PFF wk 1
Do they grade punters/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do they grade punters/

So...overall, Huber got a 60.6, but his punting grade was 75.2. So i'm guessing he got deducted for kicking the ball into the end zone so many times. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...overall, Huber got a 60.6, but his punting grade was 75.2. So i'm guessing he got deducted for kicking the ball into the end zone so many times. 

Which isn't on him at all, twice they landed in the 5 and bounced in because the gunners couldn't contain it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...overall, Huber got a 60.6, but his punting grade was 75.2. So i'm guessing he got deducted for kicking the ball into the end zone so many times. 

Loses points for being the holder on the Randy crampKick?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Loses points for being the holder on the Randy crampKick?

lol. You never know. 

On that note...FR hit 40+ and 50 and missed the chippy at the end. His FG score... 44.6

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
No rhyme or reason to the scores it seems....ah well, most are close to what I would've thought. Except I thought Pratt would be high 50s, low 60s, XSF lower, and Huber higher. Just seemed like I saw 57 around the ball a lot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The free grades are just overall at PFF. If you pay (which I do not), then you get much mire data (run bloxk vs pass block, etc).

I post PFF grades sometimes, but I do not think they are gospel. Just a data point. Quibble with their methodology (+2 to -2 for every snap).

Overall, I'd trust PFF more than the biased ramblings of fans on a website.
Reply/Quote
What did Jonah grade at?

Reply/Quote
There is no way in the name of zues' butthole that XSF played better than Price did. The guy finally had a really good game. Xfs looked lost and like a bad backup and giving him a 75 really makes me question pff. It seems like gymnastics scoring or some crap. Do they get deductions for degree of difficulty or something.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did Jonah grade at?

Reply/Quote
Well at least the bates grade seems accurate. I thought he had a great game. I recall at least 2 pbus and and some good hits.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 63.5

Honestly that's not to bad for a 1st game agaisnt some good DEs in bosa and ingram.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:55 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Honestly that's not to bad for a 1st game agaisnt some good DEs in bosa and ingram.

Yeah, I’ll take it. Step up from Ogbuehi and Price at least.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:41 PM)pally Wrote:

This is the main adjustment I’m shocked wasn’t made. Why weren’t the TEs kept in to block? Shameful.
Reply/Quote
PFF just lost some cred with me. Some of those grades make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:26 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: There is no way in the name of zues' butthole that XSF played better than Price did. The guy finally had a really good game. Xfs looked lost and like a bad backup and giving him a 75 really makes me question pff. It seems like gymnastics scoring or some crap. Do they get deductions for degree of difficulty or something.

I beg to differ. I went back again and focused on XFS. He earned that grade and definitely played stronger and better than Price. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:55 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Honestly that's not to bad for a 1st game agaisnt some good DEs in bosa and ingram.

(09-14-2020, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’ll take it. Step up from Ogbuehi and Price at least.

Seemingly, Hart appears to the the main reason "the line looked bad" yesterday. 

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the info Faulk.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Seemingly, Hart appears to the the main reason "the line looked bad" yesterday. 

Shocker.

Reply/Quote