Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF top D-linemen
You all know I am not a big fan of PFF's individual player ratings, but I will post these here for discussion.

Trey Hendrickson #29 edge

Reader #21 interior.
Reply/Quote
This doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

I think Hendrickson, who did get a lot of sacks last year, will still be lower than Lawson when all is said and done because he won't generate as many pressures. I also think he'll be just ok in run defense, which will counteract his pass rush score.
If Ossai is given enough opportunities, I could see Ossai having a better score (at least pass rush) than Hubbard.

As for IDL, I'm not surprised Reader is the only one to make it after Ogunjobi had a down year. I could see Reader getting into the teens if he can return from his injury to stay real strong against the run and improve some as a pass rusher. I expect Reader to probably be in the 70's in regards to rating by the end of the year. Ogunjobi probably will be in the 60's.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

I think Hendrickson, who did get a lot of sacks last year, will still be lower than Lawson when all is said and done because he won't generate as many pressures. I also think he'll be just ok in run defense, which will counteract his pass rush score.
If Ossai is given enough opportunities, I could see Ossai having a better score (at least pass rush) than Hubbard.

As for IDL, I'm not surprised Reader is the only one to make it after Ogunjobi had a down year. I could see Reader getting into the teens if he can return from his injury to stay real strong against the run and improve some as a pass rusher. I expect Reader to probably be in the 70's in regards to rating by the end of the year. Ogunjobi probably will be in the 60's.
Ogunjobi is the most interesting guy on the roster if he plays like he is capable then the defense will get a huge boost.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 03:41 PM)J24 Wrote: Ogunjobi is the most interesting guy on the roster if he plays like he is capable then the defense will get a huge boost.

Not only is he potentially a top player at his position he plays a position where we had nothing last year.

If Reader and Ogunjobi are healthy this year they don't have to take their game to a new level.  All they have to do is play like they did in 2019 to give us one of the best DT duos in the league.

DT should be by far the most improved position on the entire team.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not only is he potentially a top player at his position he plays a position where we had nothing last year.

If Reader and Ogunjobi are healthy this year they don't have to take their game to a new level.  All they have to do is play like they did in 2019 to give us one of the best DT duos in the league.

DT should be by far the most improved position on the entire team.

Agree with this, the DT position is what I expect to be the most improved along with the Guard position on Offense.

Hendrickson, Ossai, Sample and Hubert were also very good pickups for the pass rush.

Think Hubbard also improves in this area this Offseason being able to play with both arms.
Reply/Quote
L

I

N

K
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote