Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF scores under 60.0 for Bengals after Week 9
We're more than halfway through the season officially.
When it comes to how a player is performing, a score below 60.0 typically implies they not be on the field if there's someone available that can be better.

The following players are below 60.0 (Bold = whole position group):
OG - John Miller, Alex Redmond, Billy Price, Michael Jordan
OT - Bobby Hart, Andre Smith
RB - Giovani Bernard
TE - CJ Uzomah, Drew Sample, Cethan Carter

CB - BW Webb, Tony McRae
S - Shawn Williams, Jessie Bates III, Brandon Wilson
LB - Nick Vigil, Preston Brown, Germaine Pratt, Jordan Evans, LaRoy Reynolds
DT - Ryan Glasgow, Renell Wren
DE - Andrew Brown, Kerry Wynn, Anthony Zettel
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're only 11 starting player upgrades away from being elite!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: We're more than halfway through the season officially.
When it comes to how a player is performing, a score below 60.0 typically implies they not be on the field if there's someone available that can be better.

RB - Giovani Bernard

CB - BW Webb, Tony McRae

no massive surprises for the most part there based on what we have seen on the field.

The two areas which i think are coaching/scheme and not so much a player talent issue is Gio and the safeties....there is no way those three guys should be performing at such a low level based on what we have seen from them previous
Reply/Quote
The worst thing about this list is the number of contract extensions from this year! Just look at 2019. Bernard, Brown, and Hart were all extended this year and are on the list.

At least we have the young guns...wait. From rounds 1-4, Sample, Pratt, Jordan, and Wren are all on this list. The jury is still out on Williams (injured) and Finley (1 start).
Reply/Quote
Just amazing that basically speaking this whole team sucks as bad as it does ! You could see 2 or 3 not graded very high, but the whole damn team ? WOW
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just amazing that basically speaking this whole team sucks as bad as it does ! You could see 2 or 3 not graded very high, but the whole damn team ? WOW

We're just 1 or 2 plays away from being good.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:02 PM)sonofstat Wrote: no massive surprises for the most part there based on what we have seen on the field.

The two areas which i think are coaching/scheme and not so much a player talent issue is Gio and the safeties....there is no way those three guys should be performing at such a low level based on what we have seen from them previous

Absolutely. Shawn Williams, Bates, and Bernard have succeeded in other schemes before, so they get the benefit of the doubt.

What's going to be easier/faster: replace the playcallers or replace half of the players?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: We're more than halfway through the season officially.

RB - Giovani Bernard

CB - BW Webb, Tony McRae

The players in italics were signed, drafted or re-signed this season.

We were right! The off-season sucked.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 04:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The players in italics were signed, drafted or re-signed this season.

15/25 is almost impressive for a single offseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 04:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The players in italics were signed, drafted or re-signed this season.

Yep.
It's really telling how there isn't a single draft pick who is playing well right now.
Also, not a single outside FA signed is playing well either.

Marvin be like  Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Also all of the free agents are tied to either the team previously or the coaching staff previously. Are they aware you can bring guys in you don't know? This is like a phobia or something.
Reply/Quote
I do not think the existing coaching staff had input on the signing of several players via free agency. With that said, Tobin or the powers that be cannot evaluate FA talent well.

However, I believe the coaching staff had input on the 2019 draft class which is shaping up to be as bad as the 2015 draft if not the 1992 draft.

I do not know if the 2019 draft has dearth of talent or maybe the current coaching staff cannot develop players. I think Finley will be a solid backup and my hope is that Williams can play OT or guard. Pratt may be a keeper and I think Sample may work out. Still, not a solid draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 05:12 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Also all of the free agents are tied to either the team previously or the coaching staff previously. Are they aware you can bring guys in you don't know? This is like a phobia or something.

I almost posted that but I don't think John Miller is, right?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wow, you'd think a team with numbers like that would be pretty bad or something.

Bates is so disappointing. This staff is so bad that even our good young players are regressing. The only guy who's low grade I don't agree with is Glasgow. I thought he played well when he was in. If the Bengals get the 1st overall I think they should clean out the staff and allow a new head coach to have control of that pick. I'd much rather have say Jay Gruden then Zac Taylor bringing along my rookie future franchise QB
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I almost posted that but I don't think John Miller is, right?

I think you are correct but he is tied to our one trade and exchange partner in the Bills.
Reply/Quote