Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 really stupid question
My ps3. I use to just use an old tv and put it on channel 3 to play games.

On a new model tv, with no channel 3. How do I set it, to see/play my games?
Reply/Quote
PS3 needed a channel 3?

Should just need an HDMI cord and an HDMI port and you should be good to go. PS3 might have had the composite option as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 09:47 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: My ps3. I use to just use an old tv and put it on channel 3 to play games.

On a new model tv, with no channel 3. How do I set it,  to see/play my games?

Check out your new TV's remote.  Look for the "input" button.  Press that button, and look at the selections available, then connect your game to the input channel plug on the back (of the TV) that coordinates with whichever input channel you want to designate for your game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Depends what type of output your game uses to the tv. Think of your tv as a device with different input options. Depending on where you plug that device into it...use the button on the tv remote to find it. Remotes can vary how they are labeled. Like Sunset said, it might be an INPUT button. It could be labeled as a SOURCE button. And you might see VIDEO or HDMI on the remote. But they are all the same idea depending on where you connected the device to the tv.

For example. Maybe your cable or satellite box is plugged into HDMI 1. Maybe your DVD is connected to VIDEO 1. Maybe you can connect your game to HDMI 2. Then you use the button/s on your tv remote to move between those devices, which one you want to access.
Reply/Quote
Switch to XBOX One. Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, thanks guys. I googled a couple things. Yes, input button. I don't have hdmi, just the simple 3 color plug ins.

I still had Madden 15, 13, and 25. So I messed with those.
Sure madden sucks but it's still fun n games. Also mlb 13. And ncaa 14
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear you got it working. I havent played a madden game in ages. The last decent football game to come out was All Pro Football 2k8 in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 03:54 AM)treee Wrote: Glad to hear you got it working. I havent played a madden game in ages. The last decent football game to come out was All Pro Football 2k8 in my opinion.

Most-recent Madden I've played is 2000 on the PC; love it! But it isn't in the same realm as 2K, 2K1 and 2K2 on the Dreamcast; no football game ever played as well as those did.

And I don't think PS3 ever had RF LOL

(05-27-2020, 09:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Switch to XBOX One. Tongue

Box wouldn't exist, if not for the US; a shitty, poorly-represented (games-wise) console since Bone came out.

The videogame landscape is in need to of a shakeup.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 01:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Box wouldn't exist, if not for the US; a shitty, poorly-represented (games-wise) console since Bone came out.

The videogame landscape is in need to of a shakeup.

Oh what do you know?  You're a Canuck!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 03:54 AM)treee Wrote: Glad to hear you got it working. I havent played a madden game in ages. The last decent football game to come out was All Pro Football 2k8 in my opinion.

I play madden 19 on my ps4 (because screw xbox) and I consider it a really decent game. Unlike past maddens, that were a bit dull.
Reply/Quote
I have me a PS3 and a PS4. Have been playing Madden 16 on my PS3 and I just got Madden 18 for my PS4.

Just played Madden 18 for the first time the other day and I think I shouldn't of played the easy version.

Beat the Seahawks 75-0 lol

Gonna try intermediate next but I have to change all the players to the current team with Burrow at QB which will
take a bit. Crazy how much the team changes in a couple years especially this year. Completely turned over the roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2020, 11:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh what do you know?  You're a Canuck!   Ninja

The sales numbers are truly GHASTLY for all of MS's consoles, outside of NA (especially the original Box; one of the worst selling units in Japan, if not the worst, relative to the rest of the world).

But hey, I'm of the school of thought that Nintendo should have been dissolved and barred from operations, after their incredibly unethical and borderline illegal tactics of the 80s (not to mention their output of 25% good and 75% crap titles on all of their consoles since), so yeah lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2020, 07:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The sales numbers are truly GHASTLY for all of MS's consoles, outside of NA (especially the original Box; one of the worst selling units in Japan, if not the worst, relative to the rest of the world).

But hey, I'm of the school of thought that Nintendo should have been dissolved and barred from operations, after their incredibly unethical and borderline illegal tactics of the 80s (not to mention their output of 25% good and 75% crap titles on all of their consoles since), so yeah lol.

I stand corrected, you do know a thing or two.   
Reply/Quote

Just hooked up my ps2 slim. My 4 copies of  espn nfl 2k5 don't work Sad

Only my EA ncaa 04 and. Espn 2k4 work on it.

EA ncaa 04 is much better  than my ps3  maddens.  So simple, yet so fun
Reply/Quote
I'm still on XBox 360, LOL. Main reason, most of my game time on a video game console is just different versions of Command And Conquer. I just bought Red Dead Redemption for $5 so I'm only about a dozen years behind right now. Chances are, if I'm playing a game, it's on a computer.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:07 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm still on XBox 360, LOL. Main reason, most of my game time on a video game console is just different versions of Command And Conquer. I just bought Red Dead Redemption for $5 so I'm only about a dozen years behind right now. Chances are, if I'm playing a game, it's on a computer.

Red dead, looks like an interesting  game
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2020, 02:56 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Red dead, looks like an interesting  game

One of the best games of that era of consoles. Really well made.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 06:59 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Yeah, thanks guys. I googled a couple things. Yes, input button. I don't have hdmi,  just the simple 3 color plug ins.

I still had Madden 15, 13, and 25. So I messed with those.
Sure madden sucks but it's still fun n games. Also mlb 13. And ncaa 14

Madden 15 was my favorite. I loved played the MUT online mode.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2020, 03:54 PM)treee Wrote: One of the best games of that era of consoles. Really well made.

Well, whats the attraction?  What can you do in ?  A western GTA? 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2020, 06:07 PM)magikod Wrote: Madden 15 was my favorite. I loved played the MUT online mode.

I put that in the other  night. The players animations ar3 horible IMO , M25 , M13, we're a,tad better. 

But ps2 madden 2002,3,4

Are still fun.
Reply/Quote