Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals***
Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6, 6th Seed)   vs.   Cincinnati Bengals (12-4, 3rd Seed)

AFC Wild Card Round
Saturday, January 9th, 8:15 PM on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Oh

[Image: Playoffs_2015_WEB-300x204.png]
[Image: steelers-at-bengals-generic-graphic.jpg]
[Image: bengals-steelers.jpg]

How the Bengals can beat the Steelers to finally win a playoff game (Coley Harvey)

Playoffs, prime time and Pittsburgh. These are three things the Cincinnati Bengals simply haven't handled well in recent years.

But if they want to finally put an end to a playoff victory drought that has spanned 25 years, the Bengals must conquer all three Saturday night when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers in a wild-card-round playoff game under the lights. The 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff will be the Bengals' fifth in prime time this season. They won only one of the other four and dropped the other three by a combined 10 points.

Since Marvin Lewis became their head coach in 2003, the Bengals are 16-44 against the combination of playoffs, prime time and Pittsburgh (0-6 in the playoffs, 8-19 in prime-time games and 8-19 against Pittsburgh in the regular season). In seven nighttime games against the Steelers, the Bengals have just one win; a 2013 Monday night victory in Cincinnati.

How can the Bengals get prime-time win No. 2 against the Steelers? By having the following happen: Full Article
Reply/Quote
Eff you Pissburgh.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey   WhoDey2  WhoDey2  WhoDey2  WhoDey2  :nicethread:
Reply/Quote
Kick some Squeeler ass.

Who Dey WhoDey2 Tiger
Reply/Quote
What's the point of Ike taylor doing these previews? I can call up steelers.com if I want the homer viewpoint.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's the point of Ike taylor doing these previews?   I can call up steelers.com if I want the homer viewpoint.

Yeah, he's not exactly impartial, but he did have an interesting stat about when Jeremy carries 15 or more times. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's the point of Ike taylor doing these previews? I can call up steelers.com if I want the homer viewpoint.

(01-05-2016, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, he's not exactly impartial, but he did have an interesting stat about when Jeremy carries 15 or more times. 

His swag levels are just so far through the roofs it's hard to resist putting him on tv.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: His swag levels are just so far through the roofs it's hard to resist putting him on tv.

He mumbles and sounds incoherent at times. He is great on the dameshek show and on gameday blitz. But that's about it . They should just leave the speaking to MJD, and just let Ike sit there as part of MJD's posse.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, he's not exactly impartial, but he did have an interesting stat about when Jeremy carries 15 or more times. 

Well with fisher as a full time H-B/FB now ...  I see loads of big sets which Hill should flourish. And will provide a lot of time to throw with the extra beef In protection.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He mumbles and sounds incoherent at times.

And he's much, much improved even from just a year or two ago.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I at least hope the Bengals get it done. I think we're done against Washington. Pittsburgh is on fire though and I don't like the matchup. The good thing is AJ played against them already so he has film on them.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: And he's much, much improved even from just a year or two ago.

That's scary lol.

I think he will end up on steelers.com the more newer retired players will hurt him at NFL.com .
Reply/Quote
McCarron gives us the first playoff victory in 25 years.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It's only Wednesday, and I'm a nervous wreck. By Saturday I'll be throwing up. Nervous
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:45 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's only Wednesday, and I'm a nervous wreck.  By Saturday I'll be throwing up.   Nervous

I am looking forward to this game . It can't come soon enough for me either.
Reply/Quote
I added another video to the OP. It's called 'Vengeance' and it highlights the history between the two teams going back to '05. I thought it was pretty well done and got me even more pumped for this game, if that's even possible. Excited

I also added a video from ESPN First Take where they talk about the game. Stephen A. Smith is such a loud mouth and Steelers homer. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I added another video to the OP. It's called 'Vengeance' and it highlights the history between the two teams going back to '05. I thought it was pretty well done and got me even more pumped for this game, if that's even possible.  Excited

I also added a video from ESPN First Take where they talk about the game. Stephen A. Smith is such a loud mouth and Steelers homer. Rolleyes

Holic, I like you. You seem like a good guy. A hard worker. Probably someone I would hang out with.

Yet, you post a Stephen A. Smith video. That's ban worthy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Let's just change that title real quick
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Holic, I like you. You seem like a good guy. A hard worker. Probably someone I would hang out with.

Yet, you post a Stephen A. Smith video. That's ban worthy.

So, you're saying you didn't enjoy the sound of Stephen A power slurping Steeler knob?  LOL

Seriously, after the Bengals end the Steelers season on Saturday night, I can't wait to see that ass clown eating some serious crow. 

I know it's a primetime game, against a team that's owned us at PBS, but I'm feeling really confident that the Bengals are going to win this one. 
Reply/Quote
In general ESPN pretty much sucks when it comes to NFL coverage.    I do enjoy Coley Harvey's coverage and most of the NFL nation reporters we see on his videos.

Pretty much I stay on NFL network.
Reply/Quote