Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT.com article: Dalton MVP Candidate
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/nfl-morning-after-andy-dalton-mvp-candidate/

There are some great lines in this article, but my favorite is " If you think he’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, you haven’t been paying attention".

Seemingly, there are lots of people STILL not paying attention.  And that is just fine.  I absolutely love this team.  And they don't need recognition to keep winning. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's something different, you can feel it.
Reply/Quote
Only Dalton could be the highest scoring fantasy football player and still not be owned in 25% of fantasy leagues. The blinders on some people are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Only Dalton could be the highest scoring fantasy football player and still not be owned in 25% of fantasy leagues. The blinders on some people are ridiculous.

ive been starting dalton for a few weeks now. (went undrafted) have aj and eifert on my other team
Reply/Quote
I didn't want this to become a fantasy thread, but I told my son that if he wanted to draft a QB to wait until the later round and draft Dalton. I told him that Dalton would outscore Manning this year. (Manning was drafted in the first round...hey, they are kids). That looks like pretty good advice at this point!
Reply/Quote
Never thought we'd see Dalton considered for the MVP, but he's been on fire. This is a completely different Dalton than what we've had before. Hopefully he keeps it up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Damn the brady and Rodgers fans (mainly pats fans are quick to try and probe brady is having a better season. The guy said a candidate not the front runner..

We haven't beaten a team over 500, but new England hant had a very tough schedule either. I think we can beat the pats at home and I think we have a chance at foxboro.

Just feels good to see dalton getting some love. Guy deserves it . Here's to hoping we make some noise in the playoffs this year assuming we get there.
Reply/Quote
NFL live just had this conversation...Jaws said yes he's MVP, Hasselback said overreaction what about Brady and Rogers but Andy is in the conversation, Herm said overreaction too early.

IMO, Brady and Rogers are having outstanding seasons but they are doing exactly what they were supposed to do and their teams are exactly where they were predicted. Andy is playing at a level no one expected and has the Bengals undefeated when most pundits had them 3rd place in the AFCN and out of the playoffs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:24 PM)pally Wrote: NFL live just had this conversation...Jaws said yes he's MVP, Hasselback said overreaction what about Brady and Rogers but Andy is in the conversation, Herm said overreaction too early.

IMO, Brady and Rogers are having outstanding seasons but they are doing exactly what they were supposed to do and their teams are exactly where they were predicted.  Andy is playing at a level no one expected and has the Bengals undefeated when most pundits had them 3rd place in the AFCN and out of the playoffs.

It is early, but my question is (so far) who's carrying who?  The team of the QB.  As good as Brady and Rogers are Dalton is the one of the three who is carrying his team. 

Could change in a minute, but up till now I'd give it to Andy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:24 PM)pally Wrote: NFL live just had this conversation...Jaws said yes he's MVP, Hasselback said overreaction what about Brady and Rogers but Andy is in the conversation, Herm said overreaction too early.

IMO, Brady and Rogers are having outstanding seasons but they are doing exactly what they were supposed to do and their teams are exactly where they were predicted.  Andy is playing at a level no one expected and has the Bengals undefeated when most pundits had them 3rd place in the AFCN and out of the playoffs.

I'm kind of with Hasselback. I'm elated he's in the conversation, but Dalton's weapons are better than Brady's, IMO and Brady's numbers are still slightly better. I don't need Andy to be the best QB in the league right now. Top 5 is fine with me. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I for one am not surprised by Andy's play. He's showed he can do it in the past. I'd be lying though if I said I thought or knew he'd play at this level but I always felt, and never waivered, that he could be a top 10 or better QB. On the old boards I believe I was the first to call him a 'gun slinger' but he's becoming so much more. I've heard his teammates reference his football IQ and nothing could be more obvious but I believe this has been evident since he came into the league.

Although it's still way too early, at this point I don't see how anyone could beat him for MVP. The other guys are having fine seasons, but that was expected from them. Nobody in the national press gave Andy or The Bengals a chance this year. If he continues to play at this level, he's a shoe-in to win the award.

In the same manner, Marvin is having another 'coach of the year' season.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:36 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: In the same manner, Marvin is having another 'coach of the year' season.

yeah but right now the leader for that is Dan Quinn of the Falcons.  We'll see if that holds up the rest of the season.  With the Falcons schedule they could end up with 13 or 14 wins which is a huge turnaround from last years 6-10 record.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: yeah but right now the leader for that is Dan Quinn of the Falcons.  We'll see if that holds up the rest of the season.  With the Falcons schedule they could end up with 13 or 14 wins which is a huge turnaround from last years 6-10 record.

Good call. Forgot about him and the turn around they've made. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:32 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I'm kind of with Hasselback. I'm elated he's in the conversation, but Dalton's weapons are better than Brady's, IMO and Brady's numbers are still slightly better. I don't need Andy to be the best QB in the league right now. Top 5 is fine with me. Rock On

Doesnt need league mvp

id be fine with SB mvp lol
Reply/Quote
Pretty damn sweet, but it is not like he doesn't deserve the mention. Dalton is playing with immense confidence
and this is his team that is 5-0 right now. Dalton's pocket awarness, passing in the seams, game management and
willpower has been better than any other QB in the league so far this season. Yes even better than Rodgers and
Brady. He has became a leader and it is not just the weapons why he has been so good.

The weapons definately help though of course but Dalton has been great in his own right.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/nfl-morning-after-andy-dalton-mvp-candidate/

There are some great lines in this article, but my favorite is " If you think he’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, you haven’t been paying attention".

Seemingly, there are lots of people STILL not paying attention.  And that is just fine.  I absolutely love this team.  And they don't need recognition to keep winning. 

Just before the season, a bunch of people called me a troll for having the audacity to claim that Dalton was a top QB.

Who's the troll now bitches?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesnt need league mvp

I think the Bengals have a real shot at being there....and Tate went back to being, well, Tate in the last game.  But (butt?) I did make a wager with some friends in my section that if Tate somehow wins the Super Bowl MVP (Desmond Howard did it with some amazing returns, right?)  that I have to have a tattoo of his likeness on my butt cheek.  I think I'm safe, but that is actually one bet I wouldn't mind losing.  They would be Super Bowl Champs...my butt could live with that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesnt need league mvp

That sounds good to me. Cheers
Reply/Quote
Brady, Rodgers, Dalton, and Freeman are all MVP candidates.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:59 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Just before the season, a bunch of people called me a troll for having the audacity to claim that Dalton was a top QB.

Who's the troll now bitches?

I don't think I was called a troll, but there were lots of other adjectives to describe my support of Dalton.  I don't care if people call me names, but I was amazed at the criticism leveled at him for the playoff performances.  It is as though they only parroted what they heard from assbags like Colin Cowherd?  And these are Bengals fans?

It makes me happy to see Dalton getting a standing ovation at Bengals Line and to hear that people started arriving at 1pm for a 6pm show.  It isn't about me needing to say "I told you so", it is about the fan base supporting Dalton and being so excited about this team.  I love it.  Feels like we are all on the same path now...and it is a winning path.
Reply/Quote