Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PacMan v.2
https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-cut-janoris-jenkins-after-unapologetic-reaction-to-tweet-152318190.html

Quote:The New York Giants announced on Friday that they have waived injured cornerback Janoris Jenkins.

Jenkins was injured in Monday night’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles and was rehabbing inside the team’s facility on Wednesday during practice when he got into a Twitter exchange with a fan. Jenkins called the fan “******,” which is highly inappropriate and offensive.

See you in stripes soon Jack Rabbit.

The ironic thing is the team I think most likely to pick him up is the Pats and that will be applauded as "The Patriot Way".

Bengals pick him up and we sign thugs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember he fell in the draft due to character/off-the-field concerns.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I remember he fell in the draft due to character/off-the-field concerns.

Yep, we went with Dre K. he was the next CB taken

Reply/Quote
I think he later said using that word was a hood thing.

Classy guy, that one.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, we went with Dre K. he was the next CB taken

I feel like a decent amount of red flags for draft picks end up causing major issues in the Pros.

A guy like Burfict goes undrafted because of a ton of personal fouls in college and kind of being uncontrollable. I'd say that we got a few productive years out of him, but for the most part...the red flags were right on.

Same with Jones. Same with Jenkins.

Guys like Lawson and Ross were labelled as injury risks...and they've been hurt a lot in their Pro careers.

We could probably name others.

There are guys like Mixon though that have college issues, that are good citizens in the Pros though, so it's not a 100% of the time thing. But it happens a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a decent amount of red flags for draft picks end up causing major issues in the Pros.

A guy like Burfict goes undrafted because of a ton of personal fouls in college and kind of being uncontrollable. I'd say that we got a few productive years out of him, but for the most part...the red flags were right on.

Guys like Lawson and Ross were labelled as injury risks...and they've been hurt a lot in their Pro careers.

There are guys like Mixon though that have college issues, that are good citizens in the Pros though, so it's not a 100% of the time thing. But it happens a lot.

I remember folks in the draft forum telling me Burfict or the Honey Badger would never play a down in the NFL.

As to the flags. IMO it depends of the charge. College kid smoking dope....I'm ok with that Red Flag

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember folks in the draft forum telling me Burfict or the Honey Badger would never play a down in the NFL.

As to the flags. IMO it depends of the charge. College kid smoking dope....I'm ok with that Red Flag

Indeed. Not all red flags are alike. And teams have shown over and over that they'll overlook red flags at least once.
Reply/Quote
Bengals took more heat for drafting Frostee Rucker than any player I can recall. Even more than Mixon. But he never got into any trouble. Even AJ Green was suspended 4 games in college. Meanwhile "clean" guys like Justin Smith, Leon Hall, and Jonathan Joseph all picked up DUIs and/or drug charges. So it is often hard to tell.

Then there are guys like Odell Thurman who messed up so many times in college that he was kicked off the team for a full year, and then when they let him back he got suspended again. I knew he would never last long in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-cut-janoris-jenkins-after-unapologetic-reaction-to-tweet-152318190.html

The ironic thing is the team I think most likely to pick him up is the Pats and that will be applauded as "The Patriot Way".

Definitely a double standard no question.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a decent amount of red flags for draft picks end up causing major issues in the Pros.

I don't know the history of Jones' and Jenkins' off field issues during college, but one reason Mixon may not be a track for this kind of predictive cycle is because he had one issue right before his freshman year. His entire college career (with the exception of one game suspension for mouthing off to a parking attendant) was pretty much spotless and we were only talking about it before his draft because the video from 3 years prior had just recently been released.

I imagine Jenkins and Jones (and I know this to be the case for Burfict) were more "consistent" off field (or in Burfict's case, on field) issue causers.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-cut-janoris-jenkins-after-unapologetic-reaction-to-tweet-152318190.html

Suggs is also Available....    

What do we have to lose? another game hahahahaha….
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals took more heat for drafting Frostee Rucker than any player I can recall.  Even more than Mixon.  But he never got into any trouble. Even AJ Green was suspended 4 games in college. Meanwhile "clean" guys like Justin Smith, Leon Hall, and Jonathan Joseph all picked up DUIs and/or drug charges.  So it is often hard to tell.

Then there are guys like Odell Thurman who messed up so many times in college that he was kicked off the team for a full year, and then when they let him back he got suspended again.  I knew he would never last long in the NFL.

What was the deal with Rucker? I don't think I ever knew anything about this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he later said using that word was a hood thing.

Classy guy, that one.

said it was slang....  and he aint wrong...

I still use the R word to this day when it applies.    Its also a musical term

And again nothing is offensive unless you want it to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: What was the deal with Rucker? I don't think I ever knew anything about this.

2 sexual assault charges I believe.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z4jdwa/frostee-rucker-defensive-end-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-1997-and-2002
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he later said using that word was a hood thing.

Classy guy, that one.

What is he, freakin 12 years old??

Idiot
Reply/Quote
Ive been called worse than that and no one lost their job.... wheres my cake dammit lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: said it was slang....  and he aint wrong...

I still use the R word to this day when it applies.    Its also a musical term

And again nothing is offensive unless you want it to be.

Likewise. It’s a fair point but he must realize he lives in a PC society. Using this word like it’s nothing with the media these days is openly inviting trouble.
Reply/Quote

Spot on!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2 sexual assault charges I believe.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z4jdwa/frostee-rucker-defensive-end-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-1997-and-2002

Wow....I don't recall any of that, or never knew it. No wonder they caught some flak.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote