Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PacMan v.2
(12-13-2019, 06:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2 sexual assault charges I believe.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z4jdwa/frostee-rucker-defensive-end-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-1997-and-2002

His case was pretty detailed and egregious.  IIRC, it didn't emerge in his NFL career until he was a Bengal for a couple of seasons.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-cut-janoris-jenkins-after-unapologetic-reaction-to-tweet-152318190.html

See you in stripes soon Jack Rabbit.

The ironic thing is the team I think most likely to pick him up is the Pats and that will be applauded as "The Patriot Way".

Bengals pick him up and we sign thugs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but out of all the players with doubtful reputations have been silent under BB with the exception of AB, or so it seems. Good organization. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but out of all the players with doubtful reputations have been silent under BB with the exception of AB, or so it seems. Good organization. 

Off the top of my head: They had a TE out of UF with a checkered past that acted up a little bit. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a decent amount of red flags for draft picks end up causing major issues in the Pros.

A guy like Burfict goes undrafted because of a ton of personal fouls in college and kind of being uncontrollable. I'd say that we got a few productive years out of him, but for the most part...the red flags were right on.

Same with Jones. Same with Jenkins.

Guys like Lawson and Ross were labelled as injury risks...and they've been hurt a lot in their Pro careers.

We could probably name others.

There are guys like Mixon though that have college issues, that are good citizens in the Pros though, so it's not a 100% of the time thing. But it happens a lot.

Concerns about Dunlap too at Florida coming out and he’s been nothing but standup
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but out of all the players with doubtful reputations have been silent under BB with the exception of AB, or so it seems. Good organization. 

Brandon Meriweather had more red flags than the Alabama drill team when the Pats drfated him.  He got a dui while there, but is better known as the "original Burfict".  He had so many fines for "head shots" that he ushered in the era of suspending players for those type of hits.

Brandon Spikes tried to gouge a guys eye at while at Florida and generally ran wild under Urban Meyer.  With the pats he was suspended for illegal drug use and later got in trouble for a hit-and-run incident.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Concerns about Dunlap too at Florida coming out and he’s been nothing but standup

Hmm, not really.  Dunlap had one off the field incident.  That is all.  He's more than "lived it down" enough to prove that incident was an anomaly, rather than his character.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: said it was slang....  and he aint wrong...

I still use the R word to this day when it applies.    Its also a musical term

And again nothing is offensive unless you want it to be.

The use of some words are acceptable in the right company but the politically correct crowd will roast you on a spit if you say something they can get the bleeding heart people stirred up about. When I was a kid the adage "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" had us a lot stronger than today.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Off the top of my head: They had a TE out of UF with a checkered past that acted up a little bit. 

Oh c'mon..That was only over a tiny, little murder..It wasn't as if he invaded a major population center and wantonly slaughtered hundreds of thousands or something. This almost makes him sound like a criminal or something..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
looks like the Saints have adopted "The Patriot Way".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 10:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The use of some words are acceptable in the right company but the politically correct crowd will roast you on a spit if you say something they can get the bleeding heart people stirred up about. When I was a kid the adage "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" had us a lot stronger than today.

I have Zero F's to give to the PC crowd...

Allowed to say anything I want. If someone is offended by that or my words its their fault for feeling that way.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: said it was slang....  and he aint wrong...

I still use the R word to this day when it applies.    Its also a musical term

And again nothing is offensive unless you want it to be.

Except the musical term is spelled and pronounced differently...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brandon Meriweather had more red flags than the Alabama drill team...

That’s awesome! What a great analogy!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 10:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s awesome! What a great analogy!

Technically they're crimson...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

I don't know. He can play football. MB likes to be the career saver.

If a grown man isn't sorry for something he said, you can't force him to be sorry.

Also doesn't mean he isn't a good football player...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Except the musical term is spelled and pronounced differently...

doesnt really matter only you can let your self  be offended my Words.

sticks and stones my friend.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 07:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: doesnt really matter only you can let your self  be offended my Words.

sticks and stones my friend.

That wasn't the point of my post. You said it was also a musical term. I was simply pointing out the musical term is spelled and pronounced differently.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Off the top of my head: They had a TE out of UF with a checkered past that acted up a little bit. 

Yeah, extra curricular murder is a bit out of the norm in football for the most part last time i checked..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah, extra curricular murder is a bit out of the norm in football for the most part last time i checked..

i guess its rare...  But the ravens gave their murderer a statue.
Reply/Quote