Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/usa-today-refuses-use-planned-parenthood-uses-deceptive-abortion-stat_1005125.html

USA today refuses to use the deceptive abortion stat.  

Oh, man. 12%?!?!?!??

Lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So they're claiming that 3 percent is misleading because people who went in for an abortion also got the other services too. Either way, no matter what angle you try to statistically analyze these services, abortion is still not their primary service whatsoever.
I used to go to PP in college for free condoms. Good stuff.
couldnt this have been added to one of your other 10 PP threads?
(08-05-2015, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Oh, man. 12%?!?!?!??

Lol

93.78% actually.
(08-05-2015, 04:56 PM)treee Wrote: So they're claiming that 3 percent is misleading because people who went in for an abortion also got the other services too. Either way, no matter what angle you try to statistically analyze these services, abortion is still not their primary service whatsoever.

93.78% of pregnancy related services are abortions.
(08-05-2015, 05:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 93.78% of pregnancy related services are abortions.

and what percent of TOTAL services are pregnancy related services?

also, it sounds more dishonest to say that getting multiple services should only count as "abortions".

FFS! Your video source is guilty of the same bias model as they claim Planned Parenthood is. They don't even know what tests/procedures are specific to pregnancy. They lined out all STD testing, but STD screening is actually the standard of care for pregnant women. So they are artificially inflating the number of abortions performed by Planned Parenthood to support their bias.
(08-05-2015, 05:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and what percent of TOTAL services are pregnancy related services?

There is a breakdown on the vid. I will try and post a better graphic when I am in a place I can hunt one down. Then we can discuss this based off that.... I think this is a valid and very appropriate conversation on both ends. And to get that we need a clear graphic.
(08-05-2015, 05:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: also, it sounds more dishonest to say that getting multiple services should only count as "abortions".

Well let's get a clear graphic and we can make sure there is an honest debate. I would prefer it go that way.
(08-05-2015, 05:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and what percent of TOTAL services are pregnancy related services?

Using the percentage Lucie is looking at, I have no idea what they are basing it off of. I mean, if you total together abortion services, prenatal services, and adoption referrals it makes in 3.29% of all services.

Now, cancer screenings and vasectomies (I figured these two items would be safe from any eye, even subjective ones, when determining these numbers) make up 8.87% of services performed. So the 93.78% number cannot work unless they are doing some extremely fuzzy math.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-05-2015, 07:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Using the percentage Lucie is looking at, I have no idea what they are basing it off of. I mean, if you total together abortion services, prenatal services, and adoption referrals it makes in 3.29% of all services.

Now, cancer screenings and vasectomies (I figured these two items would be safe from any eye, even subjective ones, when determining these numbers) make up 8.87% of services performed. So the 93.78% number cannot work unless they are doing some extremely fuzzy math.

One might say the 93.78% figure is.......deceptive.
(08-05-2015, 07:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Using the percentage Lucie is looking at, I have no idea what they are basing it off of. I mean, if you total together abortion services, prenatal services, and adoption referrals it makes in 3.29% of all services.

It's the services a pregnant woman would use . So they don't get cancer screenings, etc. 93.78% of pregnant women end up with an abortion. I believe thats where that number comes. I will take a hard look a little later
(08-05-2015, 07:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's the services a pregnant woman would use . So they don't get cancer screenings, etc. 93.78% of pregnant women end up with an abortion. I believe thats where that number comes. I will take a hard look a little later

That's what the video is saying, and using the same line items I used (just from 2012-2013 instead of my 2013-2014 numbers). I mean, totaling up abortions, adoptive referrals, and prenatal services, which would be all of the services a pregnant woman would go to PP for, abortion makes up about 94% of those. However, those services in total still only make up 3.29% of the overall services performed.

The video is, as onemoreintothejimbreech pointed out, carrying out the misdirection that they are claiming of Planned Parenthood. PP doesn't state that most pregnant women don't get abortions that come to them, they say abortions only make up 3% of the services performed, which is accurate. This pro-life organization's video says that about 94% of pregnant women going to PP get an abortion, also accurate. Both are using their words selectively in order to make their stance more appealing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Paps screen for HPV and cervical cancer. Again, it is part of the normal pregnancy work up. The video omitted them as part of their deceit, also.

If a woman came in for mastitis due to breast feeding her NEWBORN they have eliminated that visit as well. The organization which made that video is deliberately deceptive. Unless they have gross numbers of patients, gross numbers of abortions, gross numbers of multiple abortions so we can determine the percentages ourselves With verifiable sources I don't believe anything they claim.
(08-05-2015, 08:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Paps screen for HPV
and cervical cancer.
Again, it is part of the normal pregnancy work up. The video omitted them as part of their deceit, also.

If a woman came in for mastitis due to breast feeding her NEWBORN they have eliminated that visit as well. The organization which made that video is deliberately deceptive. Unless they have gross numbers of patients, gross numbers of abortions, gross numbers of multiple abortions so we can determine the percentages ourselves With verifiable sources I don't believe anything they claim.

Yes, but aren't those services covered under any obamacare policy, that every American is required to have, by law?  Other than as a Government funded abortion clinic, their entire existence is pretty much moot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Is this part of that War on Women that Hillary is talking about?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-05-2015, 07:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's what the video is saying, and using the same line items I used (just from 2012-2013 instead of my 2013-2014 numbers). I mean, totaling up abortions, adoptive referrals, and prenatal services, which would be all of the services a pregnant woman would go to PP for, abortion makes up about 94% of those. However, those services in total still only make up 3.29% of the overall services performed.

The video is, as onemoreintothejimbreech pointed out, carrying out the misdirection that they are claiming of Planned Parenthood. PP doesn't state that most pregnant women don't get abortions that come to them, they say abortions only make up 3% of the services performed, which is accurate. This pro-life organization's video says that about 94% of pregnant women going to PP get an abortion, also accurate. Both are using their words selectively in order to make their stance more appealing.

That's why usa today won't use the pp number of 3%. And it's just showing that pp is using shuck and jive to make what their doing look better.