Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals***
(01-10-2016, 02:53 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Well the thing is, is that it was pinned against his leg the entire time whether moving or not.  We had a similar call go our way against Cleveland or Baltimore.

His hand came off of it after he had the second foot down.  That is a lack of possession.  It was pretty clear in the replay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: His hand came off of it after he had the second foot down.  That is a lack of possession.  It was pretty clear in the replay.

Hmmmmmm....have to look again.  If his hand came off the ball then you're right.  However, if his hand stayed on the ball the whole time and the ball was pinned on his leg by his hand and he maintained control that would be a catch.
Reply/Quote
You know, there is one more play where Pitt should have gotten penalized for a late hit. Anyone remember when Eifert caught the ball and was taken down and as soon as he hit the ground one of those squealer pos defensive backs dove on the ground and hit him? Cheap shot and should have been a late hit, but wasn't called. Also, hindsight being 20/20, Brown clearly fell downward into position for his head to get nailed by VB.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's good to see that Porter is so concerned about Brown that he's near a group of Bengals, running his mouth. 

At least you're the type to call this kind of stuff out. Mellow

He wasn't supposed to be on the field....total hack job by the officials. Also, why a defensive coach "checking on" an offensive player? It's usually the position coach or HC.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/01/10/heres-the-rule-officials-ignored-with-joey-porter-to-give-steelers-win-over-bengals/

Also....Stoolers gave Porter game ball.
http://uproxx.com/sports/pittsburgh-steelers-game-ball-joey-porter/

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:42 AM)U Matt_Crimson Wrote: I swear if we lose this I'm throwing my TV.

Did you get it on video 
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: burfict:

"Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and the Steelers have gotten under one another’s skin this season.

Burfict’s celebration of a hit that injured Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell in the first meeting of the year between the teams drew the ire of the Steelers. Their reaction, including threats on social media, rankled the Bengals, leading to a pregame scrap between the teams last month and a low hit by Burfict on Ben Roethlisberger kept the temperature high after that game was over.

Based on Burfict’s response to questions about facing the Steelers to open the playoffs on Wednesday, it hasn’t gone down in the intervening weeks.

“I hate Pittsburgh,” Burfict said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s not personal. That’s just the way it is.”

That man needs medicated.

I'm just glad Antonio Brown is still alive.
Rolleyes All those prayers by his teammates probably pulled him through.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: porter.0.gif]

Man I already hated Joey Porter from his days as a player. Rant
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: porter.0.gif]

Man I already hated Joey Porter from his days as a player. Rant

Ha...  Gilberry says "Get your ass back on the sideline".

You can tell Burfict is asking the refs "Why is he out here"...  Unbelievable.

I agree. I have always hated Porter.  My hatred for that team had kinda waned over the years because those ass hats were gone it's back now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict suspended three games by NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621200/article/vontaze-burfict-suspended-three-games-by-nfl
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:52 PM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: Vontaze Burfict suspended three games by NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621200/article/vontaze-burfict-suspended-three-games-by-nfl

Good. That will help him stay healthy. We'll need him to kick Steeler ass down the stretch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote