Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pace Tracker After 11 Games
(11-29-2021, 07:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: How are you doing your projection? Pythagorean record has Cincinnati on pace for 11.51 wins. 

7 wins in 11 games = 0.63 wins per game.
Multiple that by 17 games = 10.8.

What's the pythagorean record formula for football?
Is it similar to the one used in baseball of:
WinPercentage = (PointsFor^2) / (PointsFor^2 + PointsAllowed^2)?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 05:14 PM)Tony Wrote: For me personally, I don't think anybody could get more out of Mixon and this Oline than what Pollack is doing now... 

The players continue to sing his praises.

Reply/Quote
Hard not to smile big when reading those numbers.

Believe when this team puts it all together they can match up with anybody in the NFL.

and as the Monkee's once said "I'm a Believer"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 7 wins in 11 games = 0.63 wins per game.
Multiple that by 17 games = 10.8.

What's the pythagorean record formula for football?
Is it similar to the one used in baseball of:
WinPercentage = (PointsFor^2) / (PointsFor^2 + PointsAllowed^2)?

It’s really close to that, yep! Instead of 2 for the exponent, 2.37 is supposed to be the most accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The players continue to sing his praises.

when most coaches are forced to start a rookie with no proven vets behind him they usually stick with him through tick and thin trying to get him the reps he needs to develop.  And to be honest I would likely do the same thing.  So I give someone a lot of credit fro switching out Carman midseason.  An offensive line works as a unit and is only as strong as its weakest link.  so getting even a slight upgrade at our weakest position could be a big boost.
Reply/Quote
I expect Higgins to go on a bit of a run to end the season with more attention on Chase. I think him and Boyd will close the gap a little, but Chase will definitely stay very much relevant.

It’s great to see Mixon on such a tear. Good to see the oline showing signs of improving the past couple weeks.

Burrow seemed to make less poor decisions last year in terms of panicked throws. Hopefully he can overcome that as it’s been a common theme with the untimely picks this year. Otherwise he’s been good. I think he’ll be even better next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those Mixon numbers… Shocked

No wonder he was the happiest player on the team when we brought Pollack back.

No doubt....also like the way the ball has been dispersed among the WRs and CJ.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The players continue to sing his praises.

Remember when a certain oline coach said you couldn't teach during the season?  Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 01:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Remember when a certain oline coach said you couldn't teach during the season?  Whatever

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Reply/Quote