Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS mum on Kate
(07-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am sad that Kate lost her life, and I don't care what the color of her skin is. Stop trying to make this about race.

The fact that this guy had been deported before and been arrested and detained multiple times but not deported again is a serious problem with the system. The question is why was this guy still here????

Sorry Mike...but take it up with Larry/TommyC.

He brought up race.

He was given multiple possible other alternative reasons up to and including political gain...but he keeps bringing back to the President didn't talk about the "whuite girl".

Don't blame me (and others) for pointing out his motives.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2015, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you require assistance; it is because of the hypocrisy displayed by the President of the United States.

Some may also have the audacity to be angered that an innocent woman was murdered by an illegal immigrant that had been deported numerous times for various crimes and was only out on the streets because of sanctuary rules.

So of the 3 options you are deciding to choose from: I'd pick the one where the POTUS is not outraged enough about the murder of one of his citizens by an illegal immigrant.

[Image: enhanced-buzz-11080-1312307423-2.jpg]

And yet NOTHING from the POTUS!

Nothing!

Must be because he's for Kenya... Ninja
(07-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am sad that Kate lost her life, and I don't care what the color of her skin is. Stop trying to make this about race.

The fact that this guy had been deported before and been arrested and detained multiple times but not deported again is a serious problem with the system. The question is why was this guy still here????

I agree it is sad that the focus is race; however, it goes all the way back to the POTUS remarks on the Trayvon Martin case. The question I asked in the OP was to illustrate the hypocrisy between the two cases.

Obviously the main issue is an innocent woman lost her life at the hands of a man that had not business being in the country; much less free on the streets. The secondary issue is the Whitehouse's reaction to this travesty compared to other recent high-profile cases.

So of the responses here have bordered on the absurd. They include: "nothing more to look at here as the man who shot her has been captured and charged" to "the main issue here is pills".

Rational  people can see the true issue in play here. Others will just try to diminish through failed attempts of humor  and wit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2015, 12:52 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe he isn't trying to exploit a woman's death for personal gain when there isn't any other issue?

Like some folks I know...
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-14-2015, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree it is sad that the focus is race;

Mellow

(07-13-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder why he is being so silent about about a white girl being shot (suspected) by an illegal immigrant?

Here's what Megan Kelly had to say about the double standard:

I can only assume that Obama's daughter wouldn't look like Kate.

(07-13-2015, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure any of that explains why Obama has no comment of a young lady shot by an illegal immigrant that had been deported numerous times.

But you do make a good point that it could be because the "white folk" aren't out there rioting. When will they ever learn?

Your little meme is terribly offensive to a young lady that lost here life for doing nothing more than going for a walk (It sort of looks like her father when he was asked what her last words were as she was dying in his arms). But others won't find it so; because the girl that was killed was white.

(07-13-2015, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please try to stick to the topic instead of attacking the poster.

But to answer the question asked. I think it has to do with his views on immigration and the source reason why this guys was even on the streets in SF

I think Ms Kelly was pointing more to apples...Oranges in the reaction from the White House. Obviously color plays a role; however, the question is who is taking color into consideration.

Unfortunately your answer is if the white folk want to get an FBI investigation, compassionate comments from the POTUS and the DOJ on site they must riot and march.

Seems like all that shouldn't be required; however, sadly you are most likely right.

(07-14-2015, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope not the ONLY differenece I see.  I see other differences. Such as:

Obama's comments of Trayvon Martin’s death:

Any compassion or assurances of justice to Kate’s family?

Obama's comments of Michael Brown’s death:

Any compassion or assurances of justice to Kate’s family?

Obama’s comments on Freddy Gray’s death:

Any suggestion from the Whitehouse that crime by illegal immigrants is “not new”?

Of course there are other differences besides the reaction from the Whitehouse. For instance the criminal record of the victims:
Freddy Gray

Kate

There is also a difference of what the victims were doing when they were killed:

There are numerous other issues, such as representatives sent to the funerals and the criminal records of the suspects in each case; however, it is really pointless to bring up and many will attempt to paint you as a racist, as demonstrated by many here.
There is a chance the Whitehouse will ask for an apology from the Steinle family for being white and having issue with their daughter being killed by an illegal immigrant. Because it appears that many here think that is reason enough not to address the issue.

(07-14-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually I simply asked a question. Did. I imply that race of the victim and suspect very well may play a role in the reaction by POTUS to this case opposed to others? Absolutely.

It seems a few agree that it did; while others just think someone is racist for pointing out the differences.

(07-14-2015, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt we should keep our mouths shut about WHITE people getting shot and just feel guilty for being white.

It was an American citizen killed by an illegal immigrant that most likely should not have even been in the states, much less on the streets. Race shouldn't matter to anyone; which is why I asked the question in the manner that I did.

(07-14-2015, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I asked the question in such a manner to determine if race were a factor. Obviously it is to many. 

Do you feel guilty yet?

(07-14-2015, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rational  people can see the true issue in play here.

Rock On
(07-14-2015, 09:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Rock On

I wonder why you didn't quote the posts I was replying to.

I could do it; but why bother; that would show context.

(07-14-2015, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder why you didn't quote the posts I was replying to.

I could do it; but why bother; that would show context.

So in context you didn't MEAN you were talking about race and race being a factor?

Even when you said:

(07-13-2015, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please try to stick to the topic instead of attacking the poster.

But to answer the question asked. I think it has to do with his views on immigration and the source reason why this guys was even on the streets in SF

I think Ms Kelly was pointing more to apples...Oranges in the reaction from the White House. Obviously color plays a role; however, the question is who is taking color into consideration. 

Unfortunately your answer is if the white folk want to get an FBI investigation, compassionate comments from the POTUS and the DOJ on site they must riot and march.

Seems like all that shouldn't be required; however, sadly you are most likely right.

(07-14-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually I simply asked a question. Did. I imply that race of the victim and suspect very well may play a role in the reaction by POTUS to this case opposed to others? Absolutely.

It seems a few agree that it did; while others just think someone is racist for pointing out the differences.

(07-14-2015, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I asked the question in such a manner to determine if race were a factor. Obviously it is to many. 

Do you feel guilty yet?

I used to think you were a good troll.  :angry:
(07-14-2015, 09:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Rock On

Amazing, how the folks on the Left just rally and refute, weather any merit or not, anything that even touches any Leftist ideology..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-14-2015, 09:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: enhanced-buzz-11080-1312307423-2.jpg]

And yet NOTHING from the POTUS!

Nothing!

Must be because he's for Kenya... Ninja

When you cannot think of any useful refute, just divert...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
GMDino Wrote:So in context you didn't MEAN you were talking about race and race being a factor?

Nope, by context. I meant I was replying to such comments as these (the 1st one was very offensive):
GMDino Wrote:Or is it because there wasn't an uprising of white folks marching in the streets demanding justice?

[Image: f4b95826f6f95df143c1476d4bd58d1c.320x320x1.jpg]

(07-14-2015, 12:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is just a shame more folks don't speak up for the white people.
(07-14-2015, 01:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And the ONLY difference you can see is the color of the skin.  Everything else about these cases look exactly alike to you.  Thanks for showing the ONLY issue you look at.  Poor white boy's victim card was burning a hole in his pocket so fast that he didn't have time to look at any of the obvious differences.

Fredtoast Wrote:You obviously don't understand the problem here.  It was a WHITE woman that was killed by a MEXICAN.

(07-14-2015, 07:46 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Am I supposed to be more upset because the victim is white? Or that the alleged killer is Latino? 

GMDino Wrote:And yet NOTHING from the POTUS!

Nothing!

Must be because he's for Kenya... [Image: ninja.gif]

(07-14-2015, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Amazing, how the folks on the Left just rally and refute, weather any merit or not, anything that even touches any Leftist ideology..

Please show how I did that.  The OP talked about race...he continues to talk about race.

And when he's told he's only talking race?  He admits he was talking about race.

Then says he wasn't talking about race.

(07-14-2015, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you cannot think of any useful refute, just divert...

That picture was about as accurate as the OP has been so far.  Smirk
(07-14-2015, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, by context. I meant I was replying to such comments as these (the 1st one was very offensive):

I repeat:

You were talking about race, admitted you were talking about race and continue to talk about race.

Except when you insists you are not talking about race.  Mellow

They are your words...quoted. And you can quote me all you like. Everyone reading the thread knows what those quotes were about. And they go look at YOUR quotes and see what you said too.

But please, explain the quotes.  In context of course.

Smirk
(07-14-2015, 10:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I repeat:

You were talking about race, admitted you were talking about race and continue to talk about race.

Except when you insists you are not talking about race.  Mellow

They are your words...quoted.  And you can quote me all you like.  Everyone reading the thread knows what those quotes were about.  And they go look at YOUR quotes and see what you said too.

But please, explain the quotes.  In context of course.

Smirk
I explained the reasoning behind the wording of the OP and I clearly showed that every other post in this thread where I mentioned race was in response to someone (mainly you and Fred, with the white guilt slant) that continued to focus on the race issue.

Let's make a bet. I will not be the next person in this thread to bring up race.

(07-14-2015, 10:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Please show how I did that.  The OP talked about race...he continues to talk about race.

And when he's told he's only talking race?  He admits he was talking about race.

Then says he wasn't talking about race.

That picture was about as accurate as the OP has been so far.  Smirk

And, is the OP wrong to bring up race?

I'm sure that all of us white folk should just nod and accept that girl's death as just part of life...

Quick question;  After all of the rioting this past year over the death of a few folks of color, how do you think the Nation would react if 200M White Folk all decided to riot?

(I realize this is not a possibility, as most white folk are passive)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-14-2015, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I explained the reasoning behind the wording of the OP and I clearly showed that every other post in this thread where I mentioned race was in response to someone (mainly you and Fred, with the white guilt slant) that continued to focus on the race issue.

Let's make a bet. I will not be the next person in this thread to bring up race.

1) You've brought it up enough.

2) Apparently you win?

(07-14-2015, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, is the OP wrong to bring up race?

I'm sure that all of us white folk should just nod and accept that girl's death as just part of life...

Quick question;  After all of the rioting this past year over the death of a few folks of color, how do you think the Nation would react if 200M White Folk all decided to riot?

(I realize this is not a possibility, as most white folk are passive)

I didn't say he was wrong.  I said he did it, kept doing it, admitted he did it...then denied he did it.

If Larry/TommyC wants to make it about race that's on him.  But he should have the intestinal fortitude to at LEAST stick with it rather then pay the martyr card that everyone ELSE was making him talk about race.

And in answer to your question:  I think that if ANY large group rioted the POTUS would make a statement.  

White folk are passive?  Does that just not include the vast majority of serial killers?   Smirk
(07-14-2015, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: * No the absurdity is claiming the main issue with the Kate killings is pill use. But you have tripled down on it.

*** He should at least acknowledge the fact that a flawed system allowed her killer to be on the streets and assurances that it will be investigated; like all the others mentioned. That is the issue "secondary" to her slaying. My apologies for losing you.

* So, you think the lack of immigration reform is more of a factor to commit murder than drug abuse?

*** That's actually not a bad argument here. But there is a definite effort to curb drug abuse.

Mellow
(07-14-2015, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: (I realize this is not a possibility, as most white folk are passive)

Correction: 'passive-aggressive'

They confront people indirectly.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-14-2015, 10:47 PM)Benton Wrote: * So, you think the lack of immigration reform is more of a factor to commit murder than drug abuse?

*** That's actually not a bad argument here. But there is a definite effort to curb drug abuse.

Mellow

* I guess we'll have to wait to see if there is a push to pass a law based on this case to see if the bigger issue is illegal immigration or pill use. I wonder which one it will be.

I do think immigration reform is more of a factor concerning illegal immigrants that commit murder in the USA than the fact they take pills.

Apparently we disagree on this point.

(07-14-2015, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) You've brought it up enough.
I "brought it up" once. Responded to it numerous times.

(07-14-2015, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) You've brought it up enough.

2) Apparently you win?

I didn't say he was wrong.  I said he did it, kept doing it, admitted he did it...then denied he did it.

If Larry/TommyC wants to make it about race that's on him.  But he should have the intestinal fortitude to at LEAST stick with it rather then pay the martyr card that everyone ELSE was making him talk about race.

And in answer to your question:  I think that if ANY large group rioted the POTUS would make a statement.  

White folk are passive?  Does that just not include the vast majority of serial killers?   Smirk

Serial killers make up a smaller share of the White Race than transgenders...

Hmm, maybe we should be arguing for serial killers rights...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23