Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Across the AFC's Fandoms
With a couple of exceptions, they all want the Bengals to win. Well, actually they all want the Chiefs to lose so the Bengals are the choice by default. However, to a board, none think we have a shot...this year.

An overwhelmingly common topic, especially among those midtier/almost playoff teams is how do we compete with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Herbert. They don't see the Ravens and Jackson as a threat. What do their teams have to do because if they don't get massively better they will be also runs for some time to come. This was a big topic among our AFCN rivals. One of the Browns' board had 4 or 5 separate topics talking about Burrow and the Bengals. Ravens, of course, think they have the least to do.

The bad teams want to be us. They want to draft a hotshot QB and be able to rebuild through the draft and free agency just like the Bengals did. This is sprinkled in among discussions on their future head coaches and GMs

edit: and by far and away the Chiefs board is the rudest, most crass, ugly, arrogant, and with the least intelligent football discussions among the fandoms.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Chiefs were beat. If the other 30 teams were put in that position, I doubt they would screw that up.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
What teams should do is Look at what the 49ers did against the Packers and compy that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
i wouldnt sleep on the ravens and jackson especially if the team isnt leading the league in IR.... Team just runs people over when healthy.

Colts get a QB to go with that run game and they will be in the conversation all year next year too
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i wouldnt sleep on the ravens and jackson especially if the team isnt leading the league in IR....  Team just runs people over when healthy.

Colts get a QB to go with that run game and they will be in the conversation all year next year too

Good points... especially Indy. The Titans played like 90 different players this year and got a bye. That was a helluva job coaching down there, IMO. They'll be back.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i wouldnt sleep on the ravens and jackson especially if the team isnt leading the league in IR....  Team just runs people over when healthy.

On the Colts board it was definitely all about the QB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:28 PM)pally Wrote: On the Colts board it was definitely all about the QB

Andrew Luck would be firmly in his prime right now with that team. They'd be scary as hell in the AFC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:57 PM)pally Wrote: With a couple of exceptions, they all want the Bengals to win.  Well, actually they all want the Chiefs to lose so the Bengals are the choice by default.  However, to a board, none think we have a shot...this year.

An overwhelmingly common topic, especially among those midtier/almost playoff teams is how do we compete with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Herbert.  They don't see the Ravens and Jackson as a threat.  What do their teams have to do because if they don't get massively better they will be also runs for some time to come.  This was a big topic among our AFCN rivals.  One of the Browns' board had 4 or 5 separate topics talking about Burrow and the Bengals.  Ravens, of course, think they have the least to do.

The bad teams want to be us.  They want to draft a hotshot QB and be able to rebuild through the draft and free agency just like the Bengals did.  This is sprinkled in among discussions on their future head coaches and GMs

edit:  and by far and away the Chiefs board is the rudest, most crass, ugly, arrogant, and with the least intelligent football discussions among the fandoms.

AFC has a lot of good young QBs (under 30 years old).
Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, even Jackson (when you add his running ability).

There could definitely be a changing of the guard for Super Bowls, especially after Brady and Rodgers retire.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Everyone loves rooting for the Underdog and even though Joey Franchise said he's tired of that narrative they will still be the underdog until they lift the Lombardi.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone loves rooting for the Underdog and even though Joey Franchise said he's tired of that narrative they will still be the underdog until they lift the Lombardi.

Hell, I'd be inclined to think people will STILL peg them as the underdog if they did lift the Lombardi this year.  A lot of "yes, but" to go around, while also admitting they "could" be the next great team if they fix the O-line.  I don't see a lot of people giving them the title of best no matter what they do this year.  It'll be more about sustainability.  It's really hard to change perceptions as we've seen from a lot of media over the past few weeks. 
Reply/Quote
Finding your franchise QB is definitely the key to have more consistent success. You want to win? You have to find the QB. If you don't have the QB, it nearly doesn't matter how good everything else is unless you have an all-time defense or insane weapons around your QB. That's really it. The Titans are not a Super Bowl caliber team with Tannehill at QB, it doesn't matter how good Henry is and the same goes for the Colts. Is Taylor an absolute stud RB? Yes, he is, best in the league this season. Doesn't matter a single bit, they didn't even make the playoffs with a top 10 defense by points allowed and an above average defense in advanced metrics. Carson Wentz wasn't good enough this season. Same with the Browns, so on and so forth.

It's a lame and boring answer but that's pretty much it. Find your QB, get weapons around him and then protect him. If you have a good QB with good weapons, you have a punchers chance against anyone. Problem is that good QBs are hard to find, so it is just a waiting game for your turn to come back around to draft one and hopefully hit.
Reply/Quote
Vikings fans on their message board think we have a shot. 538 had an interesting article before playoffs think we are better than our overall numbers suggest. 1 die hard Ravens fan on you tube thinks we are a lock to win it all this year just like the year they were 7.5 point underdogs to the Pats when they won it all.
Reply/Quote