Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Package Trade?
Would you trade AJ McCaron and the #9 pick to Cleveland for their #1 pick and the chance to grab Myles Garret?

Is their enough in that package or would we have to give up another pick?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think we would be giving too much.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would cost more than that to move up to the top pick....But I would swing that deal if they would take it.
Reply/Quote
If they take it it's fair. They get to keep their 2 first round picks, and get their qb. We get the top player in the class at a top need.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Generally costs more than that to move up to 1st overall.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A #9 and a 5th rounder (McCarron) would not be enough to move up to the #1.

Stay at #9 and jump on Reuben Foster if he is still there.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: A #9 and a 5th rounder (McCarron) would not be enough to move up to the #1.

Because he would fit in with Adam Jones?  Apparently Foster was dismissed from the Combine for an altercation with a nurse...
Reply/Quote
Foster has some issues. With the multiple concussion, knee injury history, and looking like a head case. I think he'll drop out of top 10 consideration.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Foster has some issues. With the multiple concussion, knee injury history, and looking like a head case. I think he'll drop out of top 10 consideration.

In one of the latest ones he dropped to the end of the first round, I don't think he's in consideration any more with our 9th pick
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I would definitely do that trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: A #9 and a 5th rounder (McCarron) would not be enough to move up to the #1.

Well I wouldn't say McCarron is just a 5th rounder anymore, since most trade scenarios are saying he is worth a 2nd or 3rd. But, yeah not sure AJ and just the 9th would be enough to get to #1, prolly have to throw in another pick this year and something like a 2nd next year.

Im really not a fan of making in division trades.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because he would fit in with Adam Jones?  Apparently Foster was dismissed from the Combine for an altercation with a nurse...
It sounds like Foster may be a clone of Burfict at this stage of his career. Grab him!!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
It would take much more than this, but if Cleveland were to somehow go for it, then you jump on it. Garrett is an absolute stud who would take this defensive line to a completely new level. He, Geno, and Dunlap would make life very difficult on opposing quarterbacks.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because he would fit in with Adam Jones?  Apparently Foster was dismissed from the Combine for an altercation with a nurse...

Multiple concussions, currently hurt rotator cuff, altercation with nurse to get kicked out of the Combine. 

Srong pass on Foster.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 07:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Multiple concussions, currently hurt rotator cuff, altercation with nurse to get kicked out of the Combine. 

Srong pass on Foster.

Also all things that make him sound exactly like the Bengals type of player....hurt, character issues, yup...he's going to be a target.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Throw in Bodine and try to swap 9 for 1 and their 1st pick in the 2nd with our 9th. Or Hill for one of their 3rd RD picks.
Reply/Quote
I think that IF we were going DE...that would be a great trade.
Reply/Quote
I think that it would suck ass. McCarron is worth more to this team than a draft pick in this year's draft. Would take a proven player plus a worthy pick in next year's class to get me to squeeze the trigger on a deal to get rid of a darn good backup QB.

Good grief, the Bengals already have 11 picks. If they can't maneuver and deal with what they have, they don't deserve any more.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Last #1 DE prospect to turn out to be worth a shit?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 10:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Last #1 DE prospect to turn out to be worth a shit?

Joey Bosa, 2016
Jadeveon Clowney, 2014
Bruce Irvin, 2012 (was a DE/OLB)
JJ Watt, 2011
Brandon Graham, 2010

All first DEs taken in their respective years since 2010 that turned out to be "worth a shit". So 5 of the last 7 years.

Reply/Quote