Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PI calls get reviewable.
(03-29-2019, 01:05 PM)McC Wrote: I don't disagree.  But he was the one who wouldn't let it go

Would you?

(03-29-2019, 01:05 PM)McC Wrote: As to cynical, I'm trying to remember the last time a big rule change outside safety issues was a hit, so to speak.

I guess that's a matter of perspective. I for example kind of like the longer extra point.

(03-29-2019, 01:05 PM)McC Wrote: And the very fact that they didn't make that call says it all about officiating.  So many calls are judgement calls and no two guys call it alike.

I'd say almost every two guys would have called that one alike. Those on the fields blunderd monstrously. And in that case, a replay would immediately have made that clear to everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
kinda agree with Sherman here

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/29/richard-sherman-on-replay-for-pi-now-they-can-control-the-outcome-as-they-see-fit/

games now firmly in the refs hands
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 07:42 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I disagree with the quality refs part. I've been saying for years the refs in the NFL are too old. I mean the average age has to be 60+ years old. The speed of the game is too much. There needs to be a push to get younger officials on the field. That certainly won't make every call right, but I think it would help.

I still would disagree on new refs.. here is why.. the NFL rule are very complex and like a judge with the rule of law, it takes time to develop those strong interpretations of the rule book just like law.. I prefer to have more experience and also just because someone is young does not mean they are fit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/29/richard-sherman-on-replay-for-pi-now-they-can-control-the-outcome-as-they-see-fit/

games now firmly in the refs hands

Even more so than previously. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's not the Bengals who didn't vote for it, it's Mike Brown. We're going to get smoked this year, bottom of the division. Hope not but we're in the same disarray as the rest of the teams with a worse roster.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote