Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals***
We. Got. ****** !!!! Period !

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers got away with a few calls no doubt, but, if Hill doesn't fumble Bengals win. I wonder if Gio wasn't hurt if he would have been running the ball at that time since Hill has a penchant for fumbling?
Reply/Quote
Well guys/gals none of this would have happened had we stopped them on 4th and 3 and, of course, our DB's couldn't do it. That was a play where you blitz the hell out of Roth, but they played it conservatively
Reply/Quote
People can laugh at me all they want, but this game is a perfect example of the NFL having an agenda and the teams they want to move on to the playoffs and the Super Bowl. If you are going to have instant re-play, why not have it for any big play/call? For these officials to blatantly miss multiple personal fouls on the Steelers, but call close ones on the Bengals, it sure looks to me like the Steelers were supposed to win.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:32 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Well guys/gals none of this would have happened had we stopped them on 4th and 3 and, of course, our DB's couldn't do it.  That was a play where you blitz the hell out of Roth, but they played it conservatively

True.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:29 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Joey Porter agitated the situation and yet they only flag Jones. That was a flag both or neither but what else do you expect out of a bias officiating crew.

Except Jones pushed an official. I'm obviously not defending the Steelers or the officials. Jones should've backed away and left it alone. The bulk of the team were able to keep their heads and do just that. Jones and Burfict got out of control.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Absolutely pitiful. the refs decided that game,

Absolutely the refs decided that game AFTER your boy burfict smacked Antonion Brown in the head purposely. 

Did I say burfict lost that game for you? 

He did. 

He deserves the fine he gets and he deserves the suspension he gets. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:31 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Steelers got away with a few calls no doubt, but, if Hill doesn't fumble Bengals win. I wonder if Gio wasn't hurt if he would have been running the ball at that time since Hill has a penchant for fumbling?

No doubt about it.  I still don't understand why they didn't just kneel three plays and make the squealers use their timeout and then kick the fg?????  That was Marvin Lewis/Hugh Jackson bullshit right there.  Sheer stupidity
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:31 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: We may have seem the play differently, but we're saying the same thing. Tonight was a debacle. The game was won. Then the Bengals went Bengals.

Yep.  And I am not surprised.

Reply/Quote
What was the issue with the Steeler coach (or medical guy) pushing Burfict's hand away as he was trying to apologize?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: No !!!!!!! We got ***** !!!!!!!

By the refs, the players, and the coaches.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: Absolutely the refs decided that game AFTER your boy burfict smacked Antonion Brown in the head purposely. 

He did. 

As do those crooked refs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: Absolutely the refs decided that game AFTER your boy burfict smacked Antonion Brown in the head purposely. 

He did. 

LOL  and Brown deserved the concussion he got and Ben deserved the sprained shoulder he got.  Not just this gamer but Pittsburgh has been a cheap shot, sleazy team against every team they played this year, and although Pitt left with a win they didn't leave unscathed.  Ben with a gimpy shoulder and Brown with a concussion.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer team lol. Hilarious
Enjoy thew win, because the squealers definitely paid the price for it.
Reply/Quote
Where do I begin.

I've never been a fire Marvin/Screw Mike Brown guy. I'm actually a pretty rational guy. I've been a Bengal fan since the beginning I've seen it all. Two Super Bowl losses. Years of being really, really, bad. Some good years. Today was an all time low. I literally can't take being a fan of this team anymore. It is draining. I'm 57 years old and I don't think I can take it anymore. Before you post telling me good riddance/get off this page; think of the fact I've been a Bengal's fan since the beginning. What I saw today was inexcusable. Pacman is ; well, Pacman. He is by nature a thug. Never been anything different. The hostility you saw that resulted in the personal foul penalty at the end is what he is. Burfict is an amazing football player. He too, however, is a thug . If that's what you want the identity of the team you cheer for to be, well you got it. He is a talented football player but he is out of control. But they are not really to blame. Football is emotional. It is up to the coaching staff to get ALL of the players to where they not only understand that, but can perform without being idiots. The coaching staff failed. Marvin Lewis failed.

It truly is the time to blow this team up. Marvin is a loser. Hue Jackson is a loser . They will always be loser and management should understand this. Who gives a shit if they win the division. Not one single playoff win. I hope Hue gets a Head Coaching job and takes Marvin with him as his D/C. I hope all of you can appreciate what it feels like to be a 57 year old guy, sitting in his Bengals sweats, tee shirt, sweat shirt watching this b.s. I know you all have you're own suffering story. I feel for each of you. Screw next year. There will be no next year for this cat. Congratulations you pieces of crap, you did it. You drove one of your most loyal fans away.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:34 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What was the issue with the Steeler coach (or medical guy) pushing Burfict's hand away as he was trying to apologize?

He figured since two Steelers coaches already went after Bengals players physically, why shouldn't he get in on the act?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry if you watched this game and expected differently.  I on the other hand expected this and I didn't watch one second.  I've not missed a game in I don't know how long but I flat out refused to watch tonight.  With this group of coaches this team will always fumble in the crucial moment or get a penalty or have a breakdown in coverage.  That's been this team for years under Marvin Lewis.  This team has been a joke ever since Mike Brown took control.  12-4 regular season and they blow the playoff game with less than 2 minutes left.  Hill needs cut, period.  Only the Cincinnati Bengals can be 12-4 and still find a way to be the joke of the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
Also that Steelers TD was not a TD. Dude was bobbling the ball. By the time he had control he didn't get two feet in. No way was that a TD.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:32 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: True.

...and Pitt would have needed a TD to win if Rey wouldn't have dropped that easy pick right into his hands earlier that Pitt eventually kicked a FG on.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:16 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Brown has a concussion, but, you know he will magically be back for next week's game somehow.

Funnily enough, none of the bungles will be back next week. 

Sorry. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: No doubt about it.  I still don't understand why they didn't just kneel three plays and make the squealers use their timeout and then kick the fg?????  That was Marvin Lewis/Hugh Jackson bullshit right there.  Sheer stupidity

This.  Right.  Here.

I don't care how badly you want a first down to clinch the game, you have been giftwrapped a gimme FG on what, around the 20 yard line?

Kneel.  Steelers timeout.  Kneel.  Steelers timeout.  Kneel.  Steelers timeout.  Field goal.  Kickoff.  Roethlisberger can't throw the ball down the field more than 40 yards, play the sidelines, make a couple tackles in bounds, you win the game.

Bengals would have been up 4, requiring the Steelers to go length of the field with no timeouts.

That is such sorry coaching, and such a waste of McCarron's gutsy performance at the end of that game.
Reply/Quote