Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PLAYOFF PICTURE
What is the best scenarios we need to happen?? Also what is best for the Stoolers not to make it?? Thanks Guys and Gals...

WHO DEY!!

Hope everybody is having a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!! And we have a GREAT SUNDAY!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is the best scenarios we need to happen??  Also what is best for the Stoolers not to make it??  Thanks Guys and Gals...

WHO DEY!!

Hope everybody is having a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!  And we have a GREAT SUNDAY!!!
Jets and Chiefs continue to win. The Denver /Pittsburgh game is a win /win for the Bengals in my mind, although I want Denver to beat them tomorrow. 

Reply/Quote
Chefs, Jets, Steelers

And hopefully the Broncos game will be physical and both team come out limping.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs need to win out. Even if the Jets win out, they could still miss the playoffs due to tie-breaker situations with the Steelers.

The Bengals want the Broncos to beat the Steelers, and then the Bengals to beat the Broncos. That way Dalton gets an extra week of rest and possibly have the Steelers out of the playoffs.

The main thing I'm worried about with the Steelers is injuries. Both teams end up losing players every time they play anymore.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
So if we win today, do we clinch the division? I swear I saw that at the bottom of the screen on NFLN yesterday. Anybody know? Or maybe it said we clinch a playoff berth? I can't remember.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:27 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So if we win today, do we clinch the division?  I swear I saw that at the bottom of the screen on NFLN yesterday.  Anybody know?  Or maybe it said we clinch a playoff berth?  I can't remember.

From the fox 19 app 
Bengals playoff scenarios: AFC North crown in sight http://www.fox19.com/story/30794804/bengals-playoff-scenarios-afc-north-crown-in-grasp

The Bengals enter Sunday's action needing only one more win to secure the team's fifth straight playoff berth and potentially a guaranteed home game.  

A win by the Dallas Cowboys Saturday night over the New York Jets would have put the Bengals in the playoffs, but a late field goal by Randy Bullock of New York finished off the Cowboys 19-16. 

The result means the Bengals still need one more win, or a Kansas City loss, to officially clinch. The Bengals could also be crowned the AFC North champs if they take care of business and Pittsburgh loses to Denver. 

Bengals clinch playoff spot with:
  • CIN win OR
  • KC loss OR
  • CIN tie + KC tie
Bengals clinch AFC North with:
  • CIN win or tie + PIT tie
  • PIT loss 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:44 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: From the fox 19 app 
Bengals playoff scenarios: AFC North crown in sight http://www.fox19.com/story/30794804/bengals-playoff-scenarios-afc-north-crown-in-grasp

The Bengals enter Sunday's action needing only one more win to secure the team's fifth straight playoff berth and potentially a guaranteed home game.  

A win by the Dallas Cowboys Saturday night over the New York Jets would have put the Bengals in the playoffs, but a late field goal by Randy Bullock of New York finished off the Cowboys 19-16. 

The result means the Bengals still need one more win, or a Kansas City loss, to officially clinch. The Bengals could also be crowned the AFC North champs if they take care of business and Pittsburgh loses to Denver. 

• CIN win OR
  • KC loss OR
  • CIN tie + KC tie

• PIT loss 

Thanks my friend, I appreciate this.   ThumbsUp  REP
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:27 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So if we win today, do we clinch the division?  I swear I saw that at the bottom of the screen on NFLN yesterday.  Anybody know?  Or maybe it said we clinch a playoff berth?  I can't remember.

We clinch a playoff spot with a win

We clinch the division with a steelers loss or our win and a steelers tie or loss.

we have a better division record currently than the steelers but that could still change. Division tiebreaker happens after head to head. Our afc conference record is better and if they lose today they can't catch us on that one which is why (I think) we clinch with their loss. I don't have common opponents handy. Maybe that's actually why since it's a tiebreaker before conference.

Best thing to hope for? A Pitt/Den tie and win for us. Then we could still lose to Denver and control our bye destiny in the final game. Of course hoping for a tie is silly.

Tiebreakers - in division - from nfl.com

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:48 AM)KansasBengal Wrote: We clinch a playoff spot with a win

We clinch the division with a steelers loss or our win and a steelers tie or loss.

we have a better division record currently than the steelers but that could still change. Division tiebreaker happens after head to head. Our afc conference record is better and if they lose today they can't catch us on that one which is why (I think) we clinch with their loss. I don't have common opponents handy. Maybe that's actually why since it's a tiebreaker before conference.

Best thing to hope for? A Pitt/Den tie and win for us. Then we could still lose to Denver and control our bye destiny in the final game. Of course hoping for a tie is silly.

5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  12. Coin toss
Thanks to you, too!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is the best scenarios we need to happen??  Also what is best for the Stoolers not to make it??  Thanks Guys and Gals...

WHO DEY!!

Hope everybody is having a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!  And we have a GREAT SUNDAY!!!

The best scenario is that the steelers make the playoffs as the 6 seed, the Bengals lose to the broncos and get the 3 seed, and the Bengals then beat the steelers in their first round game. That is by far the best scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:48 AM)KansasBengal Wrote: We clinch a playoff spot with a win

5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  12. Coin toss

Great!!!  Thanks so much!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:44 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: From the fox 19 app 

• CIN win OR
  • KC loss OR
  • CIN tie + KC tie

• PIT loss 

Great Posting man!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:30 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Great Posting man!!!

Thank ya sir!   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: The best scenario is that the steelers make the playoffs as the 6 seed, the Bengals lose to the broncos and get the 3 seed, and the Bengals then beat the steelers in their first round game. That is by far the best scenario.

Nah. I'd prefer to have the Bengals nab the 2 seed, and the Steelers get the 6. Steelers then have to beat Denver at Denver, and Pat's at Foxboro before playing us for the tiebreaker game in Cincinnati. :)
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:55 AM)gobobro Wrote: Nah. I'd prefer to have the Bengals nab the 2 seed, and the Steelers get the 6. Steelers then have to beat Denver at Denver, and Pat's at Foxboro before playing us for the tiebreaker game in Cincinnati. :)

This is the one I want... If they get in, I want Pittsburgh to win those two games as well. I'd love to see them in the afc championship game in Cincinnati. I think the players wouldn't mind it either. 

Reply/Quote
Anyone a little extra pissed off NOW about the stupid loss to Houston IN OUR HOUSE?!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:33 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone a little extra pissed off NOW about the stupid loss to Houston IN OUR HOUSE?!!!

Not really. I honestly haven't even thought about it since the week following when it happened. Done and overwith with nothing to be done about it. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:46 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: Thank ya sir!   Who Dey

Welcome WHO DEY!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This is the one I want... If they get in, I want Pittsburgh to win those two games as well. I'd love to see them in the afc championship game in Cincinnati. I think the players wouldn't mind it either. 

Nope. I want them first game so we can tell their fans "same old steelers....one and done".
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope. I want them first game so we can tell their fans "same old steelers....one and done".

I do believe knocking Pittsburgh out in the opening round would set a great tone for us the rest of the way but could you imagine the momentum heading into the Super Bowl if  they beat Pittsburgh in the afc championship game? The nfc opponent may not stand a chance in that scenario. 

Plus the bengals really need that bye to get healthy. 

Reply/Quote