ok here we go again:
1 Anderson
2 Cook
3 Boomer
4 Thompson
5 Palmer

1.  Why the change in opinion?  Just curious.

2.  Jack Thompson?  Really?  He's probably the biggest bust in Bengals history not named Akili Smith ... I think he had a sub-50 passer rating for us and threw twice as many INTs as TDs ... (and I'm only mildly exaggerating ...).  That's like putting David Klingler on this list.
Reply/Quote
To much negativity, thought you'd react to "The Throwin Samoan"! You mean he was'nt better than the kid we picked up from Hoston! having a senior moment
Reply/Quote
Klingler was the kid I was talkin about!
Let me do this again! LOL
1.Cook
2. Anderson
3. Palmer
4.Blake
5.Kitna
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2017, 02:14 PM)firstand10 Wrote: To much negativity, thought you'd react to "The Throwin Samoan"! You mean he was'nt better than the kid we picked up from Hoston! having a senior moment

LOL, didn't know if you were joking, trolling, or being serious ...

I only vaguely remember Thompson playing, but I distinctly remember my old man yelling at the screen when he did ...  To this day he calls him a bum, says we didn't need a QB ("shoulda picked Kellen Winslow"), but if we were gonna pick one "we shoulda got the kid from Morehead State (Phil Simms) -- he won a Super Bowl for NY, ya know!"
Reply/Quote