Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRATT INTERCEPTION
With so many Bengals D injured, that was not a game to go into Overtime. Raiders so close to end zone trying to score tying points. So many times in Super Bowl or big games I have seen Bengals DROP game ending Interception. So Glad that Pratt hung on to it tight for the Interception. Then a no fumble kneel down. THANK YOU PRATT, WE NEEDED THAT.

I couldn't sit down. I paced the living room like a coach pacing the sidelines the whole 4th quarter. The Raiders came close to a game tying comeback. RELIEF when Pratt made the game ending Interception. I had hoped Bengals could run out the clock as they did Chiefs, but Carr got the ball with plenty of time and they moved down to what, around the 10 yard line or closer. I paced a hole in the carpet on that game. Edge of the seat nothing, I had to stand up and pace most of 2nd half.

Pratt interception ends game end in 4th Quarter and avoids Overtime with so many Bengal Defense injured and out of Game. HUGE INTERCEPTION.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pratt played a solid game yesterday. He was reading Carrs eyes the whole way on that INT.
Reply/Quote
Interception, or a bat down would have ended. Either way, solid job by him getting in the way and ensuring the other guy didn’t catch it. He had a few nice run stops too.
Reply/Quote
We had guys dropping left and right but this defense played with heart and made plays when it mattered. Bates was actually out there making some big plays too, hopefully he is coming back into form. Really proud of our guys and the work ain't done yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:04 AM)treee Wrote: We had guys dropping left and right but this defense played with heart and made plays when it mattered. Bates was actually out there making some big plays too, hopefully he is coming back into form. Really proud of our guys and the work ain't done yet.

Yes, it was difficult listening to folks whine about the defense not getting pressure in the 4th quarter, it is like reality doesn't matter to people I guess but the defensive players who remained in the game over came a ton of adversity to make enough plays to keep the Raiders under 20 points.
Reply/Quote
Hey Kevin. I love your posts man.
Reply/Quote
The play that launched the new Bengals era.
Reply/Quote
I remember we needed a LB that season, the squeelers traded all the way up to snub us a spot earlier and took Devish?(sp), we ended up taking Pratt. FF to yesterday and it all worked out well, not becaues of the play but because he just kept getting better and better and culminated to a sweet seal the victory play.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The play that launched the new Bengals era.

The play that launched the new Bengals era was Vonn Bell's massive hit on JSS. That is the day EVERYTHING changed. We all remember the last time in a playoff game a linebacker made an interception (and ran it into the tunnel) only for devastation to come minutes later. Not now, this is our time.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:46 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hey Kevin. I love your posts man.
Thanks. I got slammed with a 1 star negative as if I said something  Negative about Bengals.  Just saying how huge the Pratt play was to stop a Raiders touchdown to go Overtime, and end the game right there.  I shot you some Rep Points for your kind words.  Now on to Tennessee or Buffalo and KEEP ON TRUCKIN '.....pretend I inserted R.Crumb  cartoon Mister Natural Guru walking ...Keep On Truckin' Bengals.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:03 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I remember we needed a LB that season, the squeelers traded all the way up to snub us a spot earlier and took Devish?(sp), we ended up taking Pratt. FF to yesterday and it all worked out well, not becaues of the play but because he just kept getting better and better and culminated to a sweet seal the victory play.

Do you mean Devin Bush? Their fans pretty much think he’s a bust.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think they go for 2 and the win if they scored.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:18 AM)kevin Wrote: With so many Bengals D injured, that was not a game to go into Overtime.  Raiders so close to end zone trying to score tying points.  So many times in Super Bowl or big games I have seen Bengals DROP game ending Interception.   So Glad that Pratt hung on to it tight for the Interception. Then a no fumble kneel down.   THANK YOU PRATT, WE NEEDED THAT.

I couldn't sit down.  I paced the living room like a coach pacing the sidelines the whole 4th quarter.  The Raiders came close to a game tying comeback.  RELIEF when Pratt made the game ending Interception.  I had hoped Bengals could run out the clock as they did Chiefs, but Carr got the ball with plenty of time and they moved down to what, around the 10 yard line or closer.  I paced a hole in the carpet on that game. Edge of the seat nothing, I had to stand up and pace most of 2nd half.

Pratt interception ends game end in 4th Quarter and avoids Overtime with so many Bengal Defense injured and out of Game.  HUGE INTERCEPTION.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

A nice end to an ongoing trend but we didn't need a pick to win the game unless it was anything other than 4th down. 

Not going to argue with the result, but why insist on the interception in that specific instance? Wouldn't knocking the pass down been the safer opition?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:10 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I think they go for 2 and the win if they scored.

I'm glad that I didn't think of this. A poster (Reuben) noted this possibility (the Raiders going for two)  in the game thread and I'm glad that I didn't go to the game thread until after the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The play that launched the new Bengals era was Vonn Bell's massive hit on JSS. That is the day EVERYTHING changed. We all remember the last time in a playoff game a linebacker made an interception (and ran it into the tunnel) only for devastation to come minutes later. Not now, this is our time.

I think the JuJu hit was the flashpoint, yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm glad that I didn't think of this. A poster (Reuben) noted this possibility (the Raiders going for two)  in the game thread and I'm glad that I didn't go to the game thread until after the game. 

No doubt in my mind that they go for 2 if they score. It's the Raiders and from what I understand they're pretty aggressive. 
Reply/Quote
The nice thing was even had it somehow been caught Apple had the receiver all wrapped - he was NOT getting across the line.
Reply/Quote
Bisaccia is old school. He's not an analytics guy. Raiders were 4-0 this year in OT.

There's no way in hell he goes for 2 if they score the TD. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bisaccia is old school. He's not an analytics guy. Raiders were 4-0 this year in OT.

There's no way in hell he goes for 2 if they score the TD. 

You’re probably right, but I was a bit worried about it tbh. I figured he might be afraid of Burrow and McPherson in OT.

Reply/Quote
Biggest play by a Defender maybe in all our lifetimes.

So happy Pratt has came around and became a leader for us and hopefully we go to the promised land and win the
big game. Logan and Germaine are a great LB duo to start with and I think ADG and Bailey can also be damn good
down the line. Just a monster play by Germaine, he might not even know how big that play was for us fans.
Reply/Quote