Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFN - No Trades - Updated NFL draft order
I am a fan of trading down but after this simulation I am good with staying where we are. This is a no trade by the Bengals simulation and was a play them as they laid for Cincinnati. If I don't say so myself this draft would be awesome for the Bengals and I personally would be thrilled with something close to this. See what ya think!

Round 1 - 5th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcBiUNogktHXm30StqsCq...A&usqp=CAU]

Rashawn Slater - OL - Northwestern - 6'4" 305

I love this selection even at #5. I have seen him compared to Jonah Williams and his versatility is second to none. His strength according to NFL.com is in the grown man category. Experienced at LT and RT yet virtually every resource states he could play any position on the line at an extremely high level and some stating center may be his best position. I would envision him at center and I would work him there from day 1 barring injury having to move him elsewhere. Arguably the most complete lineman in this draft. Awesome selection!

Round 2 - 38th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVnlnfemZwWxm4BE1AbMP...w&usqp=CAU]

Trey Smith - OG - Tennessee - 6'5" 320

This is a man! Has drawn comparisons to Bobbie Williams, a name all Bengals fans should be familiar with. A bit of a risk with family health history but if he checks out clean then worth it. Might be the most physical lineman in the draft. Not a flashy player just a road grader that is technically sound. With Slater and Smith added to this roster the O line should not be a weakness for this team and Burrow should enjoy staying clean.

Round 3 - 69th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLfWhAcOWSaNwj467YGvw...w&usqp=CAU]

Daviyon Nixon - DT - Iowa - 6'3" 305

I like that they brought in Ogunjobi to ease the loss of Geno but this eases the pain even more. Nixon is possibly the most underrated DT in the draft. Brings the same type of game at the 3 tech that Geno had only with more size. Having Ogunjobi will mean Nixon can begin working from a rotation but I would not be surprised to see him taking the majority of 3 tech snaps by the end of the season. A powerful player with violent hands and I have seen NFL sources saying he is not close to his ceiling at this time.

Round 4 - 111th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsAOeJlCdzvLCzQ0c_kD-...A&usqp=CAU]

Anthony Schwartz - WR - Auburn - 6' 0" 186

Bengals fans want a receiver that can exploit the vertical game and they get him here. This kid can flat fly. Will need to work with an NFL staff to continue to improve catch technique. Assessments of him frequently refer to him as solid as a route runner which is always a bonus with young wide receivers. There is no doubt this kid can get behind a defense, he just needs to put things together and be more consistent.

Round 5 - 149th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFkNnq2s4Lu-qnNkJ7vuj...w&usqp=CAU]

Chauncey Golston - DE - Iowa - 6'5" 270

Golton is an extremely solid DE who can step in immediately as a situational pass rusher and rotational DE with the potential to be a starting DE. Versatile and showed the ability at Iowa to slide inside to rush the passer on passing downs. A very solid pickup for this defense and a kid with a high ceiling. Will need to continue to get stronger at the point of attack and work on technique in shedding blockers. Nice pickup for this team at this point in the draft.

Round 6 - 190th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTamodDIWfGQokUnrG9zEK...w&usqp=CAU]

Trevon Grimes - WR - Florida - 6'4" 217

This is a pick of potential. Grimes was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. Freaky speed to go with his size having run 4.4s in the 40. With that said he has never been able to put it all together on a consistent basis while showing flashes of the ability everyone knows he has. Could be be a case of better Pro player than collegiate player? The talent and traits you can't coach are there but can he find a way to put it together?

Round 7 - 202nd Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs6k7u45R2adnWXqo6X_B...A&usqp=CAU]

Olaijah Griffin - CB - USC - 6'0" 175

Very good ball skills and plays with intensity. Has battled some injuries over his time at USC but when healthy has played extremely well. Slightly built and will need to add some bulk to his frame but that should happen in an NFL weight room. Good hips and fluid when transitioning. Could sneak on to the back end of the roster but likely a PS candidate with a decent ceiling.

Round 7 - 235th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK1o_3Xlgq6JtvkM-eCIz...A&usqp=CAU]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami(Fla.) - 5'10" 207

Very accurate with a big leg. Has shown a high % from beyond the 50 over his career and routinely registers touchbacks on kickoffs. Should definitely make a bid for the opening day kicking job.
Reply/Quote