Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF week 3
So basically PFF is just confirming what some on here have been saying all along. The o-line - not Andy Dalton - is the primary problem with this team.

Why are they still rotating Ogbuehi? When are they just going to admit the guy is what he is (an epic grade A bust)? So now we've lost not 1, but 2 seasons due to extreme patience with an overmatched player at a key position, which was then followed by complete neglect of the o-line. Pathetic.

As for DreKirk, hopefully it was just a bad week. I know some people on here didn't like signing him to a big contract after 1 really good season. Well...

Oh, and Pacman should've been dumped after his latest incident. Like I said back then, his play isn't worth the trouble anymore. Now WJIII is going to be stuck behind a 35 year old corner in a 5-11 season, when he should be starting and getting developed for the future.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pacman will probably our next HC...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: "Over the past two weeks, quarterback Andy Dalton has the third-best completion percentage when in the pocket for 2.5 seconds or less. Dalton has an 80.0-percent completion rate on 40 attempts, thrown two touchdowns with no interceptions, has been sacked only two times, and has a 114.3 passer rating.

However, when Dalton is in the pocket for 2.6 or more seconds, he has a 43.5-percent completion rate on 23 attempts, zero scores and interceptions, has been sacked four times, and has a 67.1 passer rating."

This speaks to me of exactly what I have been saying about getting separation before Dalton gets killed.

Also, Dennard played very well (again) to both the naked eye without re-watching the entire game and coach's cut, and how about my guy Fej???

The sad part is Dre....I knew Adam Jones was not going to do much, but Dre?  What is his excuse?  A perfect passer rating against him?  Jordy Nelson is going to dream of that matchup again.

The tackles....Andre Smith rated nearly 40 points higher than Ced?  At least Fisher looked to have an improved score.

Would you move Fisher to LT and potentially mess with his development and put Smith at RT or do you put Smith at LT?  Either way, I think it is time for Ced to ride some pine.  He is a turd, and so is Piano Man.

Too bad they didn't put rankings for the WRs not named AJ Green.  As I think they pretty much suck as bad as Ced.

Dalton is not the problem, i agree with your thoughts for the most part. Need to move Fisher to LT, Andre to RT and let
the best Guard win out at RG. I would put TJ Johnson in at Center. Bench Bodine and Og, Westerman deserves a shot man.

That was good coverage by Kirkpatrick on the TD though, have to give him that.

Need to see John Ross, hopefully he is ready to go soon. 

Dalton did miss Lafell going across the middle wide open, could of been a big gain.
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton got more grief for his 124.3 rating game than Flacco did for his 28 yards and 12.0 rating. Seriously. Flacco just threw for 28 yards in nearly an entire game. Against the Jaguars. And his line is playing much better than Dalton's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Dalton got more grief for his 124.3 rating game than Flacco did for his 28 yards and 12.0 rating. Seriously. Flacco just threw for 28 yards in nearly an entire game. Against the Jaguars. And his line is playing much better than Dalton's.

Agreed. Most fans see the QB with the ball in his hands and can't really figure out what they're seeing with the Bengals.

Against the Packers? We couldn't run the ball. That's issue 1 for the loss.

The 2nd issue is our defense gave up big plays at bad times. While the pass rush was spectacular, the secondary was bad at times.

Fans have trouble reconciling seeing a Pick 6 and a bunch of sacks and realizing...wow the secondary was still bad. Mainly Jones and Kirkpatrick.

Issue 3: The offense got away from what worked in the 2nd half.

Issue 4: No adjustments.

The issues are listed in no particular order...although Issues 3 and 4 on my list are the main ones.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Most fans see the QB with the ball in his hands and can't really figure out what they're seeing with the Bengals.

The 2nd issue is our defense gave up big plays at bad times. While the pass rush was spectacular, the secondary was bad at times.

Fans have trouble reconciling seeing a Pick 6 and a bunch of sacks and realizing...wow the secondary was still bad. Mainly Jones and Kirkpatrick.

The issues are listed in no particular order...although Issues 3 and 4 on my list are the main ones.

This is all true, but getting a new QB will solve ALL those issues. /sarcasm
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Dalton got more grief for his 124.3 rating game than Flacco did for his 28 yards and 12.0 rating. Seriously. Flacco just threw for 28 yards in nearly an entire game. Against the Jaguars. And his line is playing much better than Dalton's.

Damn, 28 yards?

Woof Shocked
(09-27-2017, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Most fans see the QB with the ball in his hands and can't really figure out what they're seeing with the Bengals.

Are we about ready to start WJ3 and Dennard with Shaw in the Slot?

(09-27-2017, 04:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is all true, but getting a new QB will solve ALL those issues. /sarcasm

Starts in the trenches man.
Reply/Quote
For some reason I thought Fisher's PFF grade would be a lot lower. Call me crazy but I thought he played terrible vs. the packers. There were a handful of plays were he completely wiffed on a pass block
Or didn't block anyone at all. Maybe people think he's good because Ogbuehi and Bodine are so bad ppl forget about him. I'm excited with our young talent going forward on defense, Lawson , Jackson III etc. but these two young tackles aren't showing me much progress In year 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton is not the problem, i agree with your thoughts for the most part. Need to move Fisher to LT, Andre to RT and let
the best Guard win out at RG. I would put TJ Johnson in at Center. Bench Bodine and Og, Westerman deserves a shot man.

That was good coverage by Kirkpatrick on the TD though, have to give him that.

Need to see John Ross, hopefully he is ready to go soon. 

Dalton did miss Lafell going across the middle wide open, could of been a big gain.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes....I don't know about missing Lafell, but I know most of the time he was under a blanket of a DB...no separation.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 05:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, 28 yards?

Woof Shocked

He went 8 of 18 for 28 yards. That's 1.56 yards per attempt. With the 2 picks.

Definitely one of the ugliest stat lines I've seen in the last 20 years. 

Flacco has a ton of stinkers though. Certainly more than our red headed scapegoat.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He went 8 of 18 for 28 yards. That's 1.56 yards per attempt. With the 2 picks.

Definitely one of the ugliest stat lines I've seen in the last 20 years. 

Flacco has a ton of stinkers though. Certainly more than our red headed scapegoat.

But he has a super bowl ring gosh don't you know anything Shake .Sarcasm
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jackson and Dennard need to start... DreK looked terrible and cant tackle worth shit. At least Dennard tries when he goes in for a tackle.
Reply/Quote
I think it's safe to say that our o-line has been pretty bad.

I also think it's safe to say that our QB has also been pretty bad.

Rodgers was getting mauled the entire game by our d line and lo and behold he figured out a way to win. Dalton on the other hand completely disappeared in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:25 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think it's safe to say that our o-line has been pretty bad.

I also think it's safe to say that our QB has also been pretty bad.  

Rodgers was getting mauled the entire game by our d line and lo and behold he figured out a way to win. Dalton on the other hand completely disappeared in the second half.

True but not a person on here would not trade Andy for Aaron. 

One is a good QB and one is elite. 

Not knock on Dalton it is just that elite QB's are hard to find.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
And in the second half note the playcalling changed - big time. Seeing as we have seen this EXACT issue with four offensive coordinators and four different QBs (counting AJ) the common factor is the Head Coach. Marvin did like he usually does and tried to sit on a lead in the second half by telling the offense to play conservative. It NEVER works. Once they get into the conservative mode they lose their rhythm and any aggressive edge they may have had which is why defenses tee of on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 08:42 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: But he has a super bowl ring gosh don't you know anything Shake .Sarcasm

You discount that like it's nothing. We'd be naming streets after Dalton if he won a single playoff game here, let alone a Super Bowl. 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:26 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: replace pacman whos straight garbage for Jackson.
replace Ogbuehi for Andre Smith.
replace Vigil for Evans.
replace Hill for Mixon.

there you have it 4 easy fixes that will improve our team. but the bengals are stubburn as hell n wont do a damn thing.  fml

I disagree with replacing Vigil for Evans, but I do want to see Evans get more experience (snaps) so if an injury dictates, he will be more prepared. 

You are dead on the other three.  I am struggling with the idea of maybe moving Fisher (again) to LT and Andre back to RT.  If Fisher is even serviceable, they would only need to look at drafting a beast of a RT as Andre is undependable.  Also, they need a Center and I wish they would play TJ Johnson and put Redmond or Westerman at RG.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You discount that like it's nothing. We'd be naming streets after Dalton if  he won a single playoff game here, let alone a Super Bowl. 

Don't forget the 70 foot gold statue of Mikey on Fountain Square if he actually fires Marvin and hires a great coach.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You discount that like it's nothing. We'd be naming streets after Dalton if  he won a single playoff game here, let alone a Super Bowl. 

True, but that's overlooking the fact that Flacco is - at best - an average starting QB. Dalton has proven a better QB over the course of their careers, yet Flacco has the ring.

The automatic response is "well, Dalton chokes", but I would respond by saying that the entire team has a choking culture, and they've choked in 3 playoff games where Dalton didn't even suit up. Meanwhile, Dalton wasn't known for choking at TCU. Quite the opposite. He was Rose Bowl MVP against a Wisconsin team that was viewed as far superior to TCU. 

What more clutch moment is there than being an underdog in one of the biggest Bowl games, and showing up big?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:41 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but that's overlooking the fact that Flacco is - at best - an average starting QB. Dalton has proven a better QB over the course of their careers, yet Flacco has the ring.

The automatic response is "well, Dalton chokes", but I would respond by saying that the entire team has a choking culture, and they've choked in 3 playoff games where Dalton didn't even suit up. Meanwhile, Dalton wasn't known for choking at TCU. Quite the opposite. He was Rose Bowl MVP against a Wisconsin team that was viewed as far superior to TCU. 

What more clutch moment is there than being an underdog in one of the biggest Bowl games, and showing up big?

And beating JJ Watt to the edge to rush for a go ahead (IIRC) touchdown?

Andy didn't cause Hill to fumble. 
Andy didn't cause Peko to run onto the field in his cape.
Andy didn't cause Burfict and Pacman to be themselves. 
Andy didn't leave a blitzer unblocked that lead to a pick six. 
Andy didn't drop a go ahead TD.
Andy didn't design an offense that ignored AJ Green for 3 quarters. 
Andy didn't build a roster that left them with just Sanu and Burkhead at WR.

Yes Andy has been bad in the playoffs. He deserves a good amount of blame for his own play. But exactly 1 other person ever shown up in the playoffs and that's Leon Hall.
Well, Rey M almost had 1 good game before they asked him to cover RBs in the flats again.
Reply/Quote