Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo finished 6-for-8 for 77 yards
end of message
Reply/Quote
This is a classic case of taking what the defense gives you! Green Bay was weak against the run last night so why pass?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a classic case of taking what the defense gives you!  Green Bay was weak against the run last night so why pass?

Agreed, he has attempted 20 passes for 207 yards combined in their 2 playoff wins. Mahomes has attempted 20 passes in the first half in both of their games lol. IMO that's why KC went down big one time. Then again they probably have more confidence in coming back from big than the 49ers would.

I think a running game is more consistently effective than a passing game, I wish we had a team that could consistently run. Does this team even have the mindset to draft Burrow and have him pass for only 77 yards to win a playoff game?
Reply/Quote
If it was Giggles coaching the Niners, he would have said after the 1st Q: "let's go to the pass for the rest of the game because they will eventually find a way to stop the run."
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does this team even have the mindset to draft Burrow and have him pass for only 77 yards to win a playoff game?

If the coaches called for Andy Dalton to pass over fifty times per game I don't think they will call for Joe Burrow to pass any less.  I know it's not totally fair to compare a college player to an NFL veteran because the defenses are different, but it looks to me just by the eyeball test that Joe Burrow might throw a more consistently accurate deep ball than Andy Dalton. 

My fear is Zac Taylor may fixate on Joe Burrow's throwing ability at Joe Mixon's expense.  There is a law of diminishing returns when a quarterback must live and die through the air.  As we've seen over time, the most successful playoff teams have a reliable running game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote