Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals***
(01-10-2016, 02:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I actually would have ran the ball like they did if Gio were in the game. At the very least, I would have had Burkhead run it. Hill fumbles way too much.

When you run the ball you always risk a fumble.  Hell, everyone knew the squealers were going to try and strip the ball on the run.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:40 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: LOL  and Brown deserved the concussion he got and Ben deserved the sprained shoulder he got.  Not just this gamer but Pittsburgh has been a cheap shot, sleazy team against every team they played this year, and although Pitt left with a win they didn't leave unscathed.  Ben with a gimpy shoulder and Brown with a concussion.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer team lol. Hilarious
Enjoy thew win, because the squealers definitely paid the price for it.

What is "thew win?" 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:48 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: You can bet the hit on Bernard draws a big fine and if the nfl has any balls a suspension.  Call that play right and it is first and goal Bengals.  At worst a chip shot.  You are so full of shit it is unbelievable.  Yes Burfict deserved the penalty, yes jones did but there no doubt that was an illegal hit on Bernard.  The former supervisor of nfl officials said without question it was a PF.

Well then, it should have been called. 

Guess they missed that then, huh? 

There's ALWAYS a penalty or two missed... 

See you next year. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:14 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: What is "thew win?" 

It's a typing error like everyone else makes when they're typing fast, except you.  You actually thought it should be "Your."  Hilarious
This is the difference between and idiot and someone who is merely typing too fast.
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:21 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: It's a typing error like everyone else makes when they're typing fast, except you.  You actually thought it should be "Your."  Hilarious
This is the difference between and idiot and someone who is merely typing too fast.
Hilarious

Guess you missed the point. 

It wasn't even "thew win." 

It was "thew LOSS." 

Oh well. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)PApinhead Wrote: What did he say?

Said burfict hit on brown was clean.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:49 AM)Housh Wrote: I'll say if your holding the ball with control in a fashion where it is clear you and only you have it that you the catch. Aka if I catch a ball with 2 feet in and it's between my legs and I flip Into the end zone and I don't bobble it's a catch 

He didn't control it until he was out of bounds. While he was in bounds, the ball was rolling around on his leg. So he didn't have control while he was inbounds.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:56 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: He didn't control it until he was out of bounds. While he was in bounds, the ball was rolling around on his leg. So he didn't have control while he was inbounds.
GO STRIPES!!!

Thought the same thing. Ball was moving and once he secured it he only got one foot down.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ...Then add in Jones running his mouth and doing whatever he did...

This right here, a potential deciding factor of the outcome of this game, I'm still very confused about.  Does anyone know exactly why a Pittsburgh coach could be on the field hassling our players and trying to get a rise out of them for a penalty (are coaches even allowed on the field?) and what exactly led to a 15 yard penalty from something I guess he SAID?  If it was all deserved, I guess that's on them, but I sure don't understand why a coach can be on the field and our guy says something that results in a game deciding penalty.  Can ANYONE explain this to me?  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:12 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: This right here, a potential deciding factor of the outcome of this game, I'm still very confused about.  Does anyone know exactly why a Pittsburgh coach could be on the field hassling our players and trying to get a rise out of them for a penalty (are coaches even allowed on the field?) and what exactly led to a 15 yard penalty from something I guess he SAID?  If it was all deserved, I guess that's on them, but I sure don't understand why a coach can be on the field and our guy says something that results in a game deciding penalty.  Can ANYONE explain this to me?  

The coach was Joey Porter who went out to help check on Brown. He started talking crap and instigated crap that ended with Jones barely pushing him and thus the flag.  Should have been offsetting.
Reply/Quote
Porters been fined for leaving the touch line. Small price to pay for gaining the game winning penalty though. Cheating ****
Reply/Quote
It wasn't Jeremy Hill's fumble which cost Cincinnati the game. It wasn't the bad calls. It wasn't Vincent Rey's non-interception. It wasn't the stupid pick AJ McCarron threw. It wasn't the hit by Ryan Shazier on Gio Bernard. It wasn't the coaches' inability to control the players. It wasn't the referees. It wasn't Joey Porter. It wasn't Adam Jones.

It was all of these things and more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:06 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Thought the same thing. Ball was moving and once he secured it he only got one foot down.

Correct.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:28 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: Guess you missed the point. 

It wasn't even "thew win." 

It was "thew LOSS." 

Oh well. 

Uh no, it was "thew win."
I took it that you are a squealers fan, so it would be "thew win" in that regard.  Why would I tell another bengal fan to enjoy "thew win?"
If you aren't a squealers fan then you should become one.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:53 AM)Seaneh Wrote: Porters been fined for leaving the touch line. Small price to pay for gaining the game winning penalty though. Cheating ****

I just watched the replay on Porter.  Notice how the squealers player jumped up and cheered when Jones got the flag?  I'm not so sure that what Porter did wasn't planned.  I would not be surprised if Tomlin told him to go out there and instigate in an attempt to draw a flag.  Any penalty drawn by Porter will be reimbursed by an unknown source.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:06 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Thought the same thing. Ball was moving and once he secured it he only got one foot down.

Well the thing is, is that it was pinned against his leg the entire time whether moving or not.  We had a similar call go our way against Cleveland or Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:19 AM)cinci4life Wrote: The coach was Joey Porter who went out to help check on Brown. He started talking crap and instigated crap that ended with Jones barely pushing him and thus the flag.  Should have been offsetting.

Whatever Porter said Jones MUST no better than to go at him with the officials right there.  Heck, Burfict was going to go at him too but Jones got there first!

Dumb play by the Bengals.  Lewis should have had them ALL on the sidelines and away from the Steelers players until AB was off the field.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whatever Porter said Jones MUST no better than to go at him with the officials right there.  Heck, Burfict was going to go at him too but Jones got there first!

Dumb play by the Bengals.  Lewis should have had them ALL on the sidelines and away from the Steelers players until AB was off the field.

It's good to see that Porter is so concerned about Brown that he's near a group of Bengals, running his mouth. 

At least you're the type to call this kind of stuff out. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's good to see that Porter is so concerned about Brown that he's near a group of Bengals, running his mouth. 

At least you're the type to call this kind of stuff out. Mellow

yeah, it wasn't as Porter was walking away and the Bengals came around him.  Mellow

At least I can post visual evidence of what happened and not what is remembered in a drunken stupor.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: yeah, it wasn't as Porter was walking away and the Bengals came around him.  Mellow

At least I can post visual evidence of what happened and not what is remembered in a drunken stupor.  Mellow

That's not visual evidence of anything other than Porter being on the field illegally, Perry Mason.

Reply/Quote