Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUP for AJ
Can someone explain why AJ was never put on the PUP list and instead is taking a roster space? Another example of piss poor management but Taylor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Can someone explain why AJ was never put on the PUP list and instead is taking a roster space?  Another example of piss poor management but Taylor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always thought it was because AJ fought it, because he wanted to return earlier in a contract year. Then he saw this train wreck and said F-it, no need
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Because he practiced the first day and was not eligible for PUP.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
But he could have been put on IR after the final roster was announced. 

My guess is, they incorrectly assumed he would be back before week 9. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But he could have been put on IR after the final roster was announced. 

My guess is, they incorrectly assumed he would be back before week 9. 

Yes - Initially it was a 6-8 week prognosis which would have put him back around the Steelers Game.

It feels like with our record so bad that there was no need to rush him back.
Reply/Quote
We should get a pup for AJ and a kitty for Andy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should get a pup for AJ and a kitty for Andy.

Nope. The rules are, AJ gets no pup, so then Andy gets no kitty. 

Said his wife...   Ninja

Reply/Quote
I remember the sly remarks around here that AJ would miss the year when the news broke of his injury in July.

And here we are.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
A combo of him not rushing back because we stank and the usual dose of "Let's not PUP him just in case...it's not like anyone is going to fired over botching this, anyways."
Reply/Quote
AJ Green will return to the Bengals........... on December 15th ....... as a member of the New England Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:05 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ Green will return to the Bengals........... on December 15th .......  as a member of the New England Patriots.

[Image: well-played-sir.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I always thought it was because AJ fought it, because he wanted to return earlier in a contract year. Then he saw this train wreck and said F-it, no need

this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ya means AJ isn't feeling it in his heart of hearts it's his sworn duty and sense of loyalty to Mr Brown to only return to the field of play only when he's 100% healthy and able to contribute to the winning culture instilled in each and every player at the beginning of the season? 
Well, I for one find anything to the contrary completely preposterous ! And to make matters worse I had forgotten how to spell preposterous! I had to look it up!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:05 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ Green will return to the Bengals........... on December 15th .......  as a member of the New England Patriots.

I still can't see Mike Brown trading a high profile player who doesn't walk up to him and say "Trade me now OR actually show that you give a damn about winning."  And even then Mike Brown isn't going to do anything if he doesn't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't see Mike Brown trading a high profile player who doesn't walk up to him and say "Trade me now OR actually show that you give a damn about winning."  And even then Mike Brown isn't going to do anything if he doesn't have to.

Preposterous!  Mike Brown is known to go the extra mile to win (in a court of law)..even when he doesn't have a leg to stand on..
I just wanted to show that I remember how to spell preposterous..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Preposterous!  Mike Brown is known to go the extra mile to win (in a court of law)..even when he doesn't have a leg to stand on..
I just wanted to show that I remember how to spell preposterous..

That's odd, my cat insists that it is PURRRR-posterous!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's odd, my cat insists that it is PURRRR-posterous!

See? You are related to Mike Brown relying on your cat to make decisions for you..My cat died recently so I no longer have the cat excuse.. Oh wait!  I forgot about the fabled dead cat bounce effect..  

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: See? You are related to Mike Brown relying on your cat to make decisions for you..

What do you call a cat who plays for Mike Brown?

.....a Quitty Cat!

*RIMSHOT*
Reply/Quote