Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFN Mock Draft
(04-06-2022, 08:59 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I really wanted a safety and would have loved to have had Cook or Cross fall but the simulation did not roll out that way. I never was in position to take a safety or a WR where I found more value than I did at another position or at least enough value to skip selecting another player. I probably could have selected a late WR instead Coan but I really would like to see an upgrade at the backup QB position or at least legit competition and I think Coan brings those qualities.

I really like the second DT, Turner, and frankly valued his abilities at that point more than the abilities of those at other positions. I really would not be shocked to see the team not draft a WR in this draft but to have their sights set on some of the top undrafted FAs.
Tiger
Looking forward to your next 1
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:00 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why not a DT like Wyatt at #31? If you are suggesting he will not be there I would have to say that he is every bit as likely to be there are Zion Johnson is.

Well Wyatt is probably as likely to be there as Zion Johnson. You are right. But I think we want a starter there. Of course rotation is also a good thing in a DL. I just think our ranking by position needs is 1. CB 2. C/G 3.DT. Now I do think that it’s BPA and if Wyatt is there I would be elated. I’m not expecting him or Johnson to be there. I don’t think Johnson gets past Dallas. I don’t think Linderbaum gets past the Ravens. My hope is Zion Johnson. It’s probably false hope. I think Zion is a guy who will win the point of attack almost every time. With Karras I think being able to run the ball on 3rd and short and 4th and short makes it a lot easier on the offense. I’m one that believes running the ball is the best remedy for pass protection. I think Joe Mixon is the discussion as NFL POY in 2022. I think this offense goes to the top in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:22 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well Wyatt is probably as likely to be there as Zion Johnson. You are right. But I think we want a starter there. Of course rotation is also a good thing in a DL. I just think our ranking by position needs is 1. CB 2. C/G 3.DT. Now I do think that it’s BPA and if Wyatt is there I would be elated. I’m not expecting him or Johnson to be there. I don’t think Johnson gets past Dallas. I don’t think Linderbaum gets past the Ravens. My hope is Zion Johnson. It’s probably false hope. I think Zion is a guy who will win the point of attack almost every time. With Karras I think being able to run the ball on 3rd and short and 4th and short makes it a lot easier on the offense.  I’m one that believes running the ball is the best remedy for pass protection. I think Joe Mixon is the discussion as NFL POY in 2022. I think this offense goes to the top in the NFL.

I have seen many that believe Johnson has jumped Kenyon Green in interior O line prospects what are your thoughts on Green if he should fall to us at 31? I know he has some bad snaps on tape but those snaps if you watch come with him playing on the edge at OT because of injuries. He was interviewed at the combine and is open to trying center though he has not played the position before.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 04:54 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have seen many that believe Johnson has jumped Kenyon Green in interior O line prospects what are your thoughts on Green if he should fall to us at 31? I know he has some bad snaps on tape but those snaps if you watch come with him playing on the edge at OT because of injuries. He was interviewed at the combine and is open to trying center though he has not played the position before.

The Bengals and particularly Zac love versatility. It’s so important in the OL. That was the big draw for Carman. That was the big draw for Karras. It’s why I think if a great pick isn’t there at #31 Dax Hill is a possibility. Green is ridiculously versatile. They love versatility. Green I think has some upside as well. But I believe somebody good will be available at #31. I personally like Zion Johnson but doubt like I said gets past Dallas and Linderbaum goes to the Ravens. But Green would be great because of his versatility for sure.

Zion to me gives us a player that will hold the pocket. I think Joe struggled more when the guards and centers were pushed back. Johnson that’s not happening. As optimistic as some Bengal fans can be ( sans Fredtoast) I don’t think most realize what a run game will do for the offense. It’ll help in pass pro. But if the Bengals can run from passing sets w/o leaving Mixon and the TE to pass pro oh my!!!!! If teams must blitz to get pressure they can’t double cover as much.
Reply/Quote