Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ Dawson promoted
(12-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We made the playoffs so many times thanks to the drafting of guys like Green, Dalton, Bernard, Dunlap, Atkins, Eifert and scooping up Burfict. None of which happened over the last 3 years.

The last few drafts have been underwhelming, IMO, and that's partially why we're 5-8-1 right now. The flop of Ogbuehi alone was arguably the biggest reason for this disappointing season. 

I agree with this we have a top 5 Wr, top 5 tight end, top 5 linebacker picked up udfa, top 5dt, and arguebly top 5 DE. The problem is getting all the rest to be good enough to get over the hump.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great I hope we get to see him on several snaps. I'd say it's likely Vigil will be getting his share as well.

I will be really surprised if Dawson gets anything other than special team snaps. Vigil will be the one to pick up any extra playing times on the defense.
Reply/Quote
Og flopping so badly was definitely a big issue, so was waiting so long to replace him. And let's not forget Bodine's contribution to the OL fiasco. Then there are the problems on defense all season long with truly awful play from both linebackers and safeties. Then you get to the terrible coaching on game day. And so on and so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hope he is something close to the player many here were hyping him to be.

And several NFL scouts that called him the most instinctual linebacker in his draft class...but we haven't seen much action out of him at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:39 PM)jimbengals Wrote: I will be really surprised if Dawson gets anything other than special team snaps. Vigil will be the one to pick up any extra playing times on the defense.

Unless they are designing a new defense, someone has to be on the field with him at LB?  Rey is beat up as well.  
Reply/Quote
About time. I predict he'll play as well as Jerome Simpson did in his first two games at the end of 2010. Mostly because, y'know... Marvin Lewis  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 09:47 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: About time. I predict he'll play as well as Jerome Simpson did in his first two games at the end of 2010. Mostly because, y'know... Marvin Lewis  Whatever

I predict that you are 100% wrong.

Mostly because y'know......history.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We made the playoffs so many times thanks to the drafting of guys like Green, Dalton, Bernard, Dunlap, Atkins, Eifert and scooping up Burfict. None of which happened over the last 3 years.

The last few drafts have been underwhelming, IMO, and that's partially why we're 5-8-1 right now. The flop of Ogbuehi alone was arguably the biggest reason for this disappointing season. 

I do not study draft results for other teams, but I do know drafting can often be 'hit and miss'.  Sometimes players do not live up to their college performances in the NFL, (Archie Griffin), and sometimes players drafted very 'low' in the draft, become the very best (Tom Brady).

Based on college performances, the one head scratcher in recent Bengals drafting would be Og.  According to reports, he really wasn't a stud in college and not sure what the Bengals saw in him, but outside of that one, I think the Bengals do very well or so many wouldn't have tried to get Tobin.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict that you are 100% wrong.

Mostly because y'know......history.

If I recall correctly you said something similar about Jerome starting against San Diego that night... Something like "he won't perform nearly as well as everyone thinks". I actually agreed with you then too. 

We shall see soon enough. 
Reply/Quote