Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS mum on Kate
Quote:bfine32
Surprisingly not a whole lot of talk about pill use, it is mostly about immigration reform.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/new-solutions-drug-policy/brief-history-drug-war

Well, we've been trying to incarcerate it away for a long time. And, much like our approach to immigration, it hasn't worked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2015, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure they did and it was determined that an error in processing was made. The laws were in place that should have prevented him from receiving a weapon. Although, I have zero idea what that has to do with this thread.

Because she was murdered with an illegally obtained gun and not his immigration death blast superpower?
(07-22-2015, 01:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Because she was murdered with an illegally obtained gun and not his immigration death blast superpower?

But the SC killer did not have an illegally obtained gun. So I still don't see the connection; now deflection from the real issue, I see that.

Just wait until it was learned that he was wearing Converse at the time of the killing. Shoe wear will have to be a bigger factor than the fact that the guy had no business being in the US; much less freely roaming the streets.

Fortunately it appears lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are starting to see the root problem with this and other similar cases. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2015, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure they did and it was determined that an error in processing was made. The laws were in place that should have prevented him from receiving a weapon. Although, I have zero idea what that has to do with this thread.

Well if they are going to hold congressional investigations into things I'd like to know how this guy got his gun that killed nine people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2015, 02:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well if they are going to hold congressional investigations into things I'd like to know how this guy got his gun that killed nine people.

They know how. It has already been investigated. Don't you keep up with such things?

Still not sure what this has to do with a guy that should not have been in the country killing an innocent woman. I pretty sure there is a thread or 2 dedicated the the SC shootings. Your views might be better served there.

Unless your intent is to derail this one one and change the focus from the matter at hand. Something maybe like drug use.

(07-22-2015, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They know how. It has already been investigated. Don't you keep up with such things?

Still not sure what this has to do with a guy that should not have been in the country killing an innocent woman. I pretty sure there is a thread or 2 dedicated the the SC shootings. Your views might be better served there.

Unless your intent is to derail this one one and change the focus from the matter at hand. Something maybe like drug use.

They already know why he was here.  No investigation was needed and they had one anyway. Why are they having more hearings?

Unless you still think the only reason he killed was because he was an illegal alien?  And that being high on pills had nothing to do with it at all.
(07-22-2015, 02:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: They already know why he was here.  No investigation was needed and they had one anyway. Why are they having more hearings?

Unless you still think the only reason he killed was because he was an illegal alien?  And that being high on pills had nothing to do with it at all.

I really thought you and a couple others kept up with this stuff more.

I do not know if pills played a factor. do you? Could be mental illness, alcohol, mistaken identity, ect...

I do know if he were in Mexico or Prison he would not have killed Kate on that pier. Do you? 

That is why they are having the hearings.

(07-22-2015, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really thought you and a couple others kept up with this stuff more.

I do not know if pills played a factor. do you? Could be mental illness, alcohol, mistaken identity, ect...

I do know if he were in Mexico or Prison he would not have killed Kate on that pier. Do you? 

That is why they are having the hearings.

Yes, we all know if he wasn't there right then Kate would not have died.  So why have another hearing?

Are they going to have more hearings on how people who should not have them keep getting guns and killing people?

(Would it be better if I named all nine of them to drive home the point?)
(07-22-2015, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the SC killer did not have an illegally obtained gun. So I still don't see the connection; now deflection from the real issue, I see that.

Just wait until it was learned that he was wearing Converse at the time of the killing. Shoe wear will have to be a bigger factor than the fact that the guy had no business being in the US; much less freely roaming the streets.

Fortunately it appears lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are starting to see the root problem with this and other similar cases. 

Agreed. They aren't connected, which is weird you keep drawing parallels between a young guy with a gun going on a racially motivated shooting spree and a middle aged drug addict who shot a woman while he was high. Oh, and he's an immigrant, which, apparently, is the reason for the nefarious deed. 

Or his shoes.

Or somethingerother.

Mellow
(07-22-2015, 03:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, we all know if he wasn't there right then Kate would not have died.  So why have another hearing?

Are they going to have more hearings on how people who should not have them keep getting guns and killing people?

(Would it be better if I named all nine of them to drive home the point?)

If I must explain I will (pay attention Benton, I don’t want to have to do it twice):

The current hearings are on the issue of illegal immigration. They are not to determine who killed Kate. The Kate killing is just the case that sparked a long needed look at reform and how we process illegal immigrants. Especially those that have committed felonies, other crimes (besides the one for being here) and the viability of “Sanctuary Cities”.

For instance Laura Wilkerson testified about how her son was beaten, tied up, strangled, and lit on fire by an illegal immigrant who had just appeared in court on harassment charges 10 days before.

Susan Oliver testified on how her husband, a Deputy Sheriff, was murdered when he approached a parked car driven by an illegal immigrant that convicted and deported numerous times. The driver then went on a rampage shooting another driver in the head and killing another Deputy.

Brian McCann spoke about his brother who was ran over, dragged, and killed by an illegal immigrant that had previously been arrested on felony charges. This illegal was released and allowed to flee to Mexico prior to trail.

So you, Benton and others can try to satire, downplay, or deflect from the issue at hand; however, these tactics do nothing to make any of you look less foolish.

(07-22-2015, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I must explain I will (pay attention Benton, I don’t want to have to do it twice):

The current hearings are on the issue of illegal immigration. They are not to determine who killed Kate. The Kate killing is just the case that sparked a long needed look at reform and how we process illegal immigrants. Especially those that have committed felonies, other crimes (besides the one for being here) and the viability of “Sanctuary Cities”.

For instance Laura Wilkerson testified about how her son was beaten, tied up, strangled, and lit on fire by an illegal immigrant who had just appeared in court on harassment charges 10 days before.

Susan Oliver testified on how her husband, a Deputy Sheriff, was murdered when he approached a parked car driven by an illegal immigrant that convicted and deported numerous times. The driver then went on a rampage shooting another driver in the head and killing another Deputy.

Brian McCann spoke about his brother who was ran over, dragged, and killed by an illegal immigrant that had previously been arrested on felony charges. This illegal was released and allowed to flee to Mexico prior to trail.

So you, Benton and others can try to satire, downplay, or deflect from the issue at hand; however, these tactics do nothing to make any of you look less foolish.

So this has little to do with Kate and more to do with illegals getting back into the country because some have killed people.

Will there be hearings on the legals who kill people?

Or do we only care about illegals who kill because they kill...more?  Its hard to keep up with who we are supposed to be afraid of these days.
(07-22-2015, 04:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: So this has little to do with Kate and more to do with illegals getting back into the country because some have killed people.

Will there be hearings on the legals who kill people?

Or do we only care about illegals who kill because they kill...more?  Its hard to keep up with who we are supposed to be afraid of these days.

bfine32 Wrote:So you, Benton and others can try to satire, downplay, or deflect from the issue at hand; however, these tactics do nothing to make any of you look less foolish.

Clockwork.

(07-22-2015, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Clockwork.

Sorry Larry/TommyC...but it your obsession with illegals that looks foolish in this case.  But keep up the good fight!  Without you out there insisting he only killed because he's an illegal who know what could happen the next time an American citizen kills someone.  Rock On
(07-22-2015, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I must explain I will (pay attention Benton, I don’t want to have to do it twice):

I thought the issue at hand was trying to capitalize on a young woman's death to promote an anti-immigration agenda?

I do find it funny, though, that the group adhering to a harder line on immigration is typically Republican and the only way to achieve their goal is by increasing government reach, federal authority and spending a lot more money.
(07-22-2015, 04:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry Larry/TommyC...but it your obsession with illegals that looks foolish in this case.  But keep up the good fight!  Without you out there insisting he only killed because he's an illegal who know what could happen the next time an American citizen kills someone.  Rock On

That's the important part. If it was a different case, such as the Oliver or Hermicilo arrests, I could see some argument. But this murder doesn't give much to the immigration debate. It's just a sad case of a woman too close to a junkie with a gun. Race or country of origin — as much as some people want it to be — isn't a factor.
(07-22-2015, 05:21 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the important part. If it was a different case, such as the Oliver or Hermicilo arrests, I could see some argument. But this murder doesn't give much to the immigration debate. It's just a sad case of a woman too close to a junkie with a gun. Race or country of origin — as much as some people want it to be — isn't a factor.
The guy that killed Kate was in the country illegally, had been deported 7 times, arrested on multiple felonies, was free on the streets of America and not deported this 8th time because San Francisco’s Sanctuary laws allowed the city to ignore a Federal request to alert them of his release. All this and you claim “this murder doesn’t give much to the immigration debate.”

I can only assume you are just trolling at this point.

(07-23-2015, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The guy that killed Kate was in the country illegally, had been deported 7 times, arrested on multiple felonies, was free on the streets of America and not deported this 8th time because San Francisco’s Sanctuary laws allowed the city to ignore a Federal request to alert them of his release. All this and you claim “this murder doesn’t give much to the immigration debate.”

I can only assume you are just trolling at this point.

Because, again, he didn't kill her just because he was an illegal immigrant.

If you want to have a debate about illegal immigration you don't need this case.

If you want to have a debate about senseless murder you can use this case.

Rock On
(07-23-2015, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because, again, he didn't kill her just because he was an illegal immigrant.

If you want to have a debate about illegal immigration you don't need this case.

If you want to have a debate about senseless murder you can use this case.

Rock On

This is a perfect case to discuss issues with immigration. A multiple time felon, deported multiple times, that was only on the street because of sanctuary cities. I don't know if you and Benton are being purposely obtuse or really don't get it. Everybody else in the Nation realizes this is the case that sparked the hearings and calls for changes in sanctuary city laws.

The stance that he didn't kill her just because he was an immigrant is deflection at the highest level. He had the opportunity to kill her because of shortcomings in our immigration system

(07-23-2015, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is a perfect case to discuss issues with immigration. A multiple time felon, deported multiple times, that was only on the street because of sanctuary cities. I don't know if you and Benton are being purposely obtuse or really don't get it. Everybody else in the Nation realizes this is the case that sparked the hearings and calls for changes in sanctuary city laws.

The stance that he didn't kill her just because he was an immigrant is deflection at the highest level. He had the opportunity to kill her because of shortcomings in our immigration system

I don't see what's so complicated about this. The guy shouldn't have been here period, once he was picked up from the Law, he should have been immediately detained and deported instead of re-released back into the streets because of sanctuary laws. Would that have stopped Kate from getting murdered? Yes, from him at least.

Sanctuary laws need to be revised to not include protection for Illegals that have a criminal record. Crooked people no matter the skin color will play the system once they know how it works. There's a reason why he was in a sanctuary city and that is what we need to address. Quit it with all of the hypothetical BS and address the core of the issue.
(07-23-2015, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is a perfect case to discuss issues with immigration. A multiple time felon, deported multiple times, that was only on the street because of sanctuary cities. I don't know if you and Benton are being purposely obtuse or really don't get it. Everybody else in the Nation realizes this is the case that sparked the hearings and calls for changes in sanctuary city laws.

Yeah, you keep making it like he was a killer waiting to happen because he was here and should not have been.  Good case about immigration...but the death has nothing to do with it.

(07-23-2015, 07:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see what's so complicated about this. The guy shouldn't have been here period, once he was picked up from the Law, he should have been immediately detained and deported instead of re-released back into the streets because of sanctuary laws. Would that have stopped Kate from getting murdered? Yes, from him at least.

Sanctuary laws need to be revised to not include protection for Illegals that have a criminal record. Crooked people no matter the skin color will play the system once they know how it works. There's a reason why he was in a sanctuary city and that is what we need to address. Quit it with all of the hypothetical BS and address the core of the issue.

That's what we've been saying and Larry/TommyC has been ignoring.  The gun was still there waiting for something to happen.

Unfortunately it happened and killed an innocent woman.  But his being illegal wasn't the cause.