Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFN Simulator - Pitts
So it probably isn't a secret that I have not been a fan of selecting Pitts. However, I have been watching more film and the idea is growing on me especially if we can trade down a few spots to do it. So here is a simulation with us selecting Pitts. See what you think. So at 5 Detroit offered a trade giving the Bengals the 7th and 72nd selections which I accepted. At 7 San Francisco offered the 12th and 43rd selections which I accepted.

Round 1 - 12th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.p0GChnP3YwGqbvGo2HQlCQHaEK&pid...=300&h=169]

Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida - 6'6" 248

It is hard to argue his production as well as it is hard to argue that he will create match up issues for defenses. He is a special athlete that has shown traits in the elite class with the ball in his hands. While he is not the best blocker at the position he is a willing blocker who should be able to continue to develop in that area. He does actually do a good job blocking at the second level clearing the way for other receivers or the RB. Will be a great weapon to have at the disposal of Burrow.

Round 2 - 38th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.PO-WVBV5NbFtupEpLsT47QAAAA&pid...=250&h=167]

Terrace Marshall - WR - LSU - 6'3" 200

Marshall brings and outstanding size and speed combination to the position. He is a receiver that can exploit the vertical game for an offense. Marshall will be a great addition to the pair of Boyd and Higgins. Adding Marshall and Pitts to this offense will make for an extremely dangerous passing attack at all levels.

Round 2 - 43rd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.0OtZ2w86RRvVX7HxOlxJ5QHaF-&pid...=220&h=178]

Daviyon Nixon - DT - Iowa - 6'3" 305

Arguably the most underrated DT prospect in this draft. The ceiling for Nixon is very high and many have stated that he is not even close to a completed project at this point. He attacks the position with outstanding athleticism and violent hands. Will push for playing time and beside Reader will make for a tough to handle interior D line.

Round 3 - 69th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.DGpYJ4LtYZbSbxPKyaKaDQHaEc&pid...=264&h=159]

Patrick Jones - DE - Pitt - 6'5" 264

A very well rounded DE that will work in a nice rotation with Hubbard and Hendrickson. Has shown consistency, high motor, and high football IQ. Has been extremely productive for the Panthers defense and will be an excellent addition to this D front.

Traded 72 to the Patriots for 96 and 109

Round 3 - 96th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.GSYR4dOaWddyG2wR0IxibQHaFj&pid...=216&h=163]

James Hudson - OT - Cincinnati - 6'4" 302

Hudson has just continued to develop his skills and raise his draft stock while starting at LT for the Bearcats. Good functional strength and exceptional athleticism at the position. While he is certainly an OT prospect could offer value on the interior of the O line in an effort to have five best linemen on the field. This is a draft for the future and a selection as a prospect to eventually take over one of the starting OT positions.

Round 4 - 109th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.lMD-W7hcHLHcnv2JAwsebwHaD4&pid...=310&h=164]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'1" 198

Williams has been a bright spot for the Syracuse defense. He has good size and length for the position and plays the position with aggression. Williams has the skills you look for in a physical shut down CB at the NFL level. Cincinnati has made some moves to upgrade the backend of the defense but Williams is the type of prospect that could push someone off the roster, be an immediate special teams presence and push for early playing time on defense.

Round 4 - 111th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.QqOmM-OWzOd8J-IxjaJuSAHaDt&pid...=327&h=164]

Kyle Trask - QB - Florida - 6'5" 240

Not a selection that I planned on but it was hard to pass on Trask at this point in the draft. The kid absolutely has an NFL arm and can drive the ball down the field. After dealing Finley it left things wide open to take a QB at some point in this draft. Trask is a good fit for what this team is doing. He has good instincts and is very accurate. Does not have the mobility of Burrow but possesses a good skillset to develop and have in the wings.

Round 5 - 149th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.D4sjR0nkbbTHRrNKpk9uoQHaEK&pid...=268&h=152]

Chuba Hubbard - RB - Oklahoma St. - 6'1" 207

Hubbard has been an absolute workhorse for the Cowboys offense and never seemed to run out of gas. This offense suffered when Mixon went down and did not have that presence to carry the ball in volume. Hubbard would fill that void and do it well. He has shown great vision, patience, and the ability to set up blocks. Accelerates quickly and has make you miss ability.

Round 6 - 190th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.siXgtiKLPyjL0hrpdAgtYwHaEK&pid...=303&h=171]

Jack Anderson - OG - Texas Tech - 6'5" 310

A powerful blocker that has been the model of consistency for Texas Tech and works with outstanding technique. Will he may not possess elite traits at the position there as well is no real weakness in his game. The type of player that is going to get a starting position at the NFL level and is going to keep it and perform at a high level for many years. Position versatility can play OG or center. I believe Anderson will be pushing for a starting position on the interior of this line. If Hopkins is not full go from his surgery then he could definitely make a bid for the starting center job. Even if he does not make the starting line up he will be a great player to have on the bench.

Round 6 - 202nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.iACLOFSUigKZEZ_Vnmnn6gHaE8&pid...=257&h=172]

Josh Kaindoh - DE - Florida St. - 6'6" 260

You can never have too many cover men or pass rushers in the NFL. Kaindoh possesses exceptional length and athleticism for the DE position but has had to deal with some injuries and inconsistency at the collegiate level. Kaindoh has the things that cannot be coached and has shown enough flashes to warrant a practice squad position as a development project.

Round 7 - 235th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.pIi230alEglAXgKyVdKg1gHaFF&pid...=244&h=168]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami

Borregales has proven to be highly accurate at the collegiate level as well as showing the ability to kick the long ball. Kicking comp and may the best man win.

Personally, I really like this draft.
Reply/Quote
I’d quit the Bengals if they did this. Two back up OL taken. We’d need to draft another qb the following year cause Joe wouldn’t survive a la David Carr. This is the kind of thinking that got Joe let year.
Reply/Quote
Can't go with a mock that trades down twice for extra picks. I know the sims throw out trade offers like candy at Halloween, but it's just not realistic. I can't even think of who would be on the board that the Lions would be desperate to jump the Eagles for since they don't need a QB and it's hard to envision SF moving up for presumably a QB when Track winds up free falling to the 4th round. Those issues aside, you get 5 picks in the top 100 and don't get an OL until the end of 3. You can't pass on Pitts at 12 and Marshall fills a big need at outside WR, but but you need someone to play G before then and Hudson is extremely raw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of trading back. I like the players you drafted. But, I would like to see the Oline addressed sooner.
Reply/Quote
Not realistic because pitts won't be there at 12
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 02:54 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Not realistic because pitts won't be there at 12

Agreed.  I'm thinking 7th pick the lowest past #5.

If the Bengals could swing this and move their second round pick up somehow to get better value O-Lineman or WR... I'd take that in a heartbeat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote