Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 1 MM
Feeling the need to do one :)  And I always like to do one before the Combine so I can see how much someone's stock changes.

Keep
Hall
A Jones
G Iloka

FA:
Alex Mack

Extend:
Zietler
Kirkpatrick

Round 1:
Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech

Round 2:
Michael Thomas WR OSU

Round 3:
Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma

Round 4:
Maurice Canady CB Virginia

Round 5:
Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

Round 6:
O.J. Mau DT Gardner-Webb

Round 7:
LaMichael Fanning DE Jacksonville State/Alabama

By signing Mack, that pretty much left the Offense to only needing a couple of WR's.
And since I didn't bring back our DL's (Thompson and Sims and Hunt not panning out) I went ahead and went heavy in that Department since it's a pretty deep draft for those positions.

Now I always know most of you never care much for my drafts Tongue
So here's another one that you can ignore!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Feeling the need to do one :)  And I always like to do one before the Combine so I can see how much someone's stock changes.

Keep
Hall
A Jones
G Iloka

FA:
Alex Mack

Extend:
Zietler
Kirkpatrick

Round 1:
Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech

Round 2:
Michael Thomas WR OSU

Round 3:
Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma

Round 4:
Maurice Canady CB Virginia

Round 5:
Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

Round 6:
O.J. Mau DT Gardner-Webb

Round 7:
LaMichael Fanning DE Jacksonville State/Alabama

By signing Mack, that pretty much left the Offense to only needing a couple of WR's.
And since I didn't bring back our DL's (Thompson and Sims and Hunt not panning out) I went ahead and went heavy in that Department since it's a pretty deep draft for those positions.

Now I always know most of you never care much for my drafts Tongue
So here's another one that you can ignore!

Eh, I'm not in love with it. Solid FA pick up in Mack and resigning a few key guys from our own roster however you could add another player or two via FA, but the draft has me confused, your first two picks would be great, both would be solid additions plus needs, but I'm not sure why you would go back to back WR and then draft a second DT, where is your LB and I would look to grab either a good C to push or replace Bodine or a G for Depth.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 09:57 PM)Crowe Wrote: Eh, I'm not in love with it. Solid FA pick up in Mack and resigning a few key guys from our own roster however you could add another player or two via FA, but the draft has me confused, your first two picks would be great, both would be solid additions plus needs, but I'm not sure why you would go back to back WR and then draft a second DT, where is your LB and I would look to grab either a good C to push or replace Bodine or a G for Depth.

I think Michael Thomas will be good, but I'm not sure he's ready yet, so I want him to focus on being a red zone target. Shepherd is ready, he's probably the best route runner in the whole draft, had great hands, is fast enough to stretch the field, tough and plays with a chip on his shoulder. His only knock is height. People forget, WR is in his blood. His Dad was a pretty decent WR too, but not as good as his son is.

We don't need a center to push Bodine, he will spend a year on the bench behind Mack.
OT/G we have Fisher, Trey Hopkins, Daryl Baldwin and TJ Johnson (and Bodine).
LB after Dawson, Burfict and Rey M, we have Luc, Hawk, Vinny Rey, Roach & DiManche.
I also already explained why I took 2 DT's and a DE. Tired of Sims and Thompson, time for new blood, and Of course Butler is my future Peko replacement.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 02:46 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think Michael Thomas will be good, but I'm not sure he's ready yet, so I want him to focus on being a red zone target. Shepherd is ready, he's probably the best route runner in the whole draft, had great hands, is fast enough to stretch the field, tough and plays with a chip on his shoulder. His only knock is height. People forget, WR is in his blood. His Dad was a pretty decent WR too, but not as good as his son is.

We don't need a center to push Bodine, he will spend a year on the bench behind Mack.
OT/G we have Fisher, Trey Hopkins, Daryl Baldwin and TJ Johnson (and Bodine).
LB after Dawson, Burfict and Rey M, we have Luc, Hawk, Vinny Rey, Roach & DiManche.
I also already explained why I took 2 DT's and a DE. Tired of Sims and Thompson, time for new blood, and Of course Butler is my future Peko replacement.

I think Michael Thomas could be really good and would give us big powerful WR to go with Green and Eifert. I don't know much about Shepard personally, but I've heard mixed things on him, quite honestly I'd rather draft one WR and give Alford, Kummerow, James Wright a chance and maybe look to bring in a guy like Brian Quick, Jermaine Kearse, or Riley Cooper. As for the DT, like I said I like your first round DT and for our roster Butler could help. Quite honestly we need to resign Thompson as he's young and a quality backup and I'd personally like to see the team cut Peko. If this were to happen you draft a guy like Butler and now your DT position looks something like Atking/Butler/Thompson/Hardison/D. Williams.

For the line situation if we were to sign Mack that would allow us to use Bodine as a guard which he might be better suited for, I still have hopes that Hopkins can get into the rotation as for TJ Johnson he can stay or go and Daryl Baldwin probably is nothing more than camp material.

When I look at our LB core, I see one good LB and that's Burfict. Maualuga is avg with Burfict there and below avg when he's not playing, I'm hoping that Dawson is what we all envisioned him as and he can come in and be a stud, outside of this there is nothing. Vinnie Rey is a solid backup that's it, Hawk is at the end of his career, DiManche is a special teams player only, the two wildcards are Luc and Roach, both had great college careers, but can they succeed at the NFL level, I personally hope so, I'm tired of our mediocre Linebackers and would love to go after Trevathon or the LB from Detroit as well as look to draft a guy like Derron Lee or Deion Jones unless Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith drop to us.
Reply/Quote
In theory it's good - expect the part about relying on rookies to fill the #2 and #3 WR spots as well as this team spending nearly $10 million per year on a free agent center.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In theory it's good - expect the part about relying on rookies to fill the #2 and #3 WR spots as well as this team spending nearly $10 million per year on a free agent center.

In theory, James Wright would be coming back from injury (iffy though), and Mario Alford would be entering his 2nd year.

But, Green/Wright, Rookie/Alford, and Rookie/TBD would be a bit inexperienced.

Maybe we would be featuring more 2 tight end sets with Eifert/Kroft/Uzimah/Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In theory it's good - expect the part about relying on rookies to fill the #2 and #3 WR spots as well as this team spending nearly $10 million per year on a free agent center.

Thanks,

But how is it any different than signing Jones and Sanu for about 9 mil total and keeping Bodine?

Mack is a huge upgrade over Bodine. The 2 Rookies allow us to let both Jones and Sanu walk.

The Rookies aren't needed RIGHT away. We have Green, Eifert and Gio as our 1,2,3.

Unfortunately it's not a perfect world though, so there's no telling if my guys will be there when it's time to pick anyways and my goal is for some of those smaller school guys to get some exposure to you guys.

Just looking at this Mock.
http://nfldraftgeek.com/2016nflmockdraft.html

1. DE Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma State (Butler was still on the board and taken 3 picks after ours).
2. WR Leonte Carroo Rutgers (Thomas was taken 3 picks before us).
3. WR Sterling Shephard Oklahoma

It's a shame the rest of the rounds aren't there. :)
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Thanks,

But how is it any different than signing Jones and Sanu for about 9 mil total and keeping Bodine?

Mack is a huge upgrade over Bodine. The 2 Rookies allow us to let both Jones and Sanu walk.

The Rookies aren't needed RIGHT away. We have Green, Eifert and Gio as our 1,2,3.

Unfortunately it's not a perfect world though, so there's no telling if my guys will be there when it's time to pick anyways and my goal is for some of those smaller school guys to get some exposure to you guys.

Just looking at this Mock.
http://nfldraftgeek.com/2016nflmockdraft.html

1. DE Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma State (Butler was still on the board and taken 3 picks after ours).
2. WR Leonte Carroo Rutgers (Thomas was taken 3 picks before us).
3. WR Sterling Shephard Oklahoma

It's a shame the rest of the rounds aren't there. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see that happen.

The difference?  This team never signs outside guys to those kinds of big deals, however they will shell out money for their own guys.
Reply/Quote
I just didn't want to ignore this cause you say everyone ignores your Mocks, so...

I would love it if this happened just cause of the Mack grab, after that it all good cause i like getting Mack.

It wouldn't happen but i would love it.

Would rather have Andrew Billings over Butler but hey, not terrible.

I like Michael Thomas in the 2nd and Shepard in the 3rd but i think we need to take a Linebacker earlier than this.

But hey, we got Mack... Ninja
Reply/Quote